BLT Availablity in October

duemes

Original Poster
We're looking to purchase into DVC (via resale), and I have the opporunity to purchase through SS, but we love BLT - would somoene be able to see if any two bedroom rooms are available on the following days?

October 14th - October 21st
October 21st - October 28th
October 28th - November 4th

THANKS!

slappy magoo

We're looking to purchase into DVC (via resale), and I have the opporunity to purchase through SS, but we love BLT - would somoene be able to see if any two bedroom rooms are available on the following days?

THANKS!
I'm confused. Is your decision to buy Saratoga Springs points on the resale market contingent on whether or not these dates are available at BLT THIS YEAR? Or are you under the impression that DVC works like traditional timeshare in that you get a specific week every year for your vacations and have to trade or rent your week away if you can't go? Or are you looking to rent point for just this year versus purchase the points for the length of time on the deed?

duemes

Original Poster
Sorry for the confusion! We're looking to purchase into DVC through a reseller. They have Saratoga available but we really like BLT. We're looking to go in October, so if our home resort would be Saratoga I was wondering if that weeks above are still available for a 2 bedroom. We aren't looking to rent points, but purchase through a reseller. I'm well aware of how the points and program works just wondering if that weeks is available

GoofGoof

Premium Member

THANKS!
Sorry:(

Lake View:
10/14, 10/20, 10/26, 10/27, 10/28, 11/3
MK view:
10/20, 10/26, 10/28, 10/29, 10/30, 11/3
Standard view:
10/28, 10/29

slappy magoo

Sorry for the confusion! We're looking to purchase into DVC through a reseller. They have Saratoga available but we really like BLT. We're looking to go in October, so if our home resort would be Saratoga I was wondering if that weeks above are still available for a 2 bedroom. We aren't looking to rent points, but purchase through a reseller. I'm well aware of how the points and program works just wondering if that weeks is available
OK, sorry for being confused in the first place. The message just read as if you were saying, if you couldn't use your SS points to get into BLT this October, they weren't worth buying at all. You're past the 7 month window so I would assume pickings would be slim at BLT (which GoofGoof confirms). In this case, are you still thinking about buying the points? You can always book SSR and wait list BLT.

tlev

I am traveling 10/13-10/18. My home resort is SS, but we wanted to stay at BLT. At the 7 month mark I was able to get 10/13-10-16 BLT and 10/16-10/18 AKL. I waitlisted BLT for the last 2 nights and it actually came through this week. This is the 2nd time I've had luck with a waitlist coming through. So there is always a chance even if it's not available today. Good Luck!

tjkraz

I hope you aren't making the SSR purchase contingent on whether or not those specific dates are available for October / November 2014. That's an awful big financial commitment with pretty narrow criteria.

Going forward, I'd say your odds are less than 50/50 of being able to book BLT at 7 months during Food and Wine Fest. Some years you may get lucky and snag a room but it won't be 100% of the time when booking a non-home resort at 7 months. Very popular time with DVC members.

Millionaire2K

As a current SSR member I would suggest you buy at the resort you want to stay at. Every Oct since BLT I have tried to get nights in OCT and failed every year except this year. This year however I still was only able to get 5 nights and not the 9 I wanted.

BUY THE RESORT you want to stay at most.!!

BUY resale to save $$

I am in the process of buying 300 BLT points to highly increase my Oct odds.

GL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom