Get the best dining agent when booking over the phone!

DisneyDiningAgent

Original Poster
A tip on when to call to get your best shot at getting a great dining agent:

Dining agents get graded on their performance. There are many factors that go in to the grade, but the ones most relevant are: 1) Guest satisfaction survey and 2) Reservations per hour. The agents that score the highest in those two categories get to "preselect" their hours posted for work a week at a time. Disney Dining is open 7:00am-11:00pm EST and the top agents get their choice of hours before anyone else can post their hours. The most coveted hours are between 7:00am until 10:00am or 11:00am. Those hours are usually gobbled up by the top agents at "preselect" time and everyone else gets to fight for the scraps later. So very few of the lesser agents are working during that time. This isn't necessarily true during our peak times, but as an overall statement if you call between 7:00am-10:00am your chances of getting a top quality agent are very good.

I'm sharing this information for two reasons: 1) I want the guests to get the best experience possible and 2) I want guests to understand how important the survey is that I offer after our call is over. I know it takes a while to take the survey, but if guests don't take the survey then there is no way to reward good agents and punish bad ones.

I know that many of you (especially travel agents) call DD all time, so let me give you a tip about the survey: on all questions choosing option #1 is excellent, going all the way down to option #5, which is the worst. The survey covers many different aspects of the call, including the automated system, Disney itself and the agent. ONLY QUESTION NUMBER FIVE counts in the grading of an agent. If you were to take the survey and rate EVERY QUESTION a "5" (the worst), but on question number five you rate that a "1" (the best) then the agent will receive a good score on the call. This is important to know because as agents we get rated poorly for many factors beyond our control. For example, the system goes down occasionally and guests get upset about that. They take their frustration out on the survey and don't think about Question #5, which states "How helpful was the agent?" They then give a "5" on that question, which wasn't fair because the system being down is beyond the agent's control (and BTW, when the system goes down Disney doesn't tell us when it will come back up, it just happens at some point).

As guests you need to understand that we want to help you and do a great job for you. It makes us feel good and our job depends on doing a good job. Please be supportive and take the survey so our best agents can be rewarded and so the lesser agents are exposed and weeded out. And when taking that survey remember that we will do everything in our power to help you, but that sometimes we can only do so much. ANYTHING below a "1" score for an agent on question #5 reflects negatively on the agent. If you score a "2" for the agent it might as well be a "5".

G8rchamps

I have been very lucky when calling and have done well with any agent I spoke with. Some are more magical than others, but I have always at least rated my call as efficient. I am a sales/service person myself and to date have scored all 1's on my surveys. Hey - its not the agents fault I tried to get bipity bopity on 3 weeks notice....she was pleasant, offered other ideas, and it was an efficient call.

LucyK

Thanks for the tip. When May 13th arrives the agent who gets my call will probably fill their quota of reservations per hour with my reservations alone, I have over 20 to make!

Goofnut1980

I always give the highest possible because I always am treated like a queen... I mean king.. ha... The guest relation agents when calling into central reservations are always fantastic to deal with. Much better than these terrible web-based programs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom