How many magic bands are they going to give me?

barnett

Original Poster
Let start by saying I realize how lucky I am but... In Nov 13 I ordered my first magic band. Went in Jan 14 and there was another waiting for me at the hotel. Going in a few weeks and my profile says that I will have yet another waiting for me. Shouldn't the first one be tied to my AP? What am I doing wrong? And is there a way to recycle the things? I hate to keep wasting them.

cw1982

Yeah, there have been threads where people have shown pictures of their MDE profiles where they have 5 or 6 bands per person in their group, and there were (I think) three or four people in the group! They just about had two of every color between them... it was crazy.

stalkingmickey

I have two set from a split stay in sept 2013, another set from our jan 2014 trip (oh and another set they gave us in Jan because they were not sure the ones we got in mail would work), just got my AP pass ones and I am sure there will be another set mailed to me for my upcoming sept 2014 stay. so I am up to five sets now!!!

RonAnnArbor

I currently have 9 Magic Bands going as far back as last summer -- every trip they send another one and there is no way to actually stop that. You can use ANY of the bands, as long as you have not deactivated them. All they have in them is a number that is tied to your account. Its the same number lifelong, just issued on a computer chip in a new band. You can bring all your bands with you and swap out colors every day if you want to -- I use Yellow to go with my Michigan gear....Orange to go with my Tigers wear...Blue to go with my favorite WDW polo...etc...I keep one of each color active, and deactivate all the rest and put them on my desk at work...

docdebbi

got 35 in total for my group that i took last december- there were 6 of us. not a split stay. their computer just kept spittin' em out. no reason! and then had more waiting for us at check in- but they were gray

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

Someone on a different forum said that Disney made an announcement about future magic bands. Apparently, once your in the computer for receiving a magic band on a previous trip, if you want a different band, they will now charge you for it. They will only give out one for free.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Someone on a different forum said that Disney made an announcement about future magic bands. Apparently, once your in the computer for receiving a magic band on a previous trip, if you want a different band, they will now charge you for it. They will only give out one for free.
I have 5 bands now so I hope they get this sorted sooner rather than later. What a waste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom