Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

WDW1974

Original Poster

WDW1974

Original Poster
It does seem like overkill & on the surface scummy...but let's think for a minute. Should anyone post something negative about their company in a public forum? I mean that's standard code of conduct pretty much anywhere

Yep. I am more interested in who's reading here and why ... and why some of us are literally stalked by Disney online (especially when Georgie tells The Weatherman he has certain Spirits under control when he is lying out his !)

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm not an expert on the RF chips in the Magicbands but from my experiences with similar card-based chips on transit systems and such is that you have to hold the chip close to the sensor for it to be read. Also, people make the mistake of swiping the chip when it works best being held still to be read. Unless Disney has some sort of advanced RF technology, I honestly don't see how they could have expected the MAGIC Maker features to work in such a passive way where one just walks around and this stuff Magically happens around you. Even my battery powered transponder for my FastTrak only seems to work half the time.

They can be read at a distance ... quite a distance.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think a better question is what has Disney done this century to engender any trust from consumers at all?

Or to flip it around.. where has Disney violated customer's trust of their personal information? We've all be handing it over in droves for decades.

MickeyPeace

To froyo or not to froyo tonight ... that isn't really in doubt at all.

Speaking of which, now that you can buy Dole Whip at UNI, what are the Disney fanbois going to overrate as a dessert treat.

Universal selling Dole Whips just might expose this overrated treat as nothing special.
Just as Disney selling bigger than your head pink frosted Simpsons donuts has done. Never a line. In fact I never seen anyone eating one.

Swfewrmco

"Excuse me, ladies, but did you know you're in the presence of a blogger? Shall we take a photo?"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 217

WDW1974

Original Poster
Or to flip it around.. where has Disney violated customer's trust of their personal information? We've all be handing it over in droves for decades.

There have been numerous instances when Disney has given out the wrong info to the wrong guest (recall the talk here when MM+ began). And generally, how would you even gauge that ?

tissandtully

Their food is definitely better than their furniture ...
The furniture isn't bad for what you pay. I never pay a lot for furniture. A lot of the 1%ers didn't get where they are by buying expensive end tables. I'm trying to figure out your point when you come on here and make fun of those who like certain things or certain classes of people. I respect your insider news, but the elitism is something I can't get past. Maybe less of that?

Goofyernmost

The furniture isn't bad for what you pay. I never pay a lot for furniture. A lot of the 1%ers didn't get where they are by buying expensive end tables. I'm trying to figure out your point when you come on here and make fun of those who like certain things or certain classes of people. I respect your insider news, but the elitism is something I can't get past. Maybe less of that?
Good luck with that! :joyfull:

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I am just tired of the grisly serial killer or crazy of the week procedural, so Criminal Minds doesn't do a thing for me.

I find it interesting that the show is co-produced by ABC Studios, though it is a huge hit for CBS.

Of course, ABC also passed on a chance to produce the gold mine that is CSI ... who was running the network back then?

No suggestions right now ... everyone has different taste and we are at the end of the traditional season anyway.

Watch the new 24 on FOX. There's one.

My fellow Long Islander.

Soarin' Over Pgh

There have been numerous instances when Disney has given out the wrong info to the wrong guest (recall the talk here when MM+ began). And generally, how would you even gauge that ?

....and some still are. :cautious:

However I was fangrrl ecstatic when I did get a piece of mail with my own name on it and actually shipped to my own address. That was a nice touch.

My mom? Not so lucky. I think I've already told you that one, Spirit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom