Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOXOMUMD

Happy Easter everybody! Here's a funny story from day.

Every Easter morning my mom does an egg hunt for my daughter and fills them with coins, candy and notes to find bigger presents. When she opened them she would tell me what's inside. Every quarter was an "Awesome". Every dime was a "Yay". Every nickel was a "Cool". And the other coins? They were all "Knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny." :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

Happy Easter everybody! Here's a funny story from day.

Every morning my mom does an egg hunt for my daughter and fills them with coins, candy and notes to find bigger presents. When she opened them she would tell me what's inside. Every quarter was an "Awesome". Every dime was a "Yay". Every nickel was a "Cool". And the other coins? They were all "Knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny." :joyfull:
Look at my current status...

StarWarsGirl

By the way, remember...
1509657_731801760204761_8622425248585727660_n.jpg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I googled Suburban Soda 'cause I didn't know what it was. I clicked a link and I got that Danger Will Robinson Danger warning from my security software. Still don't know what Suburban Soda is, are they still in business?

Sounds like, not technically.

Best I could find:
I am looking for PERSONAL knowledge and memories of this soft drink that is still sold in Baltimore and Hagerstown, but only in two-liter bottles.

The brand is owned by PepsiCo, but I am trying to change that, because it has pretty much destroyed it.

So, Bawlmerians, hons and the like, please tell me all that you can about Almond Smash and its one-time owner, Suburban Beverages, because the Internet does not seem to have much of a clue. Please don't go there, as I have read it ALL.

Thanks!

Almond Smash soda dispenser, c. 1920

Here's the discussion from which the above quote is taken. Eventually in that discussion, one of the great-grandchildren of the owner of Suburban Soda line - http://www.webanswers.com/food-drink/almond-smash-a-baltimore-original-since-who-knows-when-627971 I am fairly certain that they are still in existence, but my local stores do not stock the Almond Smash (the red soda I remember from my youth). We had a local place where you could pick up cases of the glass bottles of Coke, Pepsi, RC, Nehi (all the flavors), and Suburban. I remember dropping off a case of empties and getting a discount off the next case. That would have been the mid-70s or so....

Goofyernmost

Put on your Easter Bonnet
BlsQHooIUAEcQsO.jpg

Kendra

Boy, the Easter Bonnets that my Mom made me, the Tom Boy wear on Easter and those little white gloves and itch spring dress coats along with tidy whitey ankle socks with lace that slipped into your white patent leather shoes. Not good memories. Little Boys didn't have to cover their heads and hands before the Lord and show off their legs.

Unless I guess if we go back to the church days boys wore knickers pants, then they were the misfortunate ones.
Knicker pants???? My goodness Woman... how old are you? Did you go to church in a surrey (with a fringe on top)? :);):joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Lucky you planted that picture of the Dunk's Easter donut with the Peep in my head. Even when I went to church this morning, I thought about it once or twice . . . Guess where I went after church?!! Interesting to note that there are variations from Dunkies to Dunkies depending upon your area of the country. My donut had light pink frosting with a few green stripes and a yellow Peep on top. I wolfed it down. :hungry:

MOXOMUMD

@Lucky you planted that picture of the Dunk's Easter donut with the Peep, in my head. Even during church this morning, it came to mind once or twice . . . Guess where I went after church?! Now, it's interesting to note that there is a little variation from Dunkies to Dunkies, depending upon the location. My donut had light pink frosting with a few green stripes, and a yellow Peep on the top! Needless to say, I happily wolfed it down.
:joyfull: Happy Easter :hungry:

Goofyernmost

While inhaling the calorie-laden donut, it reminded me of an old episode of the Rhoda t.v. sitcom. I don't know if you ever watched that show, but I recall an episode where she was eating chocolate and she said, "I might as well just apply this directly to my hips!" HA! (Why is it that everything delicious packs on the weight?)
Calories are the magic ingredient that gives food flavor. Without it you might as well eat cardboard. Sad, but true, fact of life. And please, no one tell me the tofu is tasty.:D

donaldtoo

For all that celebrate, I hope you all had a happy Easter, and for those that don't, I hope you all had a happy Sunday! :)
Ours has been great! Slept in, went to 12:30 mass, and then over to my folks. Visited, ate, visited some more. Grilled lamb chops, smoked leg of lamb, smoked pork ribs, smoked ham, corn casserole, potato casserole, etc., etc., etc. :hungry:
Off in a bit to BILs for a late visit to see MIL, SIL, and niece. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For all that celebrate, I hope you all had a happy Easter, and for those that don't, I hope you all had a happy Sunday! :)
Ours has been great! Slept in, went to 12:30 mass, and then over to my folks. Visited, ate, visited some more. Grilled lamb chops, smoked leg of lamb, smoked pork ribs, smoked ham, corn casserole, potato casserole, etc., etc., etc. :hungry:
Off in a bit to BILs for a late visit to see MIL, SIL, and niece. :)

And the Easter food fest continues. I'll bet there will be dessert and coffee at your BILs ! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom