Star Wars Weekends 2014

tribbleorlfl

Any thoughts on whether Disney will (or should) make fast passes available online, rather than making people line up at 3AM?
I was wondering the same exact thing in an earlier post. There's no reason they can't incorporate the autograph FP distribution into the FP+ system. Make them Tier 1 passes, potentially freeing up more FP+'s for the top attractions for guests not interested in autographs. All guests will have the same chances to obtain an autograph FP, not just those who have the ability to lineup in the middle of the night.

The process that's been in place the past several years has been exceedingly frustrating as a parent of small children. I know they wanted to avoid the opening gate stampede and run they'd get when they'd distribute at Indy, but requiring the ticket holder to be present to get both a FP and a wristband 2+ hours before park opening effectively excludes young families fr getting an autograph.

habuma

I for one am excited about the new premium package. I think SWW is very cool but these events get too crowded, and since we have two toddlers, I had all but given up on going next month...

Same here. We're going to be there during SWW, but I had no idea how I'd be able to enjoy the festivities, knowing it'd be crazy busy and my younglings probably wouldn't have the patience for such things. I had all but begun to accept the fact that I'd miss the motorcade and fireworks. But as of about 5 minutes ago, I have VIP access to both.

It's a bit pricey, but hey...I recently encountered some "found money" so to speak, so carving out a slice to get a better view of the motorcade and some deserts while watching fireworks seems like a reasonable thing to do at least once.

Furiated

Can someone who's done the D-Tech before help me out? I was thinking of having my 6 year old made into a Stormtrooper. Is this something an average 6 year old can sit still for, or do you need to remain motionless for a really long time?

Can you play with the figure, or put the helmet on/off, or is it the kind of thing that goes on the mantle?

Thanks in advance.

I've done it twice, the carbon freeze and the Stormtrooper.

The photo process is pretty quick. The actual photo taking is just like sitting for a regular photo. They count to 3 and snap the picture. You don't have to hold still for a long time, it's instant. They will take 3 or 4 different poses, like smiling, angry face, etc, then show you how the 3D captures came out and have you pick the one you want to go with.

The figure is definitely for display only, it's a statue and not articulated and you can't put the helmet on and off.

JLipnick

Hey I just put $ 90 bucks in my truck and it didn't even hit full. So $108 for 2 of us sounded like a deal;)
I just booked this also for June 8th. Being a huge star wars geek and being that it is father's day, it was a no brainer. but rather than equating it to the price of a fill up, we equated it to a session of physical therapy and figured the cost for two adults and two kids is less than an hour of my son's PT.

jlsHouston

I just booked this also for June 8th. Being a huge star wars geek and being that it is father's day, it was a no brainer. but rather than equating it to the price of a fill up, we equated it to a session of physical therapy and figured the cost for two adults and two kids is less than an hour of my son's PT.

I know, I have to sometimes look at that value on things...like the $ 150 blinged out 5 inch heels I bought for the NYE party that I couldn't last the night in....I am just glad there are only 2 in my travel party for this trip...Sometimes I have 5 :eek:

prberk

The forums are a bit tricky to use as a way to stay up to date with everything, as threads often contain information that is new, but the title does not change. You really have to read through everything if you plan to use the forum in that way. I try to make it very easy for people to see the latest news either on the homepage or at http://www.wdwmagic.com/news.htm

Steve, I understand that, and I appreciate that you do that; but I find the site so large that I have only a few places that I have time to check regularly, and the WDW News and Rumors forum is the one I check most. It used to be that people would start a new thread with real news like this, and I found that very useful.

Not only would it in this case change the topic from the dates being set to who the celebrities are; but it would also reset or restart the conversation, this time focused clearly on the celebrities, not the dates or the event as a whole.

@Master Yoda, I meant a new thread in the News and Rumors forum [I know, I know, the "News, Rumors, and Current Events" forum...], not the news page, which is even farther away from the current forum. You see my reasons above. I know you remember it being more often that way, too.

jlsHouston

There is no false demand for these things. There is a very real demand that exceeds the supply. You had to secure a viewing location 1-2 hours before showtime to see Hyperspace Hoopla last year. Jedi Training is filled by 9:00 AM and getting in line for shows 1/2-1 hour early has been a necessity for years.

There is a very real demand to avoid all of this waiting and people are more than willing to shell out cash for it.

Yep and we live in a free market economy, so you got limited supply and lotsa demand, guess what happens to prices! I'm living it everyday in the trucking business right now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep and we live in a free market economy, so you got limited supply and lotsa demand, guess what happens to prices! I'm living it everyday in the trucking business right now.
I know of what you speak. I have been on the wrong end of the supply and demand equation since the bubble popped in 2008. It finally seems to be correcting itself.

prberk

Thanks.

No slam on the site. This is where I go to get my news. I do need to rethink the way I use it. My old approach isn't as efficient as it used to be.

I think I had the same old approach. Still would rather it be that way. (Hey, it worked before...)

Anyway, just a thought. Back to the conversation -- "These aren't the droids you are looking for..."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve, I understand that, and I appreciate that you do that; but I find the site so large that I have only a few places that I have time to check regularly, and the WDW News and Rumors forum is the one I check most. It used to be that people would start a new thread with real news like this, and I found that very useful.

Not only would it in this case change the topic from the dates being set to who the celebrities are; but it would also reset or restart the conversation, this time focused clearly on the celebrities, not the dates or the event as a whole.

@Master Yoda, I meant a new thread in the News and Rumors forum [I know, I know, the "News, Rumors, and Current Events" forum...], not the news page, which is even farther away from the current forum. You see my reasons above. I know you remember it being more often that way, too.
In most cases I do start an article in News and Rumors for every news item I post, unless they relate to a subject that is already in place. The problem is that if threads are started every time a bit of Star Wars Weekend news comes out, we end up with many threads, with the info spread across them all, and it gets messy. It is really one of those situations where it isn't possible to make it work for everyone unfortunately.

Another option is for you to follow out Twitter - which makes it easy to see all the headlines as they happen.

lebeau

In most cases I do start an article in News and Rumors for every news item I post, unless they relate to a subject that is already in place. The problem is that if threads are started every time a bit of Star Wars Weekend news comes out, we end up with many threads, with the info spread across them all, and it gets messy. It is really one of those situations where it isn't possible to make it work for everyone unfortunately.

Another option is for you to follow out Twitter - which makes it easy to see all the headlines as they happen.

I'm going to overcome my dislike of Twitter long enough to start following you. ;)

jlsHouston

I know of what you speak. I have been on the wrong end of the supply and demand equation since the bubble popped in 2008. It finally seems to be correcting itself.

Yah right now my customers are on the wrong end and they are having trouble getting their heart right...

Cesar R M

We have great food. Cajun is on par with Louisiana fare. And our Tex Mex is better than San Antonio. And nobody says beaners. At least nobody in my circles and half my relatives are Guevara's. We do occasionally make cracks about how we fit 6 people in a 4 seater car though...
If I go to Texas to visit my uncle, aunt and cousins someday.. I hope we can go on a restaurant tour (all paid by me of course) :D

Also, there is a culture of fitting as much people as possible in tiny cars.. specially in Six Flags Mexico city (where they do these famous discounted packages named "Auto Sardina", where they have a flat price for a car and all people inside of a car get in for the same price. note that the US equivalent of Auto Sardina would be a "clown car package" )

JohnD

Actualy, Father's Day is June 15. (3rd Sunday in June. Mother's Day is 2nd Sunday in May). You'll be there a week before Father's Day.

JLipnick

Actualy, Father's Day is June 15. (3rd Sunday in June. Mother's Day is 2nd Sunday in May). You'll be there a week before Father's Day.
Well, i was partially correct. i will be there the 15th also but we only booked for the 8th since that is when Mark Hamill will be in the parade. Thanks for reminding me of my forgetfullness! :confused::oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom