MDE problems

LucyK

Original Poster
I'm trying to make a payment using MDE but even though I'm logged-in this is what I see when I click on MDE:
Untitled.jpg

Any insight in what is wrong?

SteveW

I thought you could make payments on package reservations. I know you can't for room only ones. The screen shot LucyK got is missing the normal selections.

JohnD

I thought you could make payments on package reservations. I know you can't for room only ones. The screen shot LucyK got is missing the normal selections.

Actually, you're mistaken. I just made a reservation a few days ago for a stay at Pop Century in October. I made a payment on my deposit for the room.

dakotafrost

Did that and even tried cleaning the cache and last visited websites, tried different browsers, no luck.

I always make my payments using MDE, I only call to make requests and/or apply discounts.

I have the same issue. I called WDW tonight. Asked to speak with the IT group (I've been connected there before for website issues). I was on hold for 1/2 hour when my initial contact came back on and said that IT had informed her that they couldn't access the system that controlled payment information on the site, and there was nothing they could do. I would have to make a payment over the phone. Nonsense. I explained that I I like seeing my exact balance so I can reference it, so I don't just use the system for making payments. I didn't relay that calling in is a hassle, and online payments are much easier.

I'll call back later, likely tomorrow during the day, get someone else, and probably get a different answer. Unfortunately, getting different answers on different calls happens far too often.

dakotafrost

That is the reply of a "baby IT" group if I ever heard one. At face value? It would indicate Disney can not bill. When "IT" stops the flow of business? It's time to dump 'em (and Susan O'Day, the so called "CIO") and go get a REAL IT group.

Who did this group of losers THINK could access the payment system? The Janitorial staff?

I knew that was a pathetic answer, but I had called in at 8PM EST and figured maybe a crew on day shift could get me better response. I called in the next mid-morning and got the following answers:

- I had made a reservation using a PIN code that was sent under my wife's name. Even though I had made all the reservations, charged it to a card in MY name, the reservation was primarily linked under my wife's account. So if I logged in under my wife's name, I could see the reservation where the balance due showed and I could make a payment. None of this turned out to be true.

- I mentioned that I was able to look at my balance and make payments on line as little as two weeks ago. There was a discussion that implied that somehow when I allowed my wife to share my plans via MDE, the entire reservation shifted to her as primary, and that's when the ability for me to see my balance and pay online went away. I expressed extreme doubt at this, and asked if this was possible or were they just guessing. The response was that they weren't sure.

- in the end, I was told that a "ticket was being opened" and sent to a higher IT group for investigation. For now, I would just have to call in to make payments.

First world problems, I realize, but the speculation and crazy theories around this issue, not to mention the inconsistent responses, is not the level of customer service I usually get from Disney.

jpittore1

I had a similar issue, call the IT group and ask them to merge the accounts. I was on the phone for 55 minutes and asked for a supervisor, but it was complete and now I can see everything under one account versus two accounts

Mr Toad

I had a similar issue on Thursday using MDE on the DW's iPhone 5s. It wouldn't let me make any FP+ selections. I got an error message saying that 1 or more party members need a valid theme park admission. Well, we all have admission. I used my Windows phone and was able to make the FP+ on the mobile site. When I called WDW, they switched me to IT. IT said that the apps for iPhone and Android can get buggy frequently.

Dwarful

I was on the phone for over an hour with IT tonight. At the end of the conversation they weren't quite sure they could solve my problems.

WDWDad13

Does Disney have IT problems...absolutely but remember these "IT" people you are speaking too are probably contractor first level help desk people that know, well, not much.

It's like back in the day when we called a computer vendor for support....that was so much fun it was comical

LucyK

Original Poster
I didn't call IT yet, but I might if this is not resolved till May 10th. Or I might just give up and call Disney Dining to make all my ADRs.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That is the reply of a "baby IT" group if I ever heard one. At face value? It would indicate Disney can not bill. When "IT" stops the flow of business? It's time to dump 'em (and Susan O'Day, the so called "CIO") and go get a REAL IT group.

Who did this group of losers THINK could access the payment system? The Janitorial staff?
This is completely correct. Someone in IT (or small group of people) knows all, sees all, and controls all...however, they may not have authorization.

Dwarful

I would call for ADR's but when you do make sure they are correctly linked. My problem is somehow my family except for me...all has double accounts linked to our trip. On one set of 'family' the park passes are linked with dining. On the phantom set park FP's (NOT hopppers which we have) and room reservation are set. The IT people worked for over an hour and said they thought they had the room, park hoppers, FPs and dining on one set...but she wasn't 100%. Plus they couldn't delete the phantom family and it was a struggle to get my husband included as a part of the family. I am prepared to make a visit to Guest Services first thing. ughhh

jpittore1

It sounds like WDW-DINE CMs need to start asking for the caller's MDE user ID and email to make sure it links properly when making ADRs

Dwarful

exactly. Our account is completely messed up. The IT person worked very hard to fix things up for us. I asked if we couldn't just delete everything and start over but that wasn't an option. I just hope things aren't too messed up when we arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom