What did you do?

bethram

So the good news is that I ran 11.25 miles today at a nice pace as prep for my Half in two weeks.

The bad news is that I tripped while reading my Garmin over 4 miles from home, flew through the air, and landed hard on my palms and hip on the cement. Nothing broken but pretty bruised with a bloody palm that burned like h*ll for the rest of the run home. Tried to think of what Nick tolerates on his runs instead of the pain.

Nice route @LindsayLoves.
That stinks! I hope you heal quickly!

Mr mom

good to see the training going well folks, I am healing slowly but I am healing and that is the good bit. Patella is firmed up in place, acl still burns a bit but takes a fair bit to get it to that point and over half the swelling is gone on the meniscul injury. I can almost walk like a normal human being. The best new though is that I leave for florida in 3 days. I had hoped to try some of the Disney running areas but I guess that will have to be another trip.

JillC LI

good to see the training going well folks, I am healing slowly but I am healing and that is the good bit. Patella is firmed up in place, acl still burns a bit but takes a fair bit to get it to that point and over half the swelling is gone on the meniscul injury. I can almost walk like a normal human being. The best new though is that I leave for florida in 3 days. I had hoped to try some of the Disney running areas but I guess that will have to be another trip.

Glad to hear you are improving. Have amazing trip!

fmingo36

Coryna, did you get there in time to see Meb win? Love the pics you posted on FB.

Didn't get to see Meb. We got to Mile 24 right after the elite runners passed. (The T was crazy!) We stayed there for about an hour just cheering the runners on; handing out twizzlers, and giving high-5s! I have to say, I was very proud of my girls-they were very excited for the runners and really showed their support and concern for everyone running.
From there we walked that 2.2 miles to the finish line. The weather was beautiful-maybe a tad warm for the runners but fantastic for the spectators. Somehow we ended up at the spot of the bombing exactly at the time the bombs went off last year. The race announce asked everyone for a moment of silence and the whole street got quiet (it was a little eerie with thousands of people not making a sound) and then the announcer asked everyone to cheer as loud as they could for the runners, the event, and the city and the crowd just erupted in noise. It was amazing and I'm so happy I was there for that moment.

After that we walked to the Boston Public Gardens(where I got married)/Boston Commons (which happen to be the family/friends meeting area) and there were finishers everywhere. It was so cool seeing everyone with their medals. It was extremely emotional. We made sure to congratulate everyone we saw with a medal! We asked two gentleman if we could take a picture of them with their medals and my girls. These guys took off their medal and put them on my girls so we could take a picture. VERY COOl! (see attachment)

Attachments

• medals.jpg
    medals.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 26

JillC LI

The race announcer asked everyone for a moment of silence and the whole street got quiet (it was a little eerie with thousands of people not making a sound) and then the announcer asked everyone to cheer as loud as they could for the runners, the event, and the city and the crowd just erupted in noise. It was amazing and I'm so happy I was there for that moment.

Pretty incredible moment. So glad you could be there for the whole event. Great pics. I watched the recap on TV last night. So happy for Meb. A little sad for Shalane because she wanted it so badly, but she did PR; the other ladies just did better so hats off to them as well.

fmingo36

Pretty incredible moment. So glad you could be there for the whole event. Great pics. I watched the recap on TV last night. So happy for Meb. A little sad for Shalane because she wanted it so badly, but she did PR; the other ladies just did better so hats off to them as well.

I surprised with the PRs because I thought the weather was warm for runners.

LindsayLoves

Yesterday 5 miles easy home from work.

Today was track Tuesday - 8x400 @1:40 with warm up and cool down. My first trip to the actual track to run 400s in months, paces were faster than I planned, I was aiming for 1:45 but I had a hard time slowing myself down.

Tomorrow 3 easy miles and then core and arms.

Pulled the trigger on Dopey 2015 earlier today, I feel the Hal Higdon plan I am currently doing for my half with all these days in a row of running will really help me out when it comes to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom