What did you do?

OG Runner

Ran "more" than 4 miles last night. Started running, combining my Garmin and my Galloway run/walk watches. Hit both and out I went. After running for 4 minutes I found the Garmin had not started. I ran a little more than 4 miles after that. Legs felt dead. I ran two races over the weekend.

Sumrdog

I have been absent from these boards for a month...I think my two jobs, going to school full time and being a single mom Monday thru Friday and the freakishly cold winter got the best of me. I just caught up on everyone's races and runs.

Congratulations you guys!

We just got back from visiting family in France, the 5 feet of snow on my road is melted, and in 2 weeks I will be done with inferential statistics; it is clearly time for me to get serious about my running again! I have been just maintaining but no distances greater than 6 miles lately but I have got the Dumbo in less than 5 months and my goal is to crush my half marathon PR...

JillC LI

Welcome back @Sumrdog.

I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself this morning. I did a 4 mile speed workout of 3/4 mile reps at 8:40 pace on my TM. I didn't think I'd have the strength to finish part way through the first rep, but I sucked it up and forced myself to complete all the reps. Super hard for me, but felt like a beast afterwards. So glad I pulled it out.

The extra calories burned are also needed with all these Passover delicacies I have been indulging in! LOL. Considering I can't eat bread/cereal/pasta/etc. for 8 days, it's surprising how I still manage to stuff myself for this holiday!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 Wed, 5 Thursday, 5 this morning in the rain. 15-20 tomorrow at Oak Mtn early. Been raining all day here so tomorrow the creeks will be up and the sounds of nature will be awesome.

BTW, I stood 30 feet from a big ole momma deer this morning and her baby. We both stopped, turned and stared at each other for a lifetime of 5 seconds. Later, I had a coyote run in front of me and gave me "the business".

LindsayLoves

Planned - 5 miles at half marathon goal pace.

Actual - 5.38 miles around my neighborhood with lots of picture taking to capture some of the spring blooms and bridges on the east river. Pace was around 8:55/mile which means with all my stops for photos and traffic my moving time was probably right around half marathon pace, win-win!

joel_maxwell

30 laps on lunch in the rain... but I was in a pool, so I was already wet. They took the bubble off the pool yesterday. It was so cool to be slightly warm under water and freezing above water. Only happens a few times a year.

Running with a friend tomorrow that I have been looking forward to training with for many months. We have always tried to meet up, but never could make it work. So, Im very excited. I can learn a lot from this guy, and lucky for me, he did a 3 day stage race last weekend and needs a slower weekend. So Ill still be killing it to keep up. Dude is awesome.

LindsayLoves

No rain here so I got to enjoy 10 miles in the sun and low 40s (hello perfect running weather) Ran a loop over the Queensboro bridge, up the east river along the esplanade, over the 103rd St footbridge to Randall's island, along the southern tip of the island and back to Queens over the Triboro bridge.
imagejpg1.jpg

JillC LI

So the good news is that I ran 11.25 miles today at a nice pace as prep for my Half in two weeks.

The bad news is that I tripped while reading my Garmin over 4 miles from home, flew through the air, and landed hard on my palms and hip on the cement. Nothing broken but pretty bruised with a bloody palm that burned like h*ll for the rest of the run home. Tried to think of what Nick tolerates on his runs instead of the pain.

Nice route @LindsayLoves.

joel_maxwell

So the good news is that I ran 11.25 miles today at a nice pace as prep for my Half in two weeks.

The bad news is that I tripped while reading my Garmin over 4 miles from home, flew through the air, and landed hard on my palms and hip on the cement. Nothing broken but pretty bruised with a bloody palm that burned like h*ll for the rest of the run home. Tried to think of what Nick tolerates on his runs instead of the pain.

Nice route @LindsayLoves.
Boooo. I hate busting... but if you do it, and dont get hurt, it is a win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom