Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

TinkerBelle8878

I just read that. Wow, how disappointing.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
2014-04-20-7536.jpg
That is scary for so many reasons. 1- Looks like some mutated science experiment of a manasaur. 2- This isn't a child-friendly dino like a triceratops or brontosaurus and looks like its about to make a meal of the two children in the picture in front of it. 3- Anyone else immediately thinking of Jurassic Park and Newman?

Was it too much to hope for the Henson's 90s 'Dinosaurs' making a reappearance?

RSoxNo1

It'd be a GREAT horror film -- ride stops, doors close, the singing gets louder and Louder and LOUDER while. mysteriously, the dolls starting getting more articulated....
When Ricky Brigante had forums on his site he was planning to have the voice over guy come in and read listener created trailers for attraction inspired movies. The best one was about it's a small world:

Black screen: "It's a world of laughter"
(Flash to children laughing)
Black Screen: "It's a world of tears"
(Flash to children crying)
Black Screen: "It's a world of hope"
(Flash back to it's a small world animatronics)
Black Screen: "It's a world of fears"
(Cuts to same animatronic turning head to screen and raising a knife...)

SoupBone

I would hope so. I have heard a few small issues beyond this with the addition, although there is absolutely no doubt that this will be the highest caliber product to yet grace O-Town (maybe you can compare EPCOT 1982-83 as a whole with this).

I just am telling what I know ... and I find it beyond amusing that the UNI fanbois can't handle criticism any better than their Disney counterparts. And this is largely minor criticisms ... although I'd really prefer to not walk off Gringotts with a headache because UNI decided to listen to the kids.

And the bottom line, much like with many of Disney's MM+ issues, the noise problem with Gringotts was something that should have been figured out before construction ever began. Not now.

Well, even if during the design, these flaws weren't caught, they should have never gotten past the testing phase. It sounds like (pun intended) someone either ignored the problem or the ride was never tested while fully operational. Honestly, it's hard to imagine either of these scenarios though.

One other thing, if the attraction is as loud as people are claiming in this thread, OSHA could potentially get involved due to the noise levels affecting workers.

CDavid

I just read that. Wow, how disappointing.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
2014-04-20-7536.jpg

This...is...pitiful. An utterly and completely pathetic effort (I use the word "effort" loosely). I honestly would expect a more realistic dinosaur from some roadside carnivals.

Indeed, a cursory search of Youtube reveals far more convincing dinosaurs with performers completely costumed within the dino.

lazyboy97o

Well, even if during the design, these flaws weren't caught, they should have never gotten past the testing phase. It sounds like (pun intended) someone either ignored the problem or the ride was never tested while fully operational. Honestly, it's hard to imagine either of these scenarios though.

One other thing, if the attraction is as loud as people are claiming in this thread, OSHA could potentially get involved due to the noise levels affecting workers.
If Intamin really is involved with the ride system, the problem is whoever trusted them to deliver. They haven't had the best track record in the new department these past few years.

FigmentJedi

What the actual hell?

I don't even know what to think about this. Of all the endless possibilities at Disney's disposal, they choose this.

What is the need for creating a film based on this?

Disney better not have a big budget on in because Disney would need to create Box Office Bomb: The Ride for DHS.

Apparently they tossed around the idea back in the 70s

Via JimHillMedia: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2003/09/30/153.aspx

Imagine (that) it's the day afternoon tomorrow, with the constantly escalating tensions of the world raised to fever pitch. (When) even the smallest spark can start a fire. And then it does.

The spark's name is Aleksei, the nine-year-old son of the Russian Consul General in Paris. Full of curiosity and the stories that he's heard about the "evil" Chinese, the boy ventures across the boulevard and over the fence to the Consulate of Communist China -- where he is caught by Chinese security guards who take him into custody. When the Russians learn of Aleksai's capture and detention, they demand his immediate release and, naturally, are refused. The rankled tempers become a shouting match of spying and kidnapping accusations.

And -- when the story of Aleksai hits the media -- millions of people hear (about) it. (And resulting media firestorm brings Red China and the U.S.S.R. to the very brink of war.)

Suddenly the "Aleksai Affair" is an urgent matter for the United Nations. However, it quickly becomes clear that -- while there may be calmer heads here -- (there is fuel being thrown) on the fire. There are people (in the world) who would like to see a conflagration for their own profit. Particularly Alexander Bashillian, the despotic ruler of a small nation in a backwater of the world that only has one major industry -- munitions.

Into this desperate situation walks a most unlikely group of heroes: the students of the United Nations school, a special educational facility for the children of U.N. Ambassadors. They're a small group of kids of different races, from different countries and ethnic backgrounds that -- (when they're) forced together, have found that they can get along just fine.

These kids are young enough to think that the world should do as they do. But what can the children of the U.N. Ambassadors do keep the world from blowing apart?

Disappear.

When they do, in a faked mass kidnapping plot hatched by the son of the U.N. Ambassador from Iceland and the daughter of the U.S. Ambassador, the "Aleksai Affair" is instantly old news. Forgetton by everyone ... except for Bashillian, the munitions despot.

Alexander tries to stir the fires (of war) by casting blame for the crime on one -- or both -- of the nations entangled in the original affair. When that fails, Bashillian sends his agents to join the thousands already on the hunt. But with a dark goal in mind: to find & kill the children of the U.N. Ambassadors. With the hope of making a bad situation worse.

But the United Nations' children have other plans. Not just to stop Bashillian and his evil agents. But to stop the world as well. To bring our planet back from the brink of disaster.

Calvin Coolidge

All I know is if they're looking for rides to base a movie on, and they go to "it's a small world" before, say, Jungle Cruise or BTMRR, they have some seriously strange ideas. Of course, they are probably pretty hesitant to make another western after Lone Ranger, and I understand how much trouble they've had with a Jungle Cruise script. Maybe that should be a sign to not turn theme park attractions into movies...

(Now, I recognize that there's a big gap between considering a movie and making a movie)

stevehousse

All I know is if they're looking for rides to base a movie on, and they go to "it's a small world" before, say, Jungle Cruise or BTMRR, they have some seriously strange ideas. Of course, they are probably pretty hesitant to make another western after Lone Ranger, and I understand how much trouble they've had with a Jungle Cruise script. Maybe that should be a sign to not turn theme park attractions into movies...

(Now, I recognize that there's a big gap between considering a movie and making a movie)
I haven't heard anything too recently about it, but they are suppose to be making a big thunder mountain tv show that is suppose to air next fall 2014 / spring 2015...

WildcatDen

You think nations become economically unstable because of its citizens? lol
Nope and I hope I did not infer that. Just speaking up for the integrity of the majority who work in the Defense Industry.

But seriously, the best money saving tip I had from my trip earlier this month is to bring along the liquid flavoring stuff and just ask for cups of water at the counter service places. We saved $10 or more every meal by not getting soda. The flavorings paid for themselves after one meal. We like the Crystal Light and Hawaiian Punch.

RSoxNo1

Nope and I hope I did not infer that. Just speaking up for the integrity of the majority who work in the Defense Industry.

But seriously, the best money saving tip I had from my trip earlier this month is to bring along the liquid flavoring stuff and just ask for cups of water at the counter service places. We saved $10 or more every meal by not getting soda. The flavorings paid for themselves after one meal. We like the Crystal Light and Hawaiian Punch.
Doesn't Disney kick you out of the park when you crash through the walls causing them to have to repair the masonry work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom