Marvel in WDSP

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Now here's a more realistic thread. ;)

I believe it was on this site that I read about a Marvel expansion coming to the Stuidos park in Paris with one new ride and re-themes for RnRC and Armageddon. Is this still coming?

|Q|

It's been rumored for some times, but the current opinion is that after Ratatouille, Star Tours II with a Star Wars miniland in the back of Discoveryland will be next (despite Philippe Gas stating many times that new developements in the years to come would focus on WDSP).

But well, with both the new Star Wars AND Avengers 2 coming out in 2015, I think an opening of Star Wars and Marvel areas in 2015-2016 could really help have that bump in attendance that it needs, imho.

I'd totally like to see RnRC rethemed to the Bifrost from Thor movies, the stunt show could be modern-day Captain America, maybe feat. the Black Widow and BMF Nick Fury.

DLRP NEWS

Yesterday began a meeting in Backlot with Spiderman and this is only the beginning!
Before 2017, all Backlot will be transformed into Marvel Land!

Trekkie101

I figured as much - that "report" is just fluff.

Some of its true, extra hotels, expanded village, refurbs.

The rest is made up. DLP don't have the money to spend on it, they still make a loss every year, they have about €300 in revolving credit but at best that buys it two E-tickets - and they need that money to remain competitive.

TWDC announced as well they're not making huge financial commitments in the near term. And since we don't have Pandora in the World yet, I sincerely doubt it's been considered for Paris. Gas from Paris has also publicly stated DLP isn't getting Star Tours upgrades or changes to Armageddon as any money made will be used to expand WDS rather than upgrade what they have.

Trekkie101

Yeah bring in the Spirit @WDW1974

Although, consider the article posted basically states that DLP will have more spent on it, than WDW and DLR combined have had.

Avatarland, Marvelland, complete replacemaking, four rides rethemed, Star Wars land, new hotels, new additions to the village, and when thats done? A third gate. A fans dream but not reality.

|Q|

Avatarland, Marvelland, complete replacemaking, four rides rethemed, Star Wars land, new hotels, new additions to the village, and when thats done? A third gate. A fans dream but not reality.

In a ten year plan, there are a lot of "eventually". I'm more interested in the short term stuff.

Q

Trekkie101

Counter to my point above conversely:

DLP is getting new hotels at some point, both in the value and "prestige deluxe" categories. Presumably one of them will look over WDS. The Castle Club suites (castle view/park view) at £600 ($1000) a night are full year round, 99% occupancy apparently. - That's money DLP sorely needs.

The village is currently under rebuild-ish. New floor, new security, new permanent fixtures:
1. To provide integrated experience (Guests hate doing multiple bag checks).
2. To reduce labour costs with entrances, they've went from 6 entrances to 2 to "police".

Philippe Gas, CEO EuroDisney came out and told us at the recent shareholders events, we aren't getting an armageddon upgrade or Star Tours upgrade as both would cost a lot and they'd rather channel the money to expanding the WDS park. Once its bigger, they'll rethink the layouts. This is why I strongly doubt we're retiming anything.

Space Mountain needs a refurb and the now 2 year old NEW trains still need fit.
Big Thunder is in need of refurb.
Indiana Jones just had a refurb.

Money is being poured currently into fixing up the hotels, fixing the maintenance in the park, and is earmarked for future refurbs.

The 25th is going to be a big push for the resort, and they want the WDS park to be standing tall by then. We're 2.5 years from it now, any big E-Tickets for it would need started today.

WDW1974

I was wondering, maybe @WDW1974 has something to say about this.

(aka Mighty Spirit [kills rabbit], i summon you!)

Yeah bring in the Spirit @WDW1974

Although, consider the article posted basically states that DLP will have more spent on it, than WDW and DLR combined have had.

I have brought this subject up on my thread (you know, where people will actually read and respond to it).

That said, much of what is in that blog post is accurate (more the short term -- next 2-3 year stuff). The other stuff is largely stuff that I have heard they would like to do. The only thing in there that was completely new to me was Soarin being placed on the expansion pad that folks have been hoping would be Indy for the last 15 years or so.

Do I think all of that will happen? No. It never does.

But do I think that is likely the plan that Euro Disney SCA would like to see happen? yes.

I also think much of it has a greater chance of happening than one might think because Disney is looking to pump money into the resort and get that debt down a great deal so it doesn't strangle them as it has.

Star Wars Land was always planned for DLP, for instance. And Avatar was always planned to go to DSP as the second park post DAK (recall the original announcement about Disney Parks around the globe getting Avatar product in the future).

Marvel was always planned to go into DSP as soon as the third gate having to be built in the near future went away. And I have heard there are indeed plans to do a Spidey overlay of RnRC and I've heard of an unnamed Marvel E-Ticket, which could be that Avengers ride ... could.

Again, though, this is all the 'what if?/down the road' stuff and that is when things get very iffy ... I think you'll see some of this, but certainly not all and likely not most.

Anyway, if you want to continue the discussion, feel free to bring it up ... up in my thread.Thanks.

erider

Just build a Marvel Avengers themed ride with a Kuka ride system first, which will blow all the other European rides out of the water and bring in the crowds. With the money they make from these visitors they can build all the placemaking projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom