TSMM or RnC?

cw1982

So, now that Disney is allowing extra FP+ starting on Monday, I'm rethinking my strategy a little:

Currently I have a FP for RnC on our first day at HS and one at TSMM later in the week. Now that we can use more after our first three, I'm tempted to swap that RNC for TSMM and then hope there's a RnC time available later, at the risk of waiting 30 minutes or so during evening EMH if I can't make it happen. Then we could just do one day at HS and have more time for MK or Epcot.

Thoughts?

HouCuseChickie

If you wanted to do both, I'd probably start with a FP TSMM. Part of why TSMM has such long wait times is that there's no height restriction...unlike RnR which is 48". So, TSMM- aside from hype -sees a lot of traffic because pretty much any guest can ride it.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
If you wanted to do both, I'd probably start with a FP TSMM. Part of why TSMM has such long wait times is that there's no height restriction...unlike RnR which is 48". So, TSMM- aside from hype -sees a lot of traffic because pretty much any guest can ride it.

I didn't think about the height requirement thing... makes perfect sense!

I risked annoying DH to talk to him about this (lol) and what I finally got out of him was that he doesn't want to wait an hour for anything. He said if it works out that we can ride TSMM with a reasonable wait, then fine, but that, to him, no ride is worth standing in line for an hour. He said however I want to make it happen is fine with him.

Here's the thing, though:

I know he'll like RnC. I'm honestly not so sure about TSMM. It looks cool, and I can definitely see why it's so popular, and adding the lack of height requirements certainly adds to that... but I'm still not convinced that it's worth risking our ride on RnC.

I guess I'm thinking that RnC is less likely to run out of FP times than TSMM, especially if we are willing to use a FP during the first Fantasmic show. We'll be there until midnight for EMH, so it's okay if our "extra" FP ends up being later in the evening.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

That's what I think too @jlsHouston . Thanks!

AHHH I really love TSMM. I have to confess though, I have been drilling it in your head about this ride over RnRC and I have never even rode RnRC. I am not the biggest coaster fan, although I love Space (probably because I can't see it!) and BTMRR. I finally rode EE this last trip we took in March and I was not thrilled. So here I am telling you to never pick anything over TSMM...and it's not based on experience.:confused:
But there is something about the shooting gallery of TSMM...I just love it. I have this aching arm and shoulder when I exit the ride and I always wish there was a no wait line so I could ride it back to back!

Upvote 0

SAV

Think of it this way. What are the odds of you getting that extra FP+ for TSMM later in the day after you have used your 3 inital FP+'s? Probably close to zero. What are the odds of getting the extra FP+ for RNRC after using that initial allotment of 3? Higher than zero. So I would schedule the TSMM on both days.

And think about it, you can always change your FP for the second day while you are still in the park on your first day if you get done with TSMM and don't want to do it on that second day. Or that night if you don't get to ride RNRC on that first day. It may not be the best time slot, but you should be able to get one a couple of days early. Or you can just run in and ride it at rope drop without a FP on that second day(or first one if you are so inclined).

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
We have FP+ for TSMM one day and RnR another. Usually, at least with the old system, RnR would have FP later in the day, where as TSMM was out before noon. :banghead:

Yeah, this is what I figure will end up happening with us, now that we have the ability to add more once we use the first three. We won't be there for RD, because we will be at the MK until 2 am the night before. I'm fine with that, as long as we get to ride both!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I have to confess though, I have been drilling it in your head about this ride over RnRC and I have never even rode RnRC. I am not the biggest coaster fan, although I love Space (probably because I can't see it!) and BTMRR. I finally rode EE this last trip we took in March and I was not thrilled.

From one chicken to another, I would like to gently suggest that maybe you would like RnRC. It took a LOT of convincing for my husband to get me on that ride. I do NOT like most coasters. I do not like the drops in Everest and will not ride it again. I like BTMRR. I can tolerate the small drops in Space and I do like it (like you, probably because it is in the dark and I cannot see what is coming). That's why I suggest RnRC for you. It is also in the dark. And there are no big drops. Yes there are inversions but if I didn't know they were there, I might not even realize it because they are so quick and the ride is so smooth (except for the back car). Truthfully, the scariest part of the ride is the fast takeoff. If you like Space, you would probably like RnRC. I am glad that my family talked me into trying it. (And I will admit to tearing up with fear the first time I got on it! LOL. My 11 year old son held my hand to help me be brave!)

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
From one chicken to another, I would like to gently suggest that maybe you would like RnRC. It took a LOT of convincing for my husband to get me on that ride. I do NOT like most coasters. I do not like the drops in Everest and will not ride it again. I like BTMRR. I can tolerate the small drops in Space and I do like it (like you, probably because it is in the dark and I cannot see what is coming). That's why I suggest RnRC for you. It is also in the dark. And there are no big drops. Yes there are inversions but if I didn't know they were there, I might not even realize it because they are so quick and the ride is so smooth (except for the back car). Truthfully, the scariest part of the ride is the fast takeoff. If you like Space, you would probably like RnRC. I am glad that my family talked me into trying it. (And I will admit to tearing up with fear the first time I got on it! LOL. My 11 year old son held my hand to help me be brave!)

I agree with this 100%! I am a big chicken, and I love RnC! I can't wait to ride it... haven't done it in years!

In fact, that's the only reason I question the idea of dropping my FP for RnC in favor of TSMM... RnC is one of my favorite rides, and I'll definitely want to go back to HS to ride it on Thursday if we don't do it on Monday.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

So, now that Disney is allowing extra FP+ starting on Monday, I'm rethinking my strategy a little:

Currently I have a FP for RnC on our first day at HS and one at TSMM later in the week. Now that we can use more after our first three, I'm tempted to swap that RNC for TSMM and then hope there's a RnC time available later, at the risk of waiting 30 minutes or so during evening EMH if I can't make it happen. Then we could just do one day at HS and have more time for MK or Epcot.

Thoughts?

Do you think that later in the day there still will be fastpass's still available. Before fastpass+ if you did not run over to TSMM at rope drop you would not be able to get a Fastpass. What makes you think it would be any different now?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If you want to switch it up, do so, and either get to RnR at rope drop (or, at least, within the first 30 minutes after park opening), or use RnR's single rider line, if you find you can't get a "4th FP+" for it.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
Do you think that later in the day there still will be fastpass's still available. Before fastpass+ if you did not run over to TSMM at rope drop you would not be able to get a Fastpass. What makes you think it would be any different now?

Right... that's why I'm saying I may go ahead and get a FP+ for TSMM instead of RnC. RnC is slightly more likely to have FP+ times available after I use my first three than TSMM is. I currently have one for RnC and was thinking of changing it.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
If you want to switch it up, do so, and either get to RnR at rope drop (or, at least, within the first 30 minutes after park opening), or use RnR's single rider line, if you find you can't get a "4th FP+" for it.

Yeah, I'll never make it to RD after being at MK until 2 am the night before... but doing single rider line during evening EMH might be an option if nothing else pans out.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Right... that's why I'm saying I may go ahead and get a FP+ for TSMM instead of RnC. RnC is slightly more likely to have FP+ times available after I use my first three than TSMM is. I currently have one for RnC and was thinking of changing it.

Agreed! In figuring out what might still have FP+ left at the end of the day, we can default to our knowledge of legacy FP. TSMM was often "sold out" of legacy Fastpasses before lunchtime, whereas RnR's supply wasn't exhausted until several hours later, if at all.

Upvote 0

LucyK

With the new ability to get a 4th FP+ I'd go with TSMM, which has much more chances of assigning all of their FP+ before 2PM. You can always grab a RNRC FP+ after you've used your previous 3FP+.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I would go with the RNRC fastpass as I despise that line. Makes me feel trapped and moves slowly due to the preshow. I'd rather wait for Toy Story for an hour before RNRC for 25 minutes. Sad but true.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
I would go with the RNRC fastpass as I despise that line. Makes me feel trapped and moves slowly due to the preshow. I'd rather wait for Toy Story for an hour before RNRC for 25 minutes. Sad but true.

True. I honestly don't care either way, because HS looks like the one park where waiting an hour for one ride wouldn't be that big of a deal, if it's just that one ride and we're only riding it once. But DH said the only way he'll ride either one is if the wait is reasonable, and anything at an hour (which is what I'm seeing for TSMM every time I look in the MDE app) is not "reasonable" to him lol.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

True. I honestly don't care either way, because HS looks like the one park where waiting an hour for one ride wouldn't be that big of a deal, if it's just that one ride and we're only riding it once. But DH said the only way he'll ride either one is if the wait is reasonable, and anything at an hour (which is what I'm seeing for TSMM every time I look in the MDE app) is not "reasonable" to him lol.
I know its so crazy!!! We thought that after the ride was open for like 6-12 months, the lines would relax a bit. Aaaand 6 years later it hasn't changed much!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom