Thoughts on the building of a Tangled Ride??

Miss Rapunzel

Original Poster
Okay,
Has anyone ever thought there should be a Tangled themed ride at Disney??
I've thought about it for a while and I really would love for there to be one maybe a dark boat ride?
Now I already know this wouldn't be happening soon since the production of avatar land is in the making....but I still wish tangled got to have a ride in the parks.

Kman101

After seeing how they have performers act out the show on a stage in a theater (with humor and props, tounge-in-cheek) -- is that at Disneyland? -- I'd prefer that (hello! Premier Theater!), but a dark ride would work. I've come to definitely appreciate and like the movie a lot.

It's too bad there's a perfect spot for it ... oh ... wait ... *flush* such a waste but I guess that's probably beating a dead horse at this point. WDW will never live those toilets down. LOL

I think the blog Ideal Buildout has a nice idea for a Tangled ride themed to the floating lanterns.

Kman101

It's a really well done and hilarious show. It made me such a fan of the movie. It's nice to see Disneyland appreciates things that can appeal to adults as well as children. I don't see that flying at the current WDW.

I shouldn't feel out of place standing in line for Peter Pan. I never felt out of place in Fantasyland at Disneyland. Just saying ....

Miss Rapunzel

Original Poster
yeah it's pretty sad.
I traveled to Disneyland for the first time this past summer and loved it
seems like Disneyland appeals to adults too with that show and Indiana jones and the bobsled ride haha

BigTxEars

I'm In but like you said with the size and scope of Avatarland the focus will all be there. Looking forward to AL and 7D Train, cool stuff ahead at WDW. :)

copcarguyp71

My own opinion is that a movie should need to have "staying" power in that it remains popular and relevant for 8-10 years following it's release before an entire attraction is based on it so that it does not seem to peter out after a couple of years in existence. Just my own two cents but I have always thought that this would help to keep from a huge expenditure (which is hard to get from TDO) being a flash in the pan.

...and yes, I realize this formula STILL did not save us from Stitch!

The Empress Lilly

Okay,
Has anyone ever thought there should be a Tangled themed ride at Disney??
I've thought about it for a while and I really would love for there to be one maybe a dark boat ride?
Now I already know this wouldn't be happening soon since the production of avatar land is in the making....but I still wish tangled got to have a ride in the parks.
I would love a Tangled dark ride of whatever sort. Fantasyland can use some more rides. And let's face it, Home on the Range and Chicken Little do not cut it. Tangled is the modern classic (much better than Frozen :p)

WDW dropped the ball with their FL choices. Mermaid's brilliance, it's secret ingredient, is that it was a musical. It is better served as a musical theatrical presentation, as they have in DHS, still the better Mermaid experience. Snow White in turn was just made for the scary attraction, as they already had too.

Maybe the FLE simply had bad timing. Imagine if only they had waited a few years and instead of Mermaid and Dwarf had build Tangled and Frozen rides, while leaving the classic rides intact. And Bavarian instead of toon themed toilets. Everybody would be so much happier.

FettFan

They should have built a dark ride instead of enchilada tales with belle. Meet and greets are LAME.

Edit - ENCHANTED. Damn iPhone.
If Belle was actually serving Mexican food I might not complain.

copcarguyp71

They should have built a dark ride instead of enchilada tales with belle. Meet and greets are LAME.

Edit - ENCHANTED. Damn iPhone.
If Belle was actually serving Mexican food I might not complain.

I honestly like enchilada better!:D

Although I have to say at 42 years old I was fascinated with the Lumier AA and would love to see some more of THAT magic applied elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom