Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Also, the movie right after that is Saving Mr. Banks. After this I'll feel all caught up with the rest of the world! Well... the rest of the people on these forums at least. I still have Gravity and the second Hobbit movie to go before I'm up to par with the world, but by then I'll have missed 10 other blockbuster hits.

I bought 2 Blue Ray and Digital upload of Frozen at Target for $13 last Sunday. Neither were for me.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't sow seeds, I start with seedlings. Don't got time for that.
TONDq.gif

Gabe1

Also, the movie right after that is Saving Mr. Banks. After this I'll feel all caught up with the rest of the world! Well... the rest of the people on these forums at least. I still have Gravity and the second Hobbit movie to go before I'm up to par with the world, but by then I'll have missed 10 other blockbuster hits.

And that one I bought at Target for $10 for DH. (I'll get to watch)

Gabe1

So, my little bit of yard work turned out to be quite a bit more.

With a hacksaw only, I cut down 3 large bushes, 2 - 8' Rose of Sharon trees, and one very large, very unhealthy pine tree.
I was a little concerned that Hubby would flip when he got home, but he was pretty cool about it. With the help of a rip saw (?), the garden snips and the most awesome (slightly drunk) next door neighbour, the three of us got all the branches cut, root balls dug out, and everything bagged.

So much more to do.

Pretty sure I won't be able to move tomorrow, though.

Yeah I won't be moving tomorrow after long bike ride. Felt the Burn.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, if you want PF Changs broccoli and beef (and yes, I have made this, and no it's not my favorite recipe for broccoli and beef)...

Ingredients

1.5 lb or so of flank steak. Cut it into thin slices against the grain of the meat.
4 heads or so of fresh broccoli. Buy the heads and cut off the florets for this recipe. The stems also are good in this, but if you want the restaurant presentation style, don't use them.
3 large or 2 small cloves of garlic Fun fact you may not know, garlic is more potent when it's smaller.
Some Minced Ginger About 1 tablespoon.
2 tsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbls of water. Stir with a spoon to dissolve.
1.5 tbls of peanut (or other) oil
1 tsp organic soy sauce
1 tsp of rice wine and/or sake I like rice wine for this better
0.5 tsp of corn starch
1/4 cup oyster sauce You can find this in the asian section of most markets.
2 more tsp of rice wine and/or sake Again, I like rice wine for this better...note, rice WINE, not rice wine vinegar!
2 tbls of organic soy sauce
1/2 cup of organic chicken broth

Directions

1) Cut the flank steak and toss it in a ziplock bag.
2) Stir 1 tsp of the soy sauce, 1 tsp of the rice wine and the half tsp of corn starch together in a bowl, and drizzle into the bag.
3) Push the marinade into the meat slices, and seal the bag. Let sit at room temp for 20 - 30 minutes.
4) Mix 2 tsp of rice wine, 1/4 cup of oyster saucel 1/2 cup of chicken broth together in another bowl. Set aside.
5) Steam the broccoli in a steamer basket or boil if you don't have one (better steamed) When done, set it to the side.
6) Add the oil to a wok on a burner set on med high.
7) Toss in the beef, layering it flat side down. Let it sear first, then toss. Cook for about 2 minutes.
8) Add the minced ginger and minced garlic. Stir and cook for about 1 minute. Stir often to keep it from burning!
9) Add the sauce and broccoli from step 2 and 4. Allow it to boil stirring often.
10) Add the corn starch in water mixture to thicken the sauce. Keep stirring.
11) Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, still stirring, until the sauce is the consistency you want. Serve over rice.

Delish!

NYwdwfan

Yeah, I was told they would be easy. Bought seeds and self watering boxes and all...

They still died...

I don't sow seeds, I start with seedlings. Don't got time for that.

My mother has an amazing garden every year. She starts her tomatoes in the house in these little incubator thingies - or buys plants. You can't start tomato seeds outside.

You should buy a big pot and a tomato plant and try again - there's nothing like a home grown tomato!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom