Pre-Trip The I can't think of a creative title for my trip report, trip report!

Hey everyone! :happy: I've been lurking on this board, perusing everyone's trip reports for a while. We are down to a little over four weeks away for our Disney World family vacation. Below is the list of cast members going:

Elliott - "The Hubs"
Deb - Me!
Emmanuel - Age 19
Hayley - Age 12
Evan - Age 4

The Hubs and I have been there before, but it's been lots and lots of years. This will be the first trip for the kids and we are really, really excited (and this is a severe understatement)!!!!

When we initially priced our trip, we instantly looked at the value resorts. We loved the idea of staying on site, etc. After calculating everything, we found it would be more affordable for us to stay off site. It didn't take long for us to find a nice little villa in Lindfield Reserves. The place is really nice (especially compared to the one I am sitting in right now). o_O

Our trip is April 30th thru May 7th. We will be flying out of New Castle, Delaware via Frontier Airlines. We scored really cheap airfare through this little airport. With that said, it will be dangerously tempting to fly to Florida more often than we can afford. :greedy:

Oh and guess what???? I went to turn on my digital camera today to take a pic and the darn thing wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into the charger and nothing! Either the battery is suddenly no good or the camera itself is a goner.

With that said...I'm not taking any chances of this happening on our trip, so a new camera is getting purchased asap.

I look forward to writing this report and everyone sharing their feedback with us! If anyone has ever stayed in Lindfield Reserves, I would love to hear about your experience.

I will be checking in here and there as we get closer to our departure! Till then..........;)

DiSnEyF@n

24 days to go....

Well, today is my birthday! The last year that I will be in my 30's! This birthday will come and go with nothing too exciting to do. I want to save every penny we have for Disney! Oh...and of course...replacing my broken camera! :greedy:

I can't wait to get my new one so I can show you pics of the matching shirts that I got for me and my husband. I was surprised he agreed to wear it! They are really cute. The kids all have shirts with different patterned Mickey or Minnie heads on them with their name under them in the Disney script. Now my hubby and I will sort of blend in with them. :p

So....since we are staying off site, we will be eating outside the parks quite a bit. Any suggestions on good spots? We are probably going to track down Bojangles. We have our T-Rex restaurant reservations. Maybe Steak & Shake????

Staring at our luggage at this point is torture!!!! :confused: Come on April 30th...get here already!!!

Only 2 weeks left!!! I am excited for you!!! Please do a Trip Report when you get back! Would love to hear about it and see pics from your vacation!

DiSnEyF@n

Guess what??????????????????????????? I just found out that Disney is letting off site guests book their FP+ selections once they hit the 30 day out mark to their trip! Woooohoooo!!! This just made my day! The thought of getting through at rope drop just to stand at a kiosk was frustrating, so this solves that problem! ;)

I started to make choices and thought....hold up Deb...wait for tonight when you the hubs are home together. It's killing me though. I'm obsessed with doing things involving this trip. Forums, youtube videos, tidying up loose ends. Talking about it, daydreaming about it.

April 30th....come on already!!!! :arghh:

Do you get the bands, too??? I am having a hard time figuring out how to get mine.... You have any experience with this??? Thanks :)

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Only 2 weeks left!!! I am excited for you!!! Please do a Trip Report when you get back! Would love to hear about it and see pics from your vacation!

I promise I will do a report! I just pray that everything goes well and we really enjoy ourselves. I can't wait to share everything when I get back. It should be interesting being able to share my view on staying in a villa off site. Everytime I've been to disney in the past we stayed in Ft. Wilderness. We'll see how it goes.... :happy:

Do you get the bands, too??? I am having a hard time figuring out how to get mine.... You have any experience with this??? Thanks :)

We do not get the bands since we are staying off sight. We purchased our park passes already though and have linked them to our My Disney Experience account. We also have a dining reservation through My Disney Experience. I think this is why they let us do our FP+ reservations already.

From what I understand (thanks to the articles posted on these boards) the stores in Disney are now selling Magic Bands. If we wanted to, we could purchase them at one of the stores and have our passes switched over onto the bands. We've decided not to take that option. We have one day each in three of the Disney parks and it just isn't worth spending the extra money for us....especially since our FP+ options are already chosen. If we were spending more days there I might consider it.

Are you staying on site or off?

DiSnEyF@n

I promise I will do a report! I just pray that everything goes well and we really enjoy ourselves. I can't wait to share everything when I get back. It should be interesting being able to share my view on staying in a villa off site. Everytime I've been to disney in the past we stayed in Ft. Wilderness. We'll see how it goes.... :happy:

We do not get the bands since we are staying off sight. We purchased our park passes already though and have linked them to our My Disney Experience account. We also have a dining reservation through My Disney Experience. I think this is why they let us do our FP+ reservations already.

From what I understand (thanks to the articles posted on these boards) the stores in Disney are now selling Magic Bands. If we wanted to, we could purchase them at one of the stores and have our passes switched over onto the bands. We've decided not to take that option. We have one day each in three of the Disney parks and it just isn't worth spending the extra money for us....especially since our FP+ options are already chosen. If we were spending more days there I might consider it.

We are staying at the Dolphin (which is owned and operated by Starwood hotels and is not a genuine Disney hotel), but we still get all the perks like Disney transportation and whatnot... I am wondering if we can get the bands (somehow I am thinking no, but I will look into it).... The hotel is on the Disney website, so we will see. How much are each band and do you know if I can purchase them in advance????? thanks for your help :)

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
We are staying at the Dolphin (which is owned and operated by Starwood hotels and is not a genuine Disney hotel), but we still get all the perks like Disney transportation and whatnot... I am wondering if we can get the bands (somehow I am thinking no, but I will look into it).... The hotel is on the Disney website, so we will see. How much are each band and do you know if I can purchase them in advance????? thanks for your help :)

The below link to a recent article answers all of your questions. You won't get a magic band, but can purchase one for $12.95. You will be able to make advanced FP+ reservations. If you check out the article it will answer some of your questions. Hope this helps!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ance-fastpass-reservations-from-next-week.htm

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
12 days to go.....

Seven of those days are work days. It seems like the closer we get to leaving, the busier I get at work. It's not just the fact that I'm trying not to have loose ends....it's the fact that I have had some really strange, large and/or different projects thrown my way.

My kids started their spring break today so they are down to just 2 school days before we leave. Lucky ducks! :depressed:

I still have to get my daughter a pair of sneakers. I need a pair of sunglasses. Everything else is just done. Now we just wait and wait and wait. THIS IS KILLING ME! :facepalm:

Next week is my last full week at work. Then I work Monday and Tuesday of the following week...you know those are going to d-r-a-g, drag!!!!!

Well....it will give WDW plenty of time to get their plush Olafs in stock....cuz me wants one! :D

FlaggNL

I know...can you believe it? :happy: I remember when we had months and now it's just days. It is truly excruciating. My kids only have three days of school left from now until we leave since they have Spring Break and then our vacation. So jealous!

For some reason...my new stress is worrying if somebody is going to get sick when it's time to go. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I can believe it..... Lol! We passed the 180 days mark yesterday so a half year for us now! So the kidz have their Spring break and holiday now ;) my girl is just three weeks away of her exams! So the fingers are crossed here aldo! No sickness during exam period ;) So lets say that we cross fingers extea so no sickness at all on both sides of the ocean for the next couple of weeks ;) lol!

FlaggNL

We will be in the world for 6 days and considering hopper tickets.... And in that case we are purchasing the magicbands as soon as we get there along with first time visit buttons for Ria and Sacha ;)

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Yeah I can believe it..... Lol! We passed the 180 days mark yesterday so a half year for us now! So the kidz have their Spring break and holiday now ;) my girl is just three weeks away of her exams! So the fingers are crossed here aldo! No sickness during exam period ;) So lets say that we cross fingers extea so no sickness at all on both sides of the ocean for the next couple of weeks ;) lol!

Fingers crossed for sure!!! So far so good! Best of luck to her for her exams!!! :)

We will be in the world for 6 days and considering hopper tickets.... And in that case we are purchasing the magicbands as soon as we get there along with first time visit buttons for Ria and Sacha ;)

Yes, in that case I definitely would. It will be much more convenient. We are doing the first time visit buttons for the kids too!

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
9 days to go.........

:D :D :D :D :D

Single digits folks!!! We are down to single digits! I have seven days of work left and I think they are going to be the most excruciating! My mind is everywhere but there right now. :rolleyes:

So....we have changed our itinerary around and it seems that the changes will work better in our interest. Our new itinerary is:

Thursday - Epcot
Friday - Hollywood Studios
Saturday - House Day
Sunday - Typhoon Lagoon
Monday - Universal Studios
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom

I hate the thought of waiting all the way until the last day of our trip to go the MK, but I think it will be better that day for us. ;)

This weekend, my husband purchased some clothes and I got myself a pair of blingy sunglasses. We are getting down to the nitty gritty and we are anxious to hop this plane!!! :joyfull:

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Aaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 1 week to go................

A week from now we will be in the air, on the plane heading to Orlando. In fact, we will 20 minutes away from landing! Oh I just can't wait!!!

Work has been rough and my hubs has been working alot of overtime so that the check that hits the bank while we are there is an even bigger one. Isn't he sweet? :inlove:

I'm sorry this is such a boring pre-trip report. :bookworm: All you do is keep hearing me whine about how we can't wait to leave! I promise to take lots of pics, etc.

Fingers are crossed that we get the opportunity to ride the 7DMT. :happy:

This weekend will be busy with trying to get all of the laundry done and packed, because I work Monday and Tuesday and won't have the opportunity. :confused:

Till next post.....have a magical day!!!!!!!!!!!

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
3 days of work left....whoop, whoop!

This weekend I have to ensure the house is clean, all laundry done, all clothes "mostly" unwrinkled, folded and packed. Grocery store trip to stock up on cat food for the crazy cats. :cat: Litter box cleaned. So much to do, but all for a good reason. :happy:

Tuesday I can do online check-in for our flight. I'm contemplating checking our bag online. It would save us $5 and be one less thing to do at the airport. I've never done that before, so I'm not sure how it saves much time if they still are going to weigh your bag and tag it, etc. Anywhooooooo............

My lil guy is getting really excited too. I was trying to tell him who Figment is this morning. Purple dragon, figment of yoru imagination, yadda yadda yadda. All he says back to me in return is "purple dragon?". o_O

When will Wednesday be here???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :arghh:

mrdrift

You are so funny, I don't call this whinning at all. This is the typical trip routine for all of us as we get closer to our departure time. Have a great trip with the family and please share some of your wonderful moments with us.

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
I can at least introduce you to a few folks going on this vacation.

This is me....except now I am a brunette. Not surprisingly...I don't have any pics of me as a brunette because I hate having my picture taken. I've been a brunette since the first week of December!

Deb Pic.jpg

............and.......here are the two youngest kiddos that are coming along. My daughter Hayley (12..almost 13) and her lil brother Evan (4)!

Evan&Hayley Pumpkin Patch.jpg

The only two folks you haven't met yet are my hubs and my stepson. My hubs also isn't the biggest fan of having his picture taken and more importantly...hates having his pics online. For now...since I enjoy being married I'll leave his pic off (but you will see him later...I promise!). ;)

FlaggNL

Wow it is getting closer andcliser for you and the family ;) and your pretrip is not whinning at all!! It is great and makes me feel with you day by day ;) enjoy the final pretrip moments and have a great magical and Disneyfull stay in the greatest world in the world!! And....... Fingers still are crossed;)

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Whew......just finished ironing and packing two suitcases worth of clothes. I know they will get a little wrinkled again, but just wanted to run over them. :hungover:

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to do mine and my daughter's nails with some kind of "decal" designs. I hope it's not too difficult to do. We shall see.....o_O

Evan is starting to get really excited. We just happened to drive by the airport today and his dad told him that is where we are leaving from. He said, "Dat's not Disney Word!". :rolleyes: Just in "Evan" style...he always leaves the "L" out of the word "World".

We watched the weather forecast and we are supposed to have pretty heavy rain from Tuesday night all the way through Thursday, which translates into "it will most likely be raining when we take off Wednesday morning".

As long as there is sun and palm trees when we arrive in Florida...that's all that matters!

Thanks for following along goes....the excitement is intensifying and we are down to:

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
2 days to go......................

This weekend was super busy as expected. Lots of laundry, ironing, packing and list checking. I was on my feet all day and just now am sitting down for a bit.

In the middle of all of this, I did my nails as well as my daughters. What do you think?

IMG_0008.JPG

They are nail wraps from Jamberry Nails. Palm trees with an ombre background. It took a while...it is not as quick as just polishing them, but I think they are cute. I also did my toes too, except for on my toes...I just did my big toe and the rest are a solid colored mint polish. Whew!

Soooooo, I paid a visit to my nearest Dollar Tree store for a few last minute goodies. I picked up some glow bracelets and glow necklaces for the kids. I also grabbed some gum for the plane. Guess what else I got, unexpectedly I might add???!!!????

I was going to make the kids their Disney Autograph books myself, instead of buying three pricey ones from WDW. Well today in Dollar Tree, they had little spiral bound Disney Journals with 3-D covers. I picked up: Mickey, Disney Princesses and Spider Man. They're perfect! I meant to take a pic of them before they got put away, but they got put in the suitecase already.

Guess what else?????????????? They only had one left, but it was a Mickey Mouse glow wand! How perfect is that??????????????? That is going to my lil prince...the older two will have to get over it. :cautious:

I wanted to check in real quick. I can't wait to be able to fill this in with more pics. I also hope I figure out how to work this camera right......REALLY HOPE. Some of my pics are coming out blurry no matter how I adjust the settings. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom