Food and Wine- What's your fave thing?

HouCuseChickie

@Jessica Meier I think the Disney Food Blog still has a lot of the 2013 info available so you can see the pricing for some of the special tastings/presentations.

What I'd like to know is if the drinks are watered down during F&W. My complaint always seems to be that the various mixed drinks in the WS on an avg day are on the weak side, while the drinks from the resort restaurants and lounges seem to be properly potent. i.e. should we spend our $ in Epcot on the food and save the drinks for the resorts?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I cant testify to the watering down part, I know the tequila seems fine, the slushies enjoyable and regardless of strength that the Singapore Sling is the foulest concoction I've put in my mouth. Personally Id sample the delights of the festival and save my wedge by drinking my own mixed drink at the resort, though I guess not everyone is like me and takes a cocktail shaker in their luggage.

karl75

One of my favourite things from last years food and wine festival
1616443_10152167765014241_483715232_n.jpg

alcoholic dole whip. (it was an orange dole whip with white rum):D

horizons82

One thing I will mention is that several weeks (maybe even a month or so) before the start of the Food and Wine Festival, they usually release a list of all of the kiosks and the items that will be on the menu at each of them.

I've always found this useful to make sure I get to try all of the individual items I want to. If it weren't for this, I'd probably end up full half-way around the World Showcase :)

My personal favorites from the F & W are:

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée (Argentina)
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (Mexico...just kidding, Belgium of course!)
“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce (Canada)
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (Canada))
Just about any cheese from anywhere :)
Boeuf Bourguignon (France)
Crème Brûlée au Chocolat au Lait (France)
Warm Chocolate Pudding with Bailey’s® Custard (Ireland)
Taco de Ribeye with Salsa de Chipotle (Mexico)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom