A History of Parades

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
So, over the past few years as my site has been developing a following, I've been surveying the "fans" to see what they'd like me to add next. Overwhelmingly, the answer has been extinct parades. I figure, give the people what they want right? So, I've been working on prepping to add a history of the Magic Kingdom parades to start. Let me just say... WOW... though I knew that there have been daily parades since the park opened, my brain didn't associate that with just how many there have truly been!!

So now dear WDW Magic friends, I need your help! I know I'm missing the earliest parades and searches just aren't helping me. So many of you are a wealth of knowledge on these subjects and I'd love to pick your brains!

Plain and simple... what am I missing? :)

http://extinctdisney.com/MK/mkparades.htm

For now this is literally just a list. Once I get it in order, the fun begins as I start my research and begin writing up the stories of each parade, collecting pictures and finding videos... the best part of my "job" as webmaster! :D

Thanks everyone as always! I love the team effort this repository of history has become!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Wow! I totally expected to log back in today and have to catch up on people correcting me and filling in the blanks! LOL! :D

vonpluto

Here's what I have:

Daily Main Street Parades

10/71 – 12/71 Character Parade
1972 Pooh for President
1974 -75 Character Cavalcades
6/75 - 9/76 America On Parade (Song “The Glorius Fourth by the Sherman Brothers)
9/76 -6/77 Mickey Mouse Club Parade
11/78 - ? Mickey Mouse 50th Birthday Parade
2/79 - 12/79 Dumbo’s Circus Parade
1/80 – 6/80 Pinocchio Parade
7/80 – 9/81
10/81 - 9/82 Tencennial Parade
10/82 - 5/84 Mickey Mouse Character Parade
5/84 - 12/84 Donald Duck 50th Birthday Parade
1/85 - 11/86 Mickey’s Street Party
11/86 - 9/87 15th Birthday Parade
9/87 - 11/88 All America Parade (Constitution Bi Centennial Parade)
11/88 - 11/89 Mickeys All America Birthday Parade
11/89 - 9/91 Disney Character Hit Parade (Sing Along Parade)
9/91 - 6/94 Surprise Celebration Parade
6/94 -10/96 Mickey Mania
10/96 - 1/98 Remember the Magic Parade
2/98 - 9/01 Disneys Magical Moments Parade (Same parade, new name)
10/01 - 8/06 Share A Dream Come True Parade
8/06 – 1/09 Dreams Come True Parade
1/09 – 1/14 Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade
3/14 - Festival of Fantasy

:)

vonpluto

Bonus! Studios:

Gala Premiere Parade “Parade of the Stars”
Hollywood Motorcade ? - ?
Dinosaurs Live 9/91 - 8/92
Macys New York Christmas 1992 - 93
Aladdins Royal Caravan 12/92 - 8/95
Toy Story Parade 8/95? - 6/97
Hercules Zero to Hero Victory Parade 6/97 - 6/98
Mulan 6/98 - 3/01
Disney Stars and Motor Cars 10/01 - 2/08
Hollywood Holly-Day Parade 2004 - 07
Block Party Bash 3/08 – 1/11
Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun! 1/11 -4/13
Disney Channel Rocks! 10/10 -4/13

:);)

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
You know... @vonpluto I had a feeling if anyone responded it'd be you! Thanks so much! After I get the MK list done I'll be doing Epcot and then MGM/DHS so great thinking ahead my friend! LOL

vonpluto

You know... @vonpluto I had a feeling if anyone responded it'd be you! Thanks so much! After I get the MK list done I'll be doing Epcot and then MGM/DHS so great thinking ahead my friend! LOL

EPCOT is fairly simple:
Tapestry of Nations Parade 10/1/99 - 10/01
Tapestry of Dreams Parade 10/01 - ?/03

There was another, Festival of Nations Parade around WS Lagoon(1982), but according to the Lost EPCOT website it never moved beyond the planning stages.

vonpluto

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Awesome guys thank you so much! Sorry I've not been on for awhile, it's been nutty... so I'm just now seeing this! :)

You might consider the one time Inaugural Bands Parade, May 27, 1985. Hosted by WDW when the weather in DC postponed the actual parade.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...ee-the-presidents-inaugural-bands-parade.aspx

I actually have that one on the Epcot page. :)

Here is the 1972 parade restored Super8 film: https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/re...agic-kingdom-parade-restored-in-hd-home-movie

1975 is coming in the next few days...
I've linked to your site for that one! Thank you! :D

wdwms

This is #4 in our series of restored home movies. From July 20, 1975 comes the Magic Kingdom Parade - Spirit of America. This was shot in Frontierland and shows that the parade was going opposite the normal parade route for that day. Not sure how often that was done... We are having this film scanned and will be updating it with a cleaner restoration once that is complete. The color on this film was pretty bad, it took a lot effort to get it where it is today. Enjoy!

Video here:
https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/re...t-of-america-parade-restored-in-hd-home-movie

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
This is #4 in our series of restored home movies. From July 20, 1975 comes the Magic Kingdom Parade - Spirit of America. This was shot in Frontierland and shows that the parade was going opposite the normal parade route for that day. Not sure how often that was done... We are having this film scanned and will be updating it with a cleaner restoration once that is complete. The color on this film was pretty bad, it took a lot effort to get it where it is today. Enjoy!

Video here:
https://www.retrodisneyworld.com/re...t-of-america-parade-restored-in-hd-home-movie
Awesome! Thank you so very much for sharing this with me. I'll link over to it for that parade as well! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom