Dcl transport to port question

kasey1988

Original Poster
we are staying at the akl before our cruise and at pofq following the cruise and I was wondering:
-what time can we expect to be picked up at akl on the morning or the cruise? I am trying to decide what time to book our breakfast at boma!

-what time can we expect the shuttle busses to leave the ship and head back to pofq?

-when I booked online the only option for airport-port transportation, I'm assuming there is no isses to call dcl and let them know we won't be at the airport, but rather disney?
Thanks!

Disneyfalcon

Usually Disney transfers pick you up between 11:30 and 12:30.
They leave all morning when you get off the cruise. They'll start between 7:30 and 8 and leave every time a bus fills up.
That's correct! Just call and let them know which resort! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yep. Just call and tell them which resort. Also, when you check in, you may want to ask where the DCL queuing area is. The night before departure, you will have an instruction packet with your voucher paperwork and some other items left on your bed in your room. They will ask that you attach your DCL luggage tags to any items you wish to have checked through the ship instead of carry on. You will then place your bags next to your front door (inside the room) and a bellhop will come get them in the morning. No particular time for this that I know of, but on my cruise she showed up about 7a.

Caught me just as I was getting out of the shower!

The morning of our cruise I did an 8:30a breakfast at Chef Mickey. Our bus left around 10:30. It worked fine.

As far as the return trip, the shuttles will be running as soon as the boat starts unloading. Mears had the large busses, but they don't depart until the bus is full. They also had smaller shuttles (vans), and those were leaving faster, so you may want to go that route.

I'll also note, if you are doing DME from Orlando Airport to Disneyworld, this may cause some confusion when you go to check in to DME, as they'll expect your AKL stay to result in a return DME trip to MCO. Just inform them what you are doing, and you'll be fine.

Overall, i found the whole experience painless.

fltink

we are staying at the akl before our cruise and at pofq following the cruise and I was wondering:
-what time can we expect to be picked up at akl on the morning or the cruise? I am trying to decide what time to book our breakfast at boma!

-what time can we expect the shuttle busses to leave the ship and head back to pofq?

-when I booked online the only option for airport-port transportation, I'm assuming there is no isses to call dcl and let them know we won't be at the airport, but rather disney?
Thanks!

Unless there's been a recent change, resort pick ups start at 10am. You will find out the day before your embarkation day what time your assigned pick up is, but I always used to tell people to assume you'd get the earliest one, just to be sure. It never seemed to fail that the people that were hoping for the latest pick up got the earliest, and vice versa :eek:)

Disneyfalcon

Unless there's been a recent change, resort pick ups start at 10am. You will find out the day before your embarkation day what time your assigned pick up is, but I always used to tell people to assume you'd get the earliest one, just to be sure. It never seemed to fail that the people that were hoping for the latest pick up got the earliest, and vice versa :eek:)

It's actually been 11:30 to 12:30 for years. It's possible they could need to pick up somewhere as early as 11, which is why they confirm pick up times at the resort, but 11:30-12:30 is the norm.

fltink

It's actually been 11:30 to 12:30 for years. It's possible they could need to pick up somewhere as early as 11, which is why they confirm pick up times at the resort, but 11:30-12:30 is the norm.

You had me questioning my sanity there! (Which, lets face it, isn't entirely in tact these days!) I swore that back in the day when I wore my lovely blue DCL blazer, I frequently had to have my guests at the bus at 11, and sometimes earlier. I checked with my old supervisor and the current, regularly scheduled pick ups start at 11am and the last is 1pm. (I'm not entirely crazy, though, because we DID do some earlier 10am pick ups back when I was there, I believe due to the port undergoing the major renovation, but they have not needed to use those early pick up times recently.) There is sometimes a bit of a pattern as to who gets the earliest and who gets the latest, but not always. They go based on how many guests are at each resort, and how to best maximize the bus space. And of course, guests need to plan on being to the designated meeting location 15-30 minutes early, since it was not unheard of for the bus to show up early. I once had a guest who had "gone back to her room to get something she left behind", thinking she had 15 minutes to spare. Turns out she had gone to use the restroom and when her husband called her to let her know the bus was early and the rest of the guests were waiting for her, the poor thing came racing out of the lobby restroom with her face bright red.

Of course, I am sure, that you, like myself, like to be at the port as early as possible! The sooner you're there, the sooner you check in. The sooner you check in, the sooner you board. The sooner you board, the sooner that magic can begin!!!!

Have any of you done Alaska? What did you think??? Should we do Alaska or the Med this year?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom