Sci Fi Restaurant?

cw1982

Original Poster
For those of you who have been to Sci Fi before for lunch, how long would you plan to be there? Our ADR is for 2:50. Random time, I know, but I figured it would be perfect since we probably won't get there until 12 or so.

RubyLee

I think the movie reel is about an hour before it repeats...so I'd say the goal is to turn tables in about that time. All my visits have been in the 60-90 minute range without any rushing. If you're time constrained, it could definitely be faster!

jlsHouston

This is one of favorite dining spots at HS. We love the seating(cars) and the old movies. It is kind of dark inside which occasionally has made me uncomfortable because I always order either the steak or a burger and I can't see to make sure it's cooked well done without flashing my phone on it and I know I look weird doing that.
We are usually in there about an hour. The service is pretty good, and the food arrives fairly quick but at this venue we tend to eat slower, relax and enjoy the flicks.

cw1982

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! We won't really be "rushing" per se, but I was just eyeballing the possibility of moving some of my FP+ selections around to increase the odds of getting one for RnC later in the day.... so figuring out how long lunch will take somewhat effects the times on my FP+.

DisneyJunkie

You should plan on being in there at least 1 to 1.5 hrs. You can also plan on sitting through the same old sci-fi movie clips OVER and OVER and OVER again and it gets old very quickly. The food in there is nothing to write home about at all, but they do have some good milkshakes.

Edit: It does have really cool theming and is a good idea for a restaurant, but unfortunately the quality of food isn't as impressive.

Last edited:

cw1982

Original Poster
We start our trip in June there this year, 9pm ADRs out first night at WDW :)

See... I thought about moving my ADR to dinner (there's an 8:35 available right now for the day we'll be there), but I almost would rather have that time free to try to hit up rides while a good chunk of the crowd is waiting for Fantasmic. Since we get evening EMH that night, I figure we'll get in some rides or just enjoy a leisurely stroll around a less-crowded HS while the first show is going on, then go to the second show and still have time to ride RnC one more time before we leave for the night.

Plus, DH wants a turkey leg at some point on our trip, and it looks like HS is as good of a place to get a turkey leg as anywhere else lol... so dinner will probably be a turkey leg for DH; not sure what I'll have. Whatever I crave and can get to conveniently, I guess ;)

BigTxEars

See... I thought about moving my ADR to dinner (there's an 8:35 available right now for the day we'll be there), but I almost would rather have that time free to try to hit up rides while a good chunk of the crowd is waiting for Fantasmic. Since we get evening EMH that night, I figure we'll get in some rides or just enjoy a leisurely stroll around a less-crowded HS while the first show is going on, then go to the second show and still have time to ride RnC one more time before we leave for the night.

Plus, DH wants a turkey leg at some point on our trip, and it looks like HS is as good of a place to get a turkey leg as anywhere else lol... so dinner will probably be a turkey leg for DH; not sure what I'll have. Whatever I crave and can get to conveniently, I guess ;)

Yep turkey legs at DHS are pretty good :)

The first day we land at MCO at 3pm, hope to check into the BW by 5PM or so. We have a FP+ for Tower of Terror at 6:15pm (might or might not make this one) Rock N Roll coaster at 7:30pm then ADRs at SciFi at 9pm :)

We have a FP+ on Wednesday for Fantasmic. :)

cw1982

Original Poster
Yep turkey legs at DHS are pretty good :)

The first day we land at MCO at 3pm, hope to check into the BW by 5PM or so. We have a FP+ for Tower of Terror at 6:15pm (might or might not make this one) Rock N Roll coaster at 7:30pm then ADRs at SciFi at 9pm :)

We have a FP+ on Wednesday for Fantasmic. :)

Ah, then that makes sense.

I'm still thinking I can manipulate our schedule so that we end up only needing one day at HS. If that works out, we'll probably end up rethinking some of our other daytime plans, but we'll get more time at Epcot and/or MK that way.

BigTxEars

Ah, then that makes sense.

I'm still thinking I can manipulate our schedule so that we end up only needing one day at HS. If that works out, we'll probably end up rethinking some of our other daytime plans, but we'll get more time at Epcot and/or MK that way.

You do realize that at some point you are going to have to stop planning and just go with what ya already got planned right :p

Just kidding, I understand the desire to just keep tweaking!

Almost time for our MB to be mailed :cool:

cw1982

Original Poster
You do realize that at some point you are going to have to stop planning and just go with what ya already got planned right :p

Just kidding, I understand the desire to just keep tweaking!

Almost time for our MB to be mailed :cool:

Hah! I know... lol. :joyfull:

And yeah... I got my coupons and luggage tags in the mail today. I can't wait for our MB to be mailed! We have until May 2 to customize ours... which is funny, because I did that the day I booked the trip (two months ago!) :hilarious:

BigTxEars

Hah! I know... lol. :joyfull:

And yeah... I got my coupons and luggage tags in the mail today. I can't wait for our MB to be mailed! We have until May 2 to customize ours... which is funny, because I did that the day I booked the trip (two months ago!) :hilarious:

What? I did not get my DME stuff today! Not Fair!!! :cautious:

mom2of2

You should plan on being in there at least 1 to 1.5 hrs. You can also plan on sitting through the same old sci-fi movie clips OVER and OVER and OVER again and it gets old very quickly. The food in there is nothing to write home about at all, but they do have some good milkshakes.

Edit: It does have really cool theming and is a good idea for a restaurant, but unfortunately the quality of food isn't as impressive.
The movie reel is 47 minutes long which is what a table turn there should be. Of course it could be longer depending on how many courses you order, if the restaurant is busy, server etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom