Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

Stevek

I don't care who you are, blogger or not, if you legitimately book a FP+ it should work without vanishing. Everyone's has the same opportunity to book them, so it's not as if he's robbing someone of the opportunity.

That I agree with. How you handle yourself in the situation and the fact that this is a grow man who planned his day out weeks in advance so he could be there first day to meet them is what is scary to me.

Clamman73

That I agree with. How you handle yourself in the situation and the fact that this is a grow man who planned his day out weeks in advance so he could be there first day to meet them is what is scary to me.

The fact that he was going to leave early, and then stays when he got contacted that he could get the fastpass to Anna is what is a little disturbing b/c all he really wanted was a video of his meet and greet for the youtube channel to generate hits.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Happy Easter

I think my holiday has been made by Mrs. Ricky's husband's whining about not being able to get into see the Princesses (that is actually why I am on here now since I got a special note from a little Easter bunny!) ... basically, Ricky was in the right (or as right as any ADULT male who makes reservations a month out to meet college girls playing princess dress up could be) as he did have a reservation and it did disappear. No, what my kind friend at a quieter than normal Guest Relations office for Easter told me was that someone who monitors Twitter for WDW (I would be 99% sure you are talking about one of our pals, Dr. Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary although it is possibly someone else) SAW Ricky whining and realized that he was headed home to rip the system and pout (because that is what Lifestylers do ... when they aren't having accidents on cruise ships!) and had someone call immediately and make his situation right.

Great. But do you think when the same thing happens to a family visiting from Lake George, New York on their third trip that they'll get the same service?

Yeah ... we all know ... just like we all know that Disney's system is very hackable when someone decides to stir things up. After all, it was developed with help by our defense contractors!

#Passthejellybeans
#BuckytheBunnySlayer
#WDWGEMS.com

WDW1974

Original Poster
Another note from WDW Guest Relations is that the parks (especially MK and EPCOT) are not nearly as busy as a usual Easter Sunday.

We have gone over the possible reasons for the slowness since March turned to April, but the point here is we haven't had ANY breathless phased closing threads because there haven't been a need. And with far more schools having the week that ends today off, I would expect the next week to in no way feel like a holiday week.

And that is an Orlando deal, not simply a WDW one.

I am staying far away from the theme parks today ... the beach is a distinct possibility in a bit.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Happy Easter
I think my holiday has been made by Mrs. Ricky's husband's whining about not being able to get into see the Princesses (that is actually why I am on here now since I got a special note from a little Easter bunny!) ... basically, Ricky was in the right (or as right as any ADULT male who makes reservations a month out to meet college girls playing princess dress up could be) as he did have a reservation and it did disappear. No, what my kind friend at a quieter than normal Guest Relations office for Easter told me was that someone who monitors Twitter for WDW (I would be 99% sure you are talking about one of our pals, Dr. Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary although it is possibly someone else) SAW Ricky whining and realized that he was headed home to rip the system and pout (because that is what Lifestylers do ... when they aren't having accidents on cruise ships!) and had someone call immediately and make his situation right.

Great. But do you think when the same thing happens to a family visiting from Lake George, New York on their third trip that they'll get the same service?

Yeah ... we all know ... just like we all know that Disney's system is very hackable when someone decides to stir things up. After all, it was developed with help by our defense contractors!

#Passthejellybeans
#BuckytheBunnySlayer
#WDWGEMS.com
Any system is "hackable" when you have root access or sa access...

"Herp. De derpy derp derpy." - Random WDW Executive

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nope. I'll pass...

You gotta be brave, my friend. I am sure DD would check it out and report back to me in vivid details.
How you wound up with such an amazing woman ... I just ... I just ... ... hey, isn't that mine train coaster going to be uber-kewl? Want to ride it together soon while singing Heigh-Ho?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of four seasons how is it shaping up? I wonder what their occupancy rates will look like.? FS has convention/meeting space right?

It looks to be beautiful. I will give up on the world if the place offers rooms for free to blogging whores, however. The Four Seasons doesn't play that game.

Opening in August. Rates I've seen as low as $400 a night.

I don't know about the meeting space, I would guess they do, but I don't know how large.

WDW1974

Original Poster
FYI, I had a photographer for my site submit a request for credentials through WDWGems and it was denied. Naturally we have yet to hear back from the normal means.

I wonder how many folks have used the opening to apply.

Clearly, Disney knows what the problem is and how it got that way, but they don't seem to be able (or willing) to do anything about it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I feel so left out. :cry:

Don't ... I've seen your name ... and literally about another 2-3 dozen folks from this site, Micechat, Jim Hill and Twitter folks called out and/or threatened. And how anyone communicates with this 'mistake' on Twitter, let alone WDI people like Surrell, just astounds me.

We may argue whether Ricky has a mental illness (I say he does, naturally), but I think 99% of people who read this guy or meet him would immediately get that the elevator is as reliable as the one at The Hollywood Tower Hotel!

maxairmike

I wonder how many folks have used the opening to apply.

Clearly, Disney knows what the problem is and how it got that way, but they don't seem to be able (or willing) to do anything about it.

They're just too lazy to fix it. All it would take is throwing up a page with a verification code field in front of the RSVP form. The hardest part would be getting the code to your expected attendants, and that's just an email or phone call. I'm pretty sure I could do it in under a half hour (and I'm not a pro web designer, just someone who plays with it on the side).

WDW1974

Original Poster
It is funny when a lifestyler--or a lifestyler's wife as the case may be (hard to tell who wears the pants in some couples)--threatens you on Twitter, then said lifestyler runs away from you whenever he sees you in the parks.

Or when a Lifestyler stalks you, but claims they are being stalked online for sympathy from enablers because they don't understand that when they place things online that people who don't like them get to read and comment and use that information just like their flock members. Or when a Lifestyler makes prank phone calls to members of your family around the country to get attention. Or when a Lifestyler uses a parent's influence so a Sheriff's Deputy (not even in the same jurisdiction) makes a BS 'threatening' call that you can tell he has no interest in and never follows up. Or when a Lifestyler throws your anonymous identity around to people at Disney in the hopes it will help them gain favor with the company ... or, yeah, there are some pretty sick individuals out there.

I just can't wait until one of them drags Disney down in the dirt with them ... if I were the folks at CP, that's what would concern me because THAT will cost people in Social Media/DPB their jobs.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
A socially awkward kid who's career highlight has been being a janitor at WDW who apparently fantasizes about hurting people (fetish fascination and his comments) and feels empowered behind a keyboard. A disturbing recipe that shares way too much in common with people that end up doing horrible things.

Exactly. I don't know why people assume that folks like this are harmless. I just don't think that is how to view the situation in light of how much violence we have in our society and how every crazy has at least 43 guns.

WDW1974

Original Poster

Oh c'mon, it's totally normal ... just keep reading Twitter and you'll believe that.

UGH ... it's almost sunny enough to attempt the beach now ... and yet I am having so much fun here ... but I think I'm going to get out shortly! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah, I found it. There's some serious shadenfreud happening. Maybe its fates way of saying "Its Easter Sunday, you should have gone to Church instead of Disney?"
Our Theme Park, who art in Florida,
Disneyworld is thy name.
To you're Magic Kingdom I'll come,
Till my bank account's done,
But, still, I am in nerd heaven.

Give us this day our FastPass Plus,
And flashy LED hats.
As we have also purchased lanyards.

Lead us not into temptation,
And deliver us from Universal.

For thine is the Magic Kingdom,
And the power,
And the glory.

For Minnie and Mickey, Amen.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
But do you think when the same thing happens to a family visiting from Lake George, New York on their third trip that they'll get the same service?
#Passthejellybeans
#BuckytheBunnySlayer
#WDWGEMS.com

This is a question I would LOVE to get an answer from the folks who defend the brand/band no matter what. Same folks who think NGE was really implemented for their vacation experience, not their wallet

Animaniac93-98

Our Theme Park, who art in Florida,
Disneyworld is thy name.
To you're Magic Kingdom I'll come,
Till my bank account's done,
But, I am still in nerd heaven.

Give us this day our FastPass Plus,
And flashy LED hats.
As we have also purchased lanyards.

Lead us not into temptation,
And deliver us from Universal.

For thine is the Magic Kingdom,
And the power,
And the glory.

For Minnie and Mickey, Amen.

This is my favourite post of the thread so far. If I could give it a "basket full of Easter joy" in likes, I would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom