Survivor: Cagayan

PUSH

One of my favorite parts from this episode was the reactions of Sarah during tribal. When someone was walking back from their vote, I think she figured it out. In the background you could see her jaw drop.

Glad that LJ was voted out. It keeps things interesting, and it helps Spencer move along. Tony is definitely on Trish and Jefra's list, though. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. I think Trish and Jefra will try to target Tony, potentially going to Spencer, Tash, and Jeremiah. I think Woo and Tony put themselves in a bad place tonight. I didn't realize how gullible Woo was until tonight.

Although Woo may have gotten injured in next week's episode, so who knows what that will lead to. And it looks like Tony goes even further into paranoia mode, but this time it's justifiable.

Should be an interesting finish to the season!

SAV

Original Poster
Interesting episode so far and I love how Tony worked them all. I don't know if it was the smartest move to whack LJ at this point since the power has now shifted away from him. Woo-zie definitely got taken in that exchange, but I don't think he knows it. Jeffra is just there. I mean she does nothing. At this point Tony isn't going to win because he is making enemies of everyone. He may make the final 3 because everyone is going to want to take him with, so he may just make some $$, but not the million.

Spencer is looking better and better...especially with the idol in his pocket. They don't suspect he has it at all. Tash looks like she is gonna be a force now. She has the brawn, is smart and is kinda under the radar now. Because you know they are gonna go after Tony and she'll not be mentioned.

No interesting camera work to speak of this episode...total bummer.

That looks like a bad fall for Woo-zie, but I doubt they show it if he is really hurt and has to leave the game...there is no shock value in that at all.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Loving the Ponderosa videos.

Not liking Sarah or Morgan any more (than I did), though. I still they're both dummies.
Can't wait until Kass shows up. Sparks are going to fly!

Last edited:

PUSH

The more I think about it, the more I can't wait for Wednesday. I'm interested to see how the alliances switch up. I doubt Trish is going to trust Tony at all anymore. Could it be that Spencer, Tash, and Jeremiah are going it be in power now? If the alliance of 4 splits to Trish & Jefra and Tony & Woo, they're going to need more numbers. If the alliance of 3 sticks together, they could pick apart the two on the outs and then stick with their three to the end, assuming the final immunity challenge is won by one of those three. I'm just hoping people don't realize how much of a threat Spencer is right now. I want him to win! Tash would be my second choice.

PUSH

Disappointed that it won't be a Spencer, Tash, Jeremiah final three. Disappointed that Spencer wasted his idol. I hate the fact that Tony got the special idol. But the game changes so frequently that Spencer and Tash could end up in the final three somehow.

I don't think I like the special idol's powers. Seems to be cheating a little bit, but I guess these random changes are part of the game. Tony is smart, and that's why he's ended up with two idols so far. He's good at sneaking off to find them. Maybe someone next week will realize there's a special idol in play and put two and two together to figure out Tony's isn't fake.

The previews for next week make me hopeful that Spencer isn't going home, but unless he wins immunity I think it's a likely possibility. Although it is very easy to get Tony paranoid, but I don't know if they'd give that away in the previews. Could just be Tony making Spencer feel comfortable.

Also a thought from the show... I don't think Tony has a chance of winning despite what Spencer and Tash said. I would be shocked if Sarah, Morgan, and maybe even LJ gave him a vote.

Jefra is too flip-floppy. I think she made a solid decision to go back to her old alliance, because I think Spencer, Tash, and Jeremiah would have stuck together unless Spencer was brave enough to blindside Tash.

Final thought, Woo is not nearly as likable to me as he was at the beginning. He has next to no strategy and relies too heavily on his challenge skills.

Okay I lied, one more thought: Spencer and Tash are amazing at challenges. It just goes to show how bad the other members of the Brain tribe were.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Okay, just finished watching.
Very disappointed with this episode. I was shouting, literally, at Spencer to play his idol for Jeremy (sic).

Woo is less impressive each episode. Less Ozzy and more Fabio, as time passes.

Tash is amazing! The other girls - not so much. Jefra - ugh!

Go. Away. Tony.

SAV

Original Poster
This episode was OK, but not great.

Hind sight says he should have played the idol for Jeremiah, but in the heat of the game, you can't give it up for someone else this late in the game.

In actuality, he should have worn it to tribal if he was going to play it. Flaunt it and get it out there in the open that you do have it. Play the "Sorry Jeremiah, you're out of luck" card in the talking part of tribal. Hell, I'd have shown it early in the day and use it to get some votes on your side. Or to at least plant a big seed to get someone to flip. Then give it to Jeremiah right before the votes are read. Yes, I know Tony had his special one, but he would have had to use it and get it flushed. I just think Spencer's use of it wasn't done properly.

I really think Tony has this game in the bag. Spencer was right. He is playing a hell of a game. Making all of the moves when needed. The rest of them don't seem to be doing much, except for following. They may have missed their chance to whack Tony now. Not sure if they were telling the truth, but he does seem to have some votes already if he does make it. Of course we could get a jury like they did in Russell's first season where they were namby pamby babies and didn't reward the best player because they were butthurt and gave it to Natalie, who was so undeserving of the win.

NYwdwfan

Line of the show: Trish in noticing the papayas "reminded" her of Morgan.

Also - question on the super-terrific-special idol - do you think it can only be played until they get down to 5 like a regular idol? If so Tony only has 2 more episodes to use it.

PUSH

Line of the show: Trish in noticing the papayas "reminded" her of Morgan.

Also - question on the super-terrific-special idol - do you think it can only be played until they get down to 5 like a regular idol? If so Tony only has 2 more episodes to use it.
I don't think it would be fair past that point. Heck, I don't think it's fair at all. What I'm wondering is if they will auction off a clue to the special idol next week despite Tony already having it.

PUSH

This episode was OK, but not great.

Hind sight says he should have played the idol for Jeremiah, but in the heat of the game, you can't give it up for someone else this late in the game.

In actuality, he should have worn it to tribal if he was going to play it. Flaunt it and get it out there in the open that you do have it. Play the "Sorry Jeremiah, you're out of luck" card in the talking part of tribal. Hell, I'd have shown it early in the day and use it to get some votes on your side. Or to at least plant a big seed to get someone to flip. Then give it to Jeremiah right before the votes are read. Yes, I know Tony had his special one, but he would have had to use it and get it flushed. I just think Spencer's use of it wasn't done properly.

I really think Tony has this game in the bag. Spencer was right. He is playing a hell of a game. Making all of the moves when needed. The rest of them don't seem to be doing much, except for following. They may have missed their chance to whack Tony now. Not sure if they were telling the truth, but he does seem to have some votes already if he does make it. Of course we could get a jury like they did in Russell's first season where they were namby pamby babies and didn't reward the best player because they were butthurt and gave it to Natalie, who was so undeserving of the win.
I see Sarah and Morgan voting against Tony. I think the only way he has a chance to lose is if Spencer or Tash get into the finals as well via challenges or getting people to flip. I think Tony will be in the finals because of his idol now. The other two spots are up for grabs, but Woo, Trish, and Kass don't deserve to win.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Very interesting Ponderosa video.
Maybe just as well Jeremy (sic) was voted out. Sounds like he might have ended up as a medical evac. otherwise.

Goooooo Spencer. Or Tash. Either one.

SAV

Original Poster
I'm noticing a trend in this Ponderosa that I have never seen before. In all of the past years, the players who were already at Ponderosa would be waiting at the door as the newly voted out person arrived, there would be hugs all around and it seemed like a very light party mood almost. This one nobody moves from their barstool, no hugs, not much of anything except for a beverage handed to them and a little small talk...very weird. There were the cases that 2 people who hated each other wouldn't talk or something, but the rest would be up greeting them.

I can tell you one thing, Kass isn't going to win the game. Everyone hates her and she screwed up too many of the jury members games.

PUSH

This group of contestants seems like they didn't get to know each other that well. Morgan just sat on the beach the entire time, Sarah wasn't on any alliances long enough to really build relationships (but long enough to break relationships), LJ's alliance is all still in the game. Maybe it's the lack of relationships that has Ponderosa feeling different. Plus, the current jury members all seem to have bland personalities. The only one who I find interesting is Sarah. I think Jeremiah has a good personality, but we didn't get to see much of him in the game due to editing.

PUSH

I don't feel good about Spencer's chances tonight. Unless he wins immunity, I think he's out. I know the previews have Tony considering a flip, but if he sticks with his alliance, he's a lock to win assuming Spencer or Tash don't go on an immunity challenge run (which they very well could - they're the best two out there for challenges).

Also excited for the auction!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom