How many days do you go?

RMichael21

This is somewhat similar to the How many days for you thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-many-days-for-you-part-9.874329/

But instead, share below how many days you usually go to Walt Disney World! Usually, for my family we go for either 7 or 8 days. We split it up like this: (This is for the last trip we took).

Day 1: Epcot
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Day 3: Discovery Cove
Day 4: Sea World
Day 5: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Day 6: Blizzard Beach
Day 7: Disney's Animal Kingdom
Day 8: Magic Kingdom

belledream

We used to go for 6 or 7 days - enough time for 2 days at MK and EPCOT, and 1 for HS and AK. Now we go for 10 by taking advantage of connecting weekends.

We usually plan around EMHs for maximum park time!
This was last year:
Day 1: EPCOT
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Day 3: Animal Kingdom
Day 4: Hollywood Studios
Day 5: Hollywood Studios - park break in the afternoon: Fantasia Gardens, Swan & Dolphin, Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk
Day 6: Magic Kingdom - park break at Wilderness Lodge for dinner
Day 7: EPCOT - F&W
Day 8: EPCOT - F&W
Day 9: Magic Kingdom - MNSSHP
Day 10: Magic Kingdom (was supposed to be Animal Kingdom but we changed our minds last minute)

Upvote 0

tlev

We have taken 2 trips where we have been able to stay 9 nights/10 days, but now since my daughter is in school and involved in extra-curricular activities the trips have been shortened to 6 nights/7 days. This year we were able to schedule 2 trips. One was for 4 nights in March and the other is for 5 nights in Oct. I love longer trips, but it has been awesome to have 2 short trips in a year. I got my Disney fix last month and only have 6 months to do to get my next one!

As for how we spend our days it is decided by EMH and dining reservations. For the last several trips we have visited Animal Kingdom (my DD's favorite) on the last day. We will continue that trend in October.

Upvote 0

Marijil

Usually 8 ...we usually drive so any longer creates problem work wise...I agree you need at least 2 for MK and EPCOT..I also think you need a resort day to chill

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We started out going for 6 days. Then I started pushing it to 8 and 9 day trips. Now with DD a cast member we like to do 2 or 3 long weekend (3,4 or 5) trips a year. Like how we started at 6 days and now 5 days is a long weekend!!! :happy:

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

DH and I really can't take more than a week off of work at a time. So for us it's typically 6-7 days: 2-3 at MK, 1-2 at Epcot, 1 at HS and 1/2 day at AK. The kids are not big enough (or strong enough swimmers) for the water parks, so we haven't tried them yet.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
10 days:

Day 1 - arrive - no parks but usually downtown disney
Day 2 - Mk
Day 3 - EPCOT
Day 4 - Universal IOA
Day 5 - MK/MNSSHP
Day 6 - DHS/AK
Day 7 - DHS/AK
Day 8 - MK/EPCOT
Day 9 - whatever we missed
Day 10 - leave - no parks but usually downtown disney

Upvote 0

SAV

Generally spend 7 days at WDW. Then it is off to the Beach for a 3 days, but this year it's off to Universal for 3 days. The actual days we spend at the parks is dependent upon the crowd calendars, but we do 2 days at MK, Epcot & AK and one day at DHS.

Upvote 0

BOOMitsGeorgia

last time i was there i was only in florida for 7 days, only 2 of them spent in wdw but this year i'm going for 18 days :) me and my best friend said that as its such an expensive holiday (especially coming from uk) that we might as well make it longer than 2 weeks and do everything as well as relaxing :)

Upvote 0

zero creativity

6 nights 7 days. Arrive on Sunday and leave Saturday. Usually DTD after arrival, we drive so it is always a crapshoot on what time we will arrive on check in day. MK the first and last days. We arrange the in between days depending on what we want to do that week, dining, etc.

Upvote 0

71dsp

9 days. Travel early on the 1st day and get to WDW by lunchtime. Leave the last day on the latest flight (around 7pm). So it roughly works out to a little more than 8 full days.

Upvote 0

Rodb

Day 1. Morning at Mk. /night at Hs.
Day 2. Morning at Mk. /night at Epcot
Day 3. Morning at Ak. /night at epcot
Day 4. Morning at Hs. /night at Mk

Able to hit all of the extra hours offered during this 4day stretch

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I like to go 9-10 days by using the 2 weekends as the start and the end. In the summer though I tend to do 2 weeks because it is so hot , we can barely manage 4 hours a day at a park.

If I lived closer I would probably change things around and do several 3-4 day weekends per year and a week at Thanksgiving and a week for Spring Break. But I live 1000 miles and travel is expensive and time consuming so I tend to stretch the days out as long as possible. I am self employed so with a laptop and WiFi and my phone I can work/swim/do the parks/dine and kind of have the best of both worlds a WORKING VACATION!!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

6 nights, 7 days. We arrive on a Wednesday and leave on a Tuesday to get much cheaper airfare.

Day 1- Epcot (always a tradition)
Day 2- MK (always seems to have morning EMH on thursdays so it works perfectly!)
Day 3- DHS or AK
Day 4- AK or DHS
Day 5- MK
Day 6- Epcot/MK
Day 7- Leave :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom