Top 5 Resorts and Why?

DancingPhoenix

1- Grand Floridian, I got to stay there once due to finding a great deal and it was the most amazing hotel experience I have ever had. Then again, I like to be a Disney Princess and that place certainly fits the bill!

2- Coronado Springs, I love that the prices are nicer but the rooms are still super nice. The beds are wonderful and comfy and I love the airy-ness of it all. I've also only ever stayed there when we had a car, otherwise the distance might've been an issue.

3- Wilderness, I live in Minnesota so the theming is pretty ordinary but that resort is impressive. The sheer scale and details are awesome. There is also so much to do there which is great!

4- Yacht/Beach, I've never stayed but would love to. It looks so gorgeous and charming at the same time, and I have heard wonderful things about that pool! Ease of access to Epcot and HS is a major plus as well.

5- POFQ, but specifically the Princess rooms. I love the Princesses, so if I can ever convince my boyfriend to induldge my inner child I need to stay in one of those rooms. As a child I stayed at the Riverside when it was still Dixie Landings and it was okay, but not really my cup of tea :p

zurgandfriend

1. Wilderness Lodge for the theme, and the fact that it's off the beaten path so you have to make an effort to get there.

2.3.4. Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian - location, location, location

5 Yacht Club, I have not stayed there but want to my family however will only stay in the magic Kingdom area otherwise "It's not Disney" so the YC is my holy grail of resorts.

ZodIsGr8

1) Port Orleans Riverside (Most relaxing place I have ever seen)
2) Pop Century (Because it was the first place my family stayed on our first family trip together)
3) Caribbean Beach Resort (stayed there for my honeymoon)
4) Polynesian (Great theme and Monorail)
5)Wilderness Lodge (The ultimate Lincoln Log design)

disneylemons

1 Poly - location and theme. Plus the "mood music" everywhere you go! Good restaurants and pool bar too..:)
2 Wilderness Lodge - Theme - especially beautiful at Christmas. Just so relaxing and comforting. Also good restaurants and bar! We like riding the boats too..:)
3 Contemp/Bay Lake Tower - location - love the monorail coming right through the resort! Love Chef Mickey's!
4 Boardwalk - beautiful! Rooms are gorgeous and roomy. Walk to Epcot.
5.Cabins at Fort Wilderness - stayed there when one of the kids was a toddler so had room to roam around. We are the out doorsy type so again the theme.

surfsupdon

1. Yacht Club: location, lack of young children, quietness, elegance, deep rich interior, airy outside, awesome restaurants, great pool, amazing lake views from rooms

2. BoardWalk Inn: see above, and add an incredible Club Level

3. Caribbean Beach: bright, tropical, festive, fun, all things I think of when I think of Florida

What more do you need??! I have also stayed at Beach Club, Dolphin, Swan, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, AKL, Dixie Landings, and Pop, but would not rank them. They each had failures which were annoying, so I cannot rank them as "the best." Sure they are very nice, but all pale in comparison to my experiences to the above three.

PUSH

I've only stayed in 2, so I'll judge based on that and the ones I would like to stay in.

1 - POR (have stayed) - It's a beautiful resort with good rooms and a good food court. Very peaceful and great landscaping.

2 - Beach Club - Walked through this on my last trip and loved it. The beach looked great, and the ambiance was beautiful. I also like the proximity to Epcot. We walked to Epcot from here on our last trip and I never realized how quick it was!

3 - Wilderness Lodge - I just like the ambiance, and I think I'd like to stay there. Also the proximity to MK is nice.

4- Bay Lake Tower - Proximity to MK is great, and the views on the upper floor facing MK would be awesome.

5 - Boardwalk - Proximity to Epcot and DHS, along with the entertainment, etc.

PartOfYourWorld

1. Boardwalk Inn-hands down has ALWAYS been my favorite resort. I finally was able to stay there for our wedding/honeymoon. It is the first resort that I stayed at with my husband since that was our first trip together. The memories of waking up on my wedding day at the Boardwalk and getting ready to walk down to Sea Breeze Point just takes the cake in my book (I am even tearing up as I write this thinking about it). The rooms are so bright and cheery, being in such close proximity to EPCOT and MGM, being able to take the friendship boats, and just walking right out onto the Boardwalk with a view of the Yacht and Beach Club is AMAZING. Before I had the privilege of staying there, I fell in love instantly whenever I would go by it.

2. The Polynesian-Stayed here for the first time in February for a long weekend. To me this resort just screams Disney all over the place. The grounds, smells, sounds are all part of an immersive experience here. Being a stone's throw away from the Magic Kingdom and the Grand Floridian and the beautiful beaches around the resort, it just takes your breath away. The room was so spacious and beautiful. I loved everything about staying here (just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!)

3-Port Orleans Riverside & Port Orleans French Quarter-Have stayed at both on trips with my mom @LuvsTheMouse. My mom and I have had such great memories staying at these two resorts, seeing Yeehaa Bob and taking a lot of boat rides over to Downtown Disney (Disney boats are our favorites!) that these are the particular reasons why these two resorts (yes I know I lumped them together) make my top 5 list. The grounds at both these resorts are just so magical and beautiful you can't help but love them!

4. Wilderness Lodge-Stayed here for the first time in September 2013. The lobby of this resort is just breathtaking. Being able to take a boat over to the Magic Kingdom is the best (see I told you I like Disney boats!!) and the grounds it's a totally different experience than the other resorts. At times to me it felt like we were in a cabin in the woods (well a fancy one! haha)

5-POP-Seems like I'm going against the norm here since I haven't seen a value listed I don't think. I've stayed here many many times and the thing I love most is the HUGE icons from the years in front of each buildings. Full of color and nostalgia everywhere! It's great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom