Need info on Star Wars weekends

RiceCrispyMickey

Hi guys,

We are going to be in WDW between the 1st-10th of June this year and are hoping to hit Hollywood Studios for the Star Wars Weekend on the 7th. I've never been to one before and was just wondering if anyone could shed any light what goes on. I'm not really fussed about getting autographs... What other things are different at the park on a Star Wars Weekend?

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
Ooh thank you that's helped a lot. I think the shows look like they should be fun! We have a first timer with us that day too so want to make sure we experience the classic rides as well as some of the star wars themed things!

Upvote 0

plaz10

I read that they are doing the Fireworks show that was done when Star Tours (1.0?) closed for refurb. Is this confirmed truth? Anyone have dates for this? Would it be every night of the weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday?) or just select nights?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I read that they are doing the Fireworks show that was done when Star Tours (1.0?) closed for refurb. Is this confirmed truth? Anyone have dates for this? Would it be every night of the weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday?) or just select nights?
They will be doing fireworks, but it is unknown if it will be the exact show that was done for the Last Tour to Endor. I am expecting something akin to the show done for the May the 4th be with you event done last year.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I know Mark Hamill is there between the 6th-8th but from what I've read it doesn't look like he's doing autographs.

He'll be a big draw. Also, I read somewhere that this is the same weekend as Gay Days (not affiliated with Disney) so crowd sizes will be larger due to the larger influx of people.

If you haven't already signed up for an ADR for a character breakfast with classic SW characters or a character dinner with Disney characters dressed up AS SW characters, you may be too late. My guess is that all ADRs are taken. I've read that you want to be at the park at RD for "storming of the park" when stormtroopers march on the entrance. I plan due to be there the prior weekend (specifically June 1), so want to see this.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Feel the Force Premium Package now available ($54 adults, $32 children):https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/feel-the-force/

Watch the Star Wars Weekends celebrity motorcade and fireworks from a reserved viewing area with refreshments.

feel-the-force-01.jpg

This Is The Event You’re Looking For
Rocket your Star Wars experience into hyperspace when you buy tickets for the Feel the Force Premium Package. Enjoy a reserved premium viewing area for 2 popular Star Wars Weekendsspectaculars—the Legends of the Force:Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks. During the day, the motorcade viewing area includes beverages and snacks; when the stars come out, the fireworks viewing area features a Star Wars-themed dessert party.

The Feel the Force Premium Package will be with you, always: to remember this very special day in a galaxy far, far away, you’ll receive a special souvenir Disney PhotoPass card that can be used to link your photos to your Disney account—and includes a series of complimentary Star Wars photos.

feel-the-force-02.jpg

Know Before You Go

Please review this important information about the Feel the Force Premium Package.
  • The Feel the Force Premium Package occurs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 16 to June 15, 2014.
  • Price: adults $54, children $32 (per day, tax and gratuity included).
  • Legends of the Force: Star WarsCelebrity Motorcade viewing experience happens from 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon with the motorcade starting at 11:30 AM.
  • Symphony in the Stars fireworks dessert party takes place from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM with the firework shows beginning at approximately 9:30 PM.
  • To check in for this event, please visit Min and Bill's Dockside Dinerstarting at 10:30 AM.
  • Guests will receive a wristband during the motorcade viewing that will allow entry into the evening fireworks dessert party. If you are unable to attend the motorcade viewing, please check in at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner starting at 8:30 PM.
  • Beverages include soda, water, tea and coffee. The fireworks dessert party includes a specialty beverage with an alcoholic option. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
  • Seating is not available.
  • Discounts do not apply.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom