'Ohana Cutbacks?

We go there almost every trip, but i think we'll skip it in august. Agree that chicken is a pretty basic offering and also often a kid's favorite. Weird decision !? Hope it's not permanent.:(

lunchbox1175

For all the wing lovers like me....

'Ohana Honey Coriander Chicken Wings
5 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil

For the wing seasoning
:
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

For the coriander wing sauce
:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
Mix wing seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and using a whisk.
Put the chicken and 2 tablespoons of wing seasoning in a large bowl. Add enough oil to coat the chicken evenly and mix well.
Spread the seasoned chicken in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Place all wing sauce ingredients in a large saute pan, and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until thickened.
Transfer the cooked wings into the sauce and serve.

Enjoy! :D

lunchbox1175

True- very true. I think I feel less guilt over it if everyone else is starting to stuff their faces with the next round when I get their approval to relinquish all dumplings. :D
I too love the dumplings....the loss of the chicken on the skewer wouldn't matter to me, as I pretty much don't eat any of the skewered meats, I pretty much just eat the wings, noodles, dumplings, bread.....and desert :D

disney4life2008

Does anyone even think to consider perhaps it's only temporary? Maybe some of the chicken they received was tainted, bad, etc...

LOL If you beleive that apparently you are not familiar with disney. ohana is booked solid nearly evernight and I am sure if a food change is temporary the website menu will not be updated.

disney4life2008

If you go to the grocery store and see how much boneless chicken cost, I can see why. Its crazy...unless you buy from Costco lol.

This is a good point. I bought a single package of wing sections yesterday and it was $5 (for 8 wings). I do not understand why its so expensive when wing sections used to be the cheapest part. Ground beef has even went up to $5 or more a pound. Do not get me started on grapes.

disney4life2008

"IF" Ohana dumps potstickers, shrimp, wings -my business will no longer be received there. This is the only TS resturant that I can say the expensive price is worth it. Cut any of those and it becomes a waste of money.

Phonedave

This is a good point. I bought a single package of wing sections yesterday and it was $5 (for 8 wings). I do not understand why its so expensive when wing sections used to be the cheapest part. Ground beef has even went up to $5 or more a pound. Do not get me started on grapes.

All meat has gone up, but beef especially due to previous drought conditions.

Limes are also insane - supposedly due to poor growing conditions and drug cartel activity in the lime producing areas of Mexico. It is really hurting margarita time and gin and tonic time in this house.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom