Amercan Idle may be gone..what to take it's place

Nick Pappagiorgio

I know they used to do ESPN: The Weekend and it was killed off and that they used ESPN branding at WWoS, but an ESPN: The Experience seems like a missed opportunity. Where they have a mock up of one of the studios, show how they do highlight reels, and such. I don't now if it would fly, but seems like as profitable as the ESPN brand is they could milk a theme park attraction out of it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I just hope the building doesn't sit there once AIE has ended its run. It's in a prime spot and something good needs to go there. A while back I'd have wished for some kind of cool "movie magic" attraction - think CinéMagique at WDSP - but they really need to get some more rides in this park. I think they could do something big on that spot... sure hope it happens!

Matt_Black

Please for love of all things Disney...no more M&G's!!!

Actually, that would be a PERFECT spot for a full time Star Wars meet & greet area. Chewie, the droids, Luke, Leia, Vader... *drool* Gussy it up so that it looks like the inside of the Death Star or Cloud City or something. That's money right there.

Killnme

Then what of Sounds Dangerous??? Too many overlays and M&G's are easy outs and not congruent with $100/day entry fee IMO.

I would like to see the Jedi Academy moved in to Sounds Dangerous to clear up that corner. Then bring back the show that was in the AI place but updated shows, like Sportscenter, and a View (but have guys dressed up as the women), maybe a skit mocking that housewives show.

doctornick

If AI goes away it will most likely be replaced with an empty theater.

Be careful what you wish for....

Yep, I remember a lot of people being happy with Sounds Dangerous being closed (don't know why, I generally enjoyed the show even if it was a mild offering) -- wouldn't it be better to have an operating attraction?

Anyway, if AIE closes sometime in the near future, it seems reasonable to expect that that building and Sounds Dangerous would be used for a Star Wars attraction.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I would love to see a "sound stage" for the "New Mickey Mouse Club." Have the guests be the "studio audience", crowd participation, a lot of slapstick jokes, maybe some dance numbers. All with the Classic Mickey Mouse March introduction and stuff. I think that would fit better with the theme of "old Hollywood" and such.

NMBC1993

Oh I know what will comeback...
doug.jpg

I mean who doesn't en...joy.....:confused:
2dg123234LARGE.jpg

1358469063.jpg

I actually liked Doug Live......I always felt the song "21 Jumbo Street" was the perfect alternative theme song for Doug, right after the Nickelodeon theme song of course:)

graphite1326

Original Poster
Put those loud obnoxious dance parties there. Tons of space and they can be behind closed doors for those who don't want their ears blown out when they walk by or being swatted by flailing arms.
That would be a great idea. I hate those dance parties. My kids never liked them either. They are just loud!

bebert

Given the current direction of the WDW park management it will involve you buying merchandise, dont expect it to be a "free" attraction to enjoy. My bet is that it will be Star Wars based based on the new movie coming out in 2015 and I think that whole corridor/walkway will be devoted to Stars Wars for the next 5 years. This will go right along with the timetable of the next three Star Wars movies.

FettFan

I wish they'd bring back something along the lines of Superstar Television, possibly with an eye toward putting guests inside of movie classics instead of T.V. (Selling DVDs of "their show" to participants wouldn't be a terrible idea, either).

Unfortunately, I don't think Disney would dare do any of the really awesome shows.
tl-horizontal_mainwatermark11.jpg

37f9e9b6ec60b2d1_thumb_temp_front_page_image_file8452101397442343.191ratio.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom