BOG / 180 day window open?

JohnD

Original Poster
As someone looking to get us much out of his seasonal pass this past year as possible, I've been so busy planning recent trips (one just completed earlier this month and another one 5/31-6/3), that I've completely overlooked needing exactly 180 days out to get an ADR for BOG. (I know, start playing the violin).

It appears that 180 days from now, October 19, is already booked. I'd like to go back that time of the year anyway for MNSSHP and F&W Festival. I know this has been asked over and over but what at what time does the 180 day out request start? Midnight? For example, to get a BOG ADR for 10/20, do I just wait until the stroke of midnight and start trying?

JohnD

Original Poster
So, I got on this morning. Right at 6:00 a.m., I clicked "Find Table". It churned and burned and BOG showed up for 9:30 pm on 10/20. I clicked the wrong link. Just like that it was gone and nothing else available. So within the span of the first few seconds, all ADRs were snatched up for 10/20 like that. I knew that BOG was hard to come by but now I've experience first hand what you must do to Be a Guest at Be our Guest. I'll try again tomorrow.

Weather_Lady

So, I got on this morning. Right at 6:00 a.m., I clicked "Find Table". It churned and burned and BOG showed up for 9:30 pm on 10/20. I clicked the wrong link. Just like that it was gone and nothing else available. So within the span of the first few seconds, all ADRs were snatched up for 10/20 like that. I knew that BOG was hard to come by but now I've experience first hand what you must do to Be a Guest at Be our Guest. I'll try again tomorrow.

Yup - just keep trying! You never know when someone will cancel. If worse comes to worst and you're staying onsite, keep an eye out for the lunch FP+ to open up, around a month or so (give or take a couple of weeks) before you arrive. https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

JohnD

Original Poster
Yup - just keep trying! You never know when someone will cancel. If worse comes to worst and you're staying onsite, keep an eye out for the lunch FP+ to open up, around a month or so (give or take a couple of weeks) before you arrive. https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

I settled for 'Ohana. I know. Tough call. ;) BTW, I was already invited to BOG Lunch. I'm back again 5/31-6/3. So I have a BOG lunch FP+ on 5/31.

JohnD

Original Poster
I managed to get BoG at 185 days out. Got Ohana too at a decent hour.

You must have called. Because the website is very strict. Even this morning, while 10/20 showed up, I kept getting a message before 6:00 a.m. that reservations couldn't be accepted. As soon as 6:00 a.m. hit, off it went.

JohnD

Original Poster
I booked my vacation at 155 days so no BOG for me. I keep checking with my fingers crossed. :(

I haven't specifically booked a vacation in October yet. I just decided that the week of October 19 works for me. I'm a Florida Resident so can be there within a short period. I'm going to hold off booking a resort until fall discounts are released.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
You must have called. Because the website is very strict. Even this morning, while 10/20 showed up, I kept getting a message before 6:00 a.m. that reservations couldn't be accepted. As soon as 6:00 a.m. hit, off it went.

Nope i was online at 5am central time on the 17th and was able to book dining from 10/14-10/23. Got everything I wanted, at the time I wanted by 5:15am

JohnD

Original Poster
Nope i was online at 5am central time on the 17th and was able to book dining from 10/14-10/23. Got everything I wanted, at the time I wanted by 5:15am

Are you given an expanded window if already booked at resort? Right now MDE is very strict and doesn't allow anything beyond 10/20, which is 180 days out from today. My guess is your 180 days opens up on the first day of your reservation and is then extended all the way to check out. Am I right?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven't specifically booked a vacation in October yet. I just decided that the week of October 19 works for me. I'm a Florida Resident so can be there within a short period. I'm going to hold off booking a resort until fall discounts are released.
Here is what I would do...

Book a room only at a value for your travel dates. It will cost you a deposit equal to 1 nights stay. This will open up the dining system to allow you to book past your 180 day mark until the end of your say (up to 10 days). You have up to 5 days prior to arrival to cancel your room reservation without penalty.

JohnD

Original Poster
Here is what I would do...

Book a room only at a value for your travel dates. It will cost you a deposit equal to 1 nights stay. This will open up the dining system to allow you to book past your 180 day mark until the end of your say (up to 10 days). You have up to 5 days prior to arrival to cancel your room reservation without penalty.

Good idea. And you answered my other question. Thanks.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Are you given an expanded window if already booked at resort? Right now MDE is very strict and doesn't allow anything beyond 10/20, which is 180 days out from today. My guess is your 180 days opens up on the first day of your reservation and is then extended all the way to check out. Am I right?

Yes. I have a "dummy" reservation (paid the $200 deposit) in the system for my trip. My BFF is a AP holder and we're waiting for discounts and/or free dining but in order to do 180+10 you have to a have reservation on file. That's how I was able to do 180+10

JohnD

Original Poster
Yes. I have a "dummy" reservation (paid the $200 deposit) in the system for my trip. My BFF is a AP holder and we're waiting for discounts and/or free dining but in order to do 180+10 you have to a have reservation on file. That's how I was able to do 180+10

Got it. I'll make a value reservation in short order.

Arty Cordova

Not sure if this is still happening but I had the same issue you did. However, at the 90 day mark, an entire wing of the restaurant opened and reserations were available for about two days. So I would try that.

Cendure

I would keep trying for BOG on the date you want. We had no luck at 180 days so booked an alternate restaurant, but a couple of days later, a spot opened up at BOG so we took that and cancelled the alternate. With people having to use a credit card guarantee now, they will cancel a reservation rather than be a no show.

JohnD

Original Poster

I must be crazy. Just made a reservation for Pop Century ($108/night). Check-in Sunday 10/19. Check out Friday 10/24. Deposit of $121.50. So, like you, I'll wait for discounts but that gives me the 180 + 10 days in making ADRs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I must be crazy. Just made a reservation for Pop Century ($108/night). Check-in Sunday 10/19. Check out Friday 10/24. Deposit of $121.50. So, like you, I'll wait for discounts but that gives me the 180 + 10 days in making ADRs.
With that check in date, you can start making dining reservations for your entire trip right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom