How are Anna & Elsa affecting Rapunzel M&G waits?

PARichards

Original Poster
Are Rapunzel waits looking any shorter/better with the Frozen invasion? Just curious if there'd be a shift away from other popular M&Gs as guests pay homage to the Wonders of Arandelle...

erins3204

We went on 4/20, the first day of Elsa & Anna. We had FP+ for Elsa & Anna and were in and out in 10 - 15 minutes. We then waited for Rapunzel & Cinderella. The wait time posted was 40 minutes, but I think we were there longer, maybe close to an hour. At the time Elsa & Anna were posted at 180 minutes, down from 230 minutes. So I don't think much has changed really.

PARichards

Original Poster
Slightly off topic: are they rotating who visits Rapunzel or is it Cindy now all the time? I was hoping for a Rapunzel/Snow White visit, since we'll be seeing Cindy et Tremains at 1900PF dinner...

Weather_Lady

Slightly off topic: are they rotating who visits Rapunzel or is it Cindy now all the time? I was hoping for a Rapunzel/Snow White visit, since we'll be seeing Cindy et Tremains at 1900PF dinner...

It's advertised as "Rapunzel and Cinderella," not simply Rapunzel and a "Visiting Princess," so it's all Cindy, all the time!

Weather_Lady

Not sure, I guess it would almost have to reduce the Rapunzel waits. We have FP+s for both in less than 40 days :)

I think you'll want both of those FP+! Instead of diminishing Rapunzel wait times, I think A&E have actually increased them a little (possibly from an overflow crowd that shows up for A&E, realizes the wait is insane, and visits Rapunzel/Cinderella instead as a "consolation prize").

An hour or so ago, the wait times were something like 70 for Rapunzel/Cinderella and 260 for Anna/Elsa, which does make Rapunzel/Cinderella look like a "reasonable" wait by comparison. ;) EDIT: I just checked again, and Rapunzel/Cinderella are currently at 65 minutes with Anna/Elsa at 280 minutes. Sheesh!

(For comparison, I checked some days in early April, before A&E came to PFTH, with the same crowd level as today, and typically, Rapunzel was peaking at no more than 60 minutes. Based on this [admittedly unscientific] comparison, I'd say Rapunzel wait times have increased slightly, by an average of 5-10 minutes, since A&E came to town.

Last edited:

PARichards

Original Poster
I think you'll want both of those FP+! Instead of diminishing Rapunzel wait times, I think A&E have actually increased them a little (possibly from an overflow crowd that shows up for A&E, realizes the wait is insane, and visits Rapunzel/Cinderella instead as a "consolation prize").

An hour or so ago, the wait times were something like 70 for Rapunzel/Cinderella and 260 for Anna/Elsa, which does make Rapunzel/Cinderella look like a "reasonable" wait by comparison. ;) EDIT: I just checked again, and Rapunzel/Cinderella are currently at 65 minutes with Anna/Elsa at 280 minutes. Sheesh!

(For comparison, I checked some days in early April, before A&E came to PFTH, with the same crowd level as today, and typically, Rapunzel was peaking at no more than 60 minutes. Based on this [admittedly unscientific] comparison, I'd say Rapunzel wait times have increased slightly, by an average of 5-10 minutes, since A&E came to town.

Oh boy. Making FP+ selections is going to be SOOOO difficult! Is the only place to meet SW in Germnay/Epcot now?

Weather_Lady

Oh boy. Making FP+ selections is going to be SOOOO difficult! Is the only place to meet SW in Germnay/Epcot now?

According to the Disney website, yes, but anecdotal reports (and Kenny the Pirate) say that you can also find her in the Magic Kingdom, in the Town Square (next to City Hall).

PARichards

Original Poster
According to the Disney website, yes, but anecdotal reports (and Kenny the Pirate) say that you can also find her in the Magic Kingdom, in the Town Square (next to City Hall).

That's reassuring!

We'll be there in the September, and were hoping to cross off a lot of M&Gs by attending character meals- currently we're booked at Tusker House, Chef Mickey's (which I'm trying to convince DH to drop for Crystal Palace), and 1900 Park Fare. With four girls, each getting to pick one character M&G, we had things narrowed down to A/E; Rapunzel, Snow White (which I was thinking we could do together- boo! :( ), Belle and Ariel. Oh well. I am going to stay positive that everyone's "musts" will be fulfilled, esp since most of the girls aren't all enough/have a desire to ride the "big rides" giving us extra time to explore and enjoy everything else :)

Weather_Lady

That's reassuring!

We'll be there in the September, and were hoping to cross off a lot of M&Gs by attending character meals- currently we're booked at Tusker House, Chef Mickey's (which I'm trying to convince DH to drop for Crystal Palace), and 1900 Park Fare. With four girls, each getting to pick one character M&G, we had things narrowed down to A/E; Rapunzel, Snow White (which I was thinking we could do together- boo! :( ), Belle and Ariel. Oh well. I am going to stay positive that everyone's "musts" will be fulfilled, esp since most of the girls aren't all enough/have a desire to ride the "big rides" giving us extra time to explore and enjoy everything else :)

I should be no problem! Make FP+ reservations or use rope drop arrivals (or morning EMH) to do Rapunzel, A&E, and Enchanted Tales With Belle. Snow White and Ariel are less of a high priority and will be easier to visit at other times of day.

If you wanted a "two-fer" (or even a three-fer), consider a breakfast at Akershus in Epcot (or a meal at Cinderella's Royal Table). Snow White, Belle and Ariel are among the princesses that appear at those venues regularly.

PARichards

Original Poster
I should be no problem! Make FP+ reservations or use rope drop arrivals (or morning EMH) to do Rapunzel, A&E, and Enchanted Tales With Belle. Snow White and Ariel are less of a high priority and will be easier to visit at other times of day.

If you wanted a "two-fer" (or even a three-fer), consider a breakfast at Akershus in Epcot (or a meal at Cinderella's Royal Table). Snow White, Belle and Ariel are among the princesses that appear at those venues regularly.

I was lobbying for Akershus breakfast over 1900PF dinner but got outvoted. Thanks for the RD/FP+ advice! When we can afford another trip (in 2.5 decades) I'll plan everything on my own first and then get everyone excited about my plans- ha!

We'll only have one MK day at RD, so that has me a little worried about the things we may not see/do because we'll otherwise be arriving at 11am or later.

The first MK day is the one I'm pushing to start at CP before park opening. Would an 8:15 ADR (already reserved, but may cancel if other plans don't change) give us enough time to get to A&E, Merida, Ariel or wherever we decide to start by 9am? Not having been there before, it's difficult knowing what kind of leg up we'll have on those waiting at the entrance.

MK day 2 is also the start of MNSSHP, and staying for that is definitely not in the budget, so we'll be at the park from around 11am-close (7pm). Day 2 is also the only day we'll be there for the afternoon parade, so don't even know how everything will work- although crowd calendars are averaging a 2 that day, maybe because of the early closing?

Last day at MK we'll hopping from Epcot at sometime in the afternoon. Maybe. That's dinner at PF day, too, so it's already super full.

PolynesianPrincess

I was lobbying for Akershus breakfast over 1900PF dinner but got outvoted. Thanks for the RD/FP+ advice! When we can afford another trip (in 2.5 decades) I'll plan everything on my own first and then get everyone excited about my plans- ha!

We'll only have one MK day at RD, so that has me a little worried about the things we may not see/do because we'll otherwise be arriving at 11am or later.

The first MK day is the one I'm pushing to start at CP before park opening. Would an 8:15 ADR (already reserved, but may cancel if other plans don't change) give us enough time to get to A&E, Merida, Ariel or wherever we decide to start by 9am? Not having been there before, it's difficult knowing what kind of leg up we'll have on those waiting at the entrance.

MK day 2 is also the start of MNSSHP, and staying for that is definitely not in the budget, so we'll be at the park from around 11am-close (7pm). Day 2 is also the only day we'll be there for the afternoon parade, so don't even know how everything will work- although crowd calendars are averaging a 2 that day, maybe because of the early closing?

Last day at MK we'll hopping from Epcot at sometime in the afternoon. Maybe. That's dinner at PF day, too, so it's already super full.

If you eat breakfast quickly, you might be able to make it for rope drop and get ahead of the crowds. They usually say allow at least an hour for a character meal so all the characters can get to your table.

Last year we went to MK on a day they had MNSSHP and the park was empty. To give you a rough idea how empty it was, it was a hot day out and we walked onto Splash Mountain at 1pm. Any other day and it would easily have been an hour wait or longer. We didn't stop until they told us what row to go to. I think days when they have MNSSHP are the best days to visit, as long as there will be another night you can see the fireworks / parades, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom