Help choosing new point&shoot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
OK good stuff. So how shall we work this? Do you all want to contribute and we'll combine them all up into each category for camera?

NowInc

OK good stuff. So how shall we work this? Do you all want to contribute and we'll combine them all up into each category for camera?

I'm guessing into catagories of P&S,DSLR, and Lens/Fitlers/Accessories (tripods etc), or does that seem too broad?

I guess giving a list of what gear we each have/have used could come in handy deciding as well:

Nikon D3100
Nikon D7100 (have used a D7000)
Nikkor 35mm 1.8
Rokion 8mm Fisheye
Tokina 11-16 f2.8
MeFOTO Roadtrip
Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW
Loewpro Flipside 400 AW

Also..and I think few here would oppose, you should make yourself an Amazon affiliate so you can link to the items in each section via amazon and hey..if someone clicks and buys it..it will add to the sites revenue.

thomas998

I'm suggesting the admin make it a sticky

Considering that most people seem to be interested in a camera that can do fireworks and dark rides (as that seems to be the thing they all are worried about when they ask which camera to buy) maybe the sticky should just be "photographing dark rides or fireworks" Maybe then people that are wanting to ask which camera would be more likely to read it since it would be focused on what they are actually wanting to do.

fractal

I think most of the inquries fall into a few categories...

*Those that want to upgrade from a P&S/phone to a "better" camera. ( what's the next step) This seems like "bridge" camera focus.

*Those that have a decent "bridge" camera but want a interchangable lens or "system" camera - largely to take better fireworks/dark ride photos.

*Those that have a low-mid range DSLR but are sick off lugging it around on vacation and inquire about mirrorless/compact camera systems.

ddbowdoin

I think most of the inquries fall into a few categories...

*Those that want to upgrade from a P&S/phone to a "better" camera. ( what's the next step) This seems like "bridge" camera focus.

*Those that have a decent "bridge" camera but want a interchangable lens or "system" camera - largely to take better fireworks/dark ride photos.

*Those that have a low-mid range DSLR but are sick off lugging it around on vacation and inquire about mirrorless/compact camera systems.

I usually stop reading at : I'd love to shoot Wishes and Pirates, my budget is 250 bucks.

whoiscliffwang

Under each category, list what is required to obtain the shot, and some tips on how to shoot said category.

I also think that a technique sticky would also benefit the readers, maybe some seasoned photographers on here can offer tips on what works out well for them. There certainly is enough talent in this community.

Categories :

Dark rides
- Gear Required :
- Settings:
- Tips:

Fireworks
- Gear Required :
- Settings:
- Tips:

etc.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Under each category, list what is required to obtain the shot, and some tips on how to shoot said category.

I also think that a technique sticky would also benefit the readers, maybe some seasoned photographers on here can offer tips on what works out well for them. There certainly is enough talent in this community.

Categories :

Dark rides
- Gear Required :
- Settings:
- Tips:

Fireworks
- Gear Required :
- Settings:
- Tips:

etc.
Sounds good - those two categories are frequently brought up. Shall we start with those two? How shall we organize the contributions to this? One option would be to create a thread where you can all submit, and I can combine them into the appropriate threads.

ddbowdoin

Sounds good - those two categories are frequently brought up. Shall we start with those two? How shall we organize the contributions to this? One option would be to create a thread where you can all submit, and I can combine them into the appropriate threads.
You could PM us your email and a google drive document could be shared amongst the contributors. That way we can all add and edit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom