What did you do?

JillC LI

3.5 miles on TM this morning at an average of 9:25 pace. Ankle on which I had surgery years ago was kinda sore before I started for no apparent reason. Nothing awful but enough to make me put on an ankle support sleeve. Still sore now. Hopefully it will go away quickly.

I just read an interesting article on the Runners World site about how when Ryan Hall realized he was not going to win Boston, he changed his strategy to stay slower and lull the faster racers into a false sense of security so they wouldn't try to catch Meb until it was too late. He wanted to help his American teammate win when he realized it wouldn't be his own day. I like that.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3.5 miles on TM this morning at an average of 9:25 pace. Ankle on which I had surgery years ago was kinda sore before I started for no apparent reason. Nothing awful but enough to make me put on an ankle support sleeve. Still sore now. Hopefully it will go away quickly.

I just read an interesting article on the Runners World site about how when Ryan Hall realized he was not going to win Boston, he changed his strategy to stay slower and lull the faster racers into a false sense of security so they wouldn't try to catch Meb until it was too late. He wanted to help his American teammate win when he realized it wouldn't be his own day. I like that.
Wow. Talk about taking one for the team and race strategy.

bethram

Nice time on the hills. Do you have any races you are currently training for?
The next race I know we are doing isn't until Memorial Day weekend. It's a local 5k that's pretty hilly and I feel it is a small enough race that I should at least place in my age group. Last year I got first place in the women's masters division, so I feel the need to defend my title and there was another lady hot on my heals. So....

There are a couple other 5ks that we could run, but I don't know that we will. I just need to get my pace back down after all the long distances this winter.

JillC LI

Today's exercise will consist of lots of walking at the annual Arbor Day Festival at a nearby arboretum where I am a supporting member. It is a tradition for us to make it a special mommy-daughter day. Tree climbing, face painting, caricatures, petting zoo, picnic lunch, and lots of pictures in all our favorite places amongst the beautiful blooming Spring flowers. I can't wait to leave! Thank goodness the rain stopped.

atrus79

Ran 3.61 miles this morning ... pace of 9:43. A bit slower than my normal 9 minute miles, but since I haven't full out run since my half almost 2 weeks ago (only fast walks/slow runs) it's to be expected. Perfect morning to run ... low 60's and blue skies. Now that I'm back on the wagon, looking forward to rebounding on Monday.

JillC LI

Third place Masters is exciting @Texas84! Congrats.

Hope the back is ok tomorrow Kristi.

Had an amazing time at the Arbor Day Festival with my daughter today! Rode a unicycle!

Last edited:

bethram

I didn't run today, but I spent last night/this morning with my daughter and her girl scout troop at a lock-in at an indoor rock climbing facility. I belayed and climbed both last night and this morning. It was a lot of fun but not a lot of sleep, I'm surprised that I'm not sore yet!

Texas84

ran my second country music Marathon & half marathon for st. jude , much better weather this year! , means I was able to do a lot. better! ... in pace.. - ran it in 2:02:30 .. full report coming soon , and next year im running as a st jude hero ... since it will be my third year.

Nice. Have you beat the magic 2-hour mark yet? That's my goal for next year.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5k this morning. Just took one short break in there. The speed is finally coming along, and I can get in the groove pretty quickly. My lovely wife put in over 20 miles last week, so she's outpacing me at the moment. :)

LindsayLoves

12 easy miles on Saturday and 5 easy miles today, having only or two hard days a week is sometimes tough for me to handle I feel like I am not doing enough to train. I constantly have to tell myself to trust the program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom