Trip Club June 2014

cw1982

June 1-7 here! :)

@bow0303 call them! They are owned by the same people that own Rainforest Cafe and they do not open all their ADR's on the MDE site. I was able to book a time during my trip that was not showing up on MDE just by calling.

bow0303

@bow0303 call them! They are owned by the same people that own Rainforest Cafe and they do not open all their ADR's on the MDE site. I was able to book a time during my trip that was not showing up on MDE just by calling.

I surely will. That's good to know. We have reservations for Rainforest. Can almost taste the VOLCANO already. :)

cw1982

I surely will. That's good to know. We have reservations for Rainforest. Can almost taste the VOLCANO already. :)

What's this Volcano you speak of?

So many here seem to act like Rainforest isn't worth the ADR, since it's not unique to Disney, but we don't have one anywhere near our house so it might as well be unique to Disney (actually I think the ones at WDW are probably closest to our home, and that's 8 hours away).

bow0303

What's this Volcano you speak of?

So many here seem to act like Rainforest isn't worth the ADR, since it's not unique to Disney, but we don't have one anywhere near our house so it might as well be unique to Disney (actually I think the ones at WDW are probably closest to our home, and that's 8 hours away).

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the menu at either Rainforest or Trex but my boys love it and we don't have either near us so its a treat to dine there. Its is an absolutely wonderful desert. Brownie, ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SbATE9FKv94/Tw5PYqFNuuI/AAAAAAAAA6o/v3N0BJg1jg0/s1600/brownie.jpg

cw1982

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the menu at either Rainforest or Trex but my boys love it and we don't have either near us so its a treat to dine there. Its is an absolutely wonderful desert. Brownie, ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SbATE9FKv94/Tw5PYqFNuuI/AAAAAAAAA6o/v3N0BJg1jg0/s1600/brownie.jpg

Oh. My. Gah! That looks divine!!! Probably too rich for me to handle, and I was already thinking we might go to Ghirardelli (spelling?) for sweets after dinner... but now you have me wondering lol.

One thing that definitely peaked my curiosity was a drink that I saw on their menu... it was a margarita made with orange sherbet instead of margarita mix! I'm thinking I'll definitely be trying that lol.

MOXOMUMD

Oh. My. Gah! That looks divine!!! Probably too rich for me to handle, and I was already thinking we might go to Ghirardelli (spelling?) for sweets after dinner... but now you have me wondering lol.

One thing that definitely peaked my curiosity was a drink that I saw on their menu... it was a margarita made with orange sherbet instead of margarita mix! I'm thinking I'll definitely be trying that lol.
Whenever that dessert is brought to a table by the waiter the staff says "VOLCANO!" It's an attention getter. (And delicious. :hungry:)

cw1982

Whenever that dessert is brought to a table by the waiter the staff says "VOLCANO!" It's an attention getter. (And delicious. :hungry:)

Hah! It sounds delicious! We may have to make a separate trip to DTD on our way out on Saturday to hit up Ghirardelli if everyone in our group decides they want the volcano instead!

bow0303

Last time we went we sat outside the kitchen and I know we heard them yell "VOLCANOOOOOO" no less than 50 times. I'm convinced that that they have a dedicated person doing nothing but preparing it. :)

bow0303

I just called and got a reservation for the time I had been wanting for weeks. Thanks for the advice. That was the last ADR we needed. Trip is about 6 weeks away but i'm ready to start packing tonight. LOL

cw1982

Less than 45 days to go! :)

On another note, I'm probably going to be drawn and quartered for even saying this, but does anyone else worry even a little bit about how crowds will be impacted at MK in May and June with the opening of 7DMT? Part of me is excited for the chance to possibly get to ride it, but part of me doesn't want the rest of the park to be that much more crowded, especially if we end up not riding it because the wait is too long/ lack of ability to get FP+ for it.

Or am I just crazy? That could be the issue as well! ;)

bow0303

We received this email today. Its almost that time. ;)

Hello Bowen Family!

Thanks for selecting your MagicBands† and confirming your shipping address. Now we can pack them up and ship them out!

bow0303

Less than 45 days to go! :)

On another note, I'm probably going to be drawn and quartered for even saying this, but does anyone else worry even a little bit about how crowds will be impacted at MK in May and June with the opening of 7DMT? Part of me is excited for the chance to possibly get to ride it, but part of me doesn't want the rest of the park to be that much more crowded, especially if we end up not riding it because the wait is too long/ lack of ability to get FP+ for it.

Or am I just crazy? That could be the issue as well! ;)

I'm hoping it will be open when we get there and that the park wont be extra crowded. I wonder when they will offer the fastpass+ for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom