New Film for Soarin' and Potential 3rd Theater

WDWDad13

I wouldn't quite say that...we still have a lot that needs to be addressed and we haven't even begun to discuss what having one of the major two E-tickets at Epcot down for 4-6 months.

It's certainly good news though. Very good news.

well... is the rumor about the 3rd theater true? If not maybe they could just do 1 theater at a time leaving one side open while working on the other? I don't know

WDWDad13

Nah. More like Easter.

Christmas is when SSE is finished, Energy is updated, the Wonders building and Odyssey are reused, imagination is fixed, Circle of Life is updated, Seas gets a decent budget, RoE is plussed, Showcase becomes a showcase again and the plaza / spine has a coherent rebuild.

ahhhhh so close.... you forgot removing the tombstones at the front of the park ....but we have some nice parting gifts for you backstage :)

DocMcHulk

Nah. More like Easter.

Christmas is when SSE is finished, Energy is updated, the Wonders building and Odyssey are reused, imagination is fixed, Circle of Life is updated, Seas gets a decent budget, RoE is plussed, Showcase becomes a showcase again and the plaza / spine has a coherent rebuild.
we%2527re+not+worthy.png

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Nah. More like Easter.

I think we will see the second coming of Christ or the Aliens will land before we see all of that, but hey, we gotta keep hope alive!

Astro Blaster

Actually, it is the other choice...none. It will be done very early in the morning. I don't want to give away the exact date but let's just say it is scheduled for the first week of May.
Yep I was in Disneyland last month when they did the Soarin' filming (although they didn't say that's what it was), and it took place very early in the morning. It actually cancelled out the early EMH for the day.

aladdin2007

Nah. More like Easter.

More like Thanksgiving, there would be so much to be thankful for. Thats a big fantasy Christmas though, if only at least one of those would happen it would be like Christmas Eve at least. :)

Rob562

I wouldn't quite say that...we still have a lot that needs to be addressed and we haven't even begun to discuss what having one of the major two E-tickets at Epcot down for 4-6 months.

It's certainly good news though. Very good news.

If it's a theater retrofit, they could theoretically do them one at a time and only halve the ride capacity. Sure, it would still be a problem for crowds and it would spread the work out longer, but a half-capacity attraction for 8 months might not be as bad as having a zero-capacity attraction for 4 months...

Though now that I think about it, imagine the crowds when they finish the first theater and start showing the new film while the second theater is closed for its refit. Yikes. Maybe they should just close it down entirely.

-Rob

KLinder7

Agreed. You have decent light this time of year by 7:00 AM making a shot with no one in it quite easy. Even if they don't do an early morning flyover, Lucasfilm can make sure that the only thing that will be on the mean streets of WDW is exactly what they want to be on them.

Didn't know Lucasfilm films the video for this. Very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom