Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYwdwfan

No place else in the house is messy, and the room is really only messy when I'm feeling stressed out about something, like school.

I clean when I am stressed. And I would notice TINY things to fixate on that needed to be cleaned as a way of procrastinating. Guess that explains my quiz answer. In the "real" world none of those photos would actually BOTHER me. But if I'm looking at a photo it's a bit irksome - more like - why on EARTH would anyone do that??!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
@JenniferS how long has milk been sold in bags in Canada? Perhaps because I've only seen milk in either cartons or bottles, I find this oddly fascinating! The bags don't seem like they would be as durable. However, I guess the bags have worked out just fine, or they'd stop using them up there.

Yet, are the bags somewhat cumbersome to use? i'm just trying to figure out how a non-rigid container with a gallon of milk sloshing around inside, would be easy to pour, without it spilling all over the place. (Note: I'm clumsy at times, and I don't think milk bags would be a good option for me. Maybe it's a skill that only Canadians can master?!)
I found this pretty helpful to answer similar questions:

trr1

wednesday620.png

Soarin' Over Pgh

And now here is a quiz for you @JenniferS ... http://www.buzzfeed.com/ailbhemalone/how-angry-are-you How many of these pictures bother you?

The floor tile ones are the worst. I hate using a bathroom with odd floor tiles, it ticks me off. I almost want to complain about it.

Needless to say,

You checked off 48 out of 54 on this list!
  1. You’re pretty zen, aren’t you? Well done: You are a very calm human being.
  2. You have things that le at you, but a couple of deep breaths manage to help get you through it. Congrats!
  3. You are such a perfectionist that everything subpar irritates you. If it were up to you, the world would be a calm and ordered place.

1. And sorry, I'm still 9 pages behind. But trying to catch up!

Lucky

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm on 1994, so I'm slowly catching up...

LIKES FOR EVERYONE

@Soarin' Over Pgh Open only if you want to see who won FaceOff.

Rashaad

Didn't watch it yet, not clicking it!

Yep. I still remember a conversation that my mother and one of my second cousins had at a Thanksgiving many years ago after he had moved out on his own. He squeezed that toothpaste tube, and everything else he had to pay for, 'til his fingers hurt.
Perspective. What a concept. :)

I'm on an indefinite spending freeze. My living situation is becoming more unbearable by the day, I've got to figure out a way of living by myself without a roomie and being able to afford it. Till then, no more new toothpaste even though I hate the one I have, no more new clothes, no more new shoes. Grocery bill being reduced as much as humanly possible; I'm also skipping meals in an effort to reduce spending further.

Circling back to your statement, yes, what a concept indeed. I remember my Mom saying "just wait until YOU have to pay for laundry detergent, you'll understand" and she was absolutely right. I measure it to the line indicated and not a drop over to maximize the bottle.

If only there were a time machine to take me back, I'd stop myself from doing really stupid things, like my college education that has done nothing for my 'career' but add to my current misery of student loan repayment with an unforgiving, uncaring company that doesn't care how high my rent and bills are.

Uggh.

Ok, back to playing catch up and liking every post.... whether I actually like it or not ;)

Goofyernmost

I started out a hard-, and then life, and circumstances, and caring for dying parents, etc. just beat me down.

I can live without rent. I want peace, sanity, and "coffee" in the living room whenever I feel like it.
Someone once told me the definition of Conservative. A conservative is a liberal that had the crap knocked out of him by life.

No, it's weird.

Well, just about everything in this thraed is.
I resemble that remark.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS how long has milk been sold in bags in Canada? Perhaps because I've only seen milk in either cartons or bottles, I find this oddly fascinating! The bags don't seem like they would be as durable. However, I guess the bags have worked out just fine, or they'd stop using them up there.

Yet, are the bags somewhat cumbersome to use? i'm just trying to figure out how a non-rigid container with a gallon of milk sloshing around inside, would be easy to pour, without it spilling all over the place. (Note: I'm clumsy at times, and I don't think milk bags would be a good option for me. Maybe it's a skill that only Canadians can master?!)
I am 46. I can remember them as far back as when I was 10.
The bags go into a plastic pitcher.
image.jpg

Because each bag is only 1/3 of a gallon, they are much lighter to lift than a big plastic gallon jug. It is much easier to pour an ounce or two of milk into a tea cup this way, that's for sure.

We have two plastic pitchers in our fridge. The white one is for 1% milk, for drinking, cereal, etc. The green one holds the 2% milk, for tea. My kids are now almost 18 and 19, and we've had these two pitchers for as long as they can remember. I wash them by hand or throw them in the dishwasher every week or so.

meyeet

I remember a trip with my cousin to his relative's house on an island in some lakes in Canada where I was introduced to powdered milk. I wasn't a big milk drinker as a teenager anyway but powdered milk was just yuuckk! I thought is was just a Canadian thing but as an adult now I've seen that they sell powdered milk in the stores here in the US too.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I remember a trip with my cousin to his relative's house on an island in some lakes in Canada where I was introduced to powdered milk. I wasn't a big milk drinker as a teenager anyway but powdered milk was just yuuckk! I thought is was just a Canadian thing but as an adult now I've seen that they sell powdered milk in the stores here in the US too.
Powdered milk is nasty. Everyone up here gave it a try in the late 70's, during the energy crisis that saw prices of just about everything skyrocket.

My mom used to mix it 50/50 with real milk. Thankfully, that didn't last long.
Hubby's family of 9 used powdered milk for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom