Haunted Masion secrets

neoshinok

Anyone who has more clues to this please share as to me it's a big, well-kept secret and i don't know if the movie is even going to be made.

Can't speak to any of the details you've heard, but this is Del Toro's recent comments on the project;

“I delivered my last ['Haunted Mansion' script draft] five weeks ago. I have a meeting with [Disney heads] in three weeks. I know they like the screenplay. I need to meet with them in three weeks. That’s what I know. I know their reaction to the draft was good. We have a bunch of conceptualist art, but you never know, to predict anything else is hard for me to know.”

If he doesn't end up part of the film, it will be because he has so many things going on. He's finishing up his film 'Pacific Rim', in pre-production for a stop-motion version of Pinnochio (starring Daniel Radcliffe), and is at the top of the list to direct a live-action Beauty and the Beast retelling starring Emma Watson.

If the Haunted Mansion film is made, I assume it will star Rupert Grint. See what I did there?:D

J03Y

in the Portrait Chamber, when the Ghost Host kindly points out that there are no windows and no doors and no ways to escape "but there's always my way" and shows the hanging body, he's actually showing you his death. in turn, he's showing you the way to escape the mansion, which is by dying. and then we go to the attic and finally the transition to the graveyard. in this transition when you turn on your back and slowly go down, it provides you the illusion of falling to your death, which is why the groundskeeper looks frightened, a bit by your presence. it's because you are one of the ghosts, which is why all of the happy haunts materialize up in your face in the graveyard, because they feel you as one of them, which is how you do leave the mansion.

yeah, i just found that out like last week. it blew my mind DX

also, in the transition to the graveyard, it seems like you're falling from a Southern plantation-styled house, while the mansion out front looks nothing like that. that's because the original mansion was supposed to resemble the DLR's look, but they changed it at the last minute after they made the inside of the ride.

Doodlyday

You're correct, it is the bride's ring and not Madame Leota's. To my knowledge the "ring" (which was actually the end of a metal pole that had to be cut out of the cement) no longer exists. CMs still use the story to entice guests and enhance the ride experience.

As far as secrets here are some I have...
- There is a hidden mickey in the plates on the table in the dancing ghosts scene.
- The door the "bends" in the beginning of the ride is made of rubber.
- In the hallway that looks like it never ends, one of the doors is real and used for maintenance/evacuation.
- In the staircases scene only one of them is real and actually leads somewhere.
- The crow appears in every scene because he was originally supposed to be the narrator of the ride. When the ghost host was introduced they kept the crows in anyway.
- There are touch pads on the sides of the haunted mansion ride track that if stepped on will automatically stop the ride.
- The talking busts in the outdoor scene is voiced by the same man who voiced tony the tiger.
- There is a hidden Mickey in the grim reeper in the tombstone in the outdoor scene.
- When you exit the ride the bricks on the righthand side (in between the ride track and the exit) are made of a cushiony material. (For safety reasons incase a little kid accidentally runs into them)
- In the graveyard in the exit queue there is a tombstone for Mr. Toad commemorating the closing of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Where do the stairs lead to?

Weather_Lady

... and then we go to the attic and finally the transition to the graveyard. in this transition when you turn on your back and slowly go down, it provides you the illusion of falling to your death, which is why the groundskeeper looks frightened, a bit by your presence. it's because you are one of the ghosts, which is why all of the happy haunts materialize up in your face in the graveyard, because they feel you as one of them, which is how you do leave the mansion.

I had Disney's Haunted Mansion record when I was growing up, which tells the story of your passage through the original Disneyland attraction in narrative fashion. In the story, after passing by the ghostly bride [and the hatbox ghost!], you escape from the attic by climbing out of the window onto a balcony and shimmying down a tree next to the house, and then making your way through the graveyard. You see the caretaker and his dog and try to summon help, but they "just stood there shaking." I am convinced that this is what the Doom Buggies are simulating in that part of the ride -- going out of the window and down the tree.

The record is really quite a gem, if you've never heard it:

Last edited:

DisneyConstruction23

Fun fact from people working there....every night they must re set the hidden mickey plates because imaginiers that designed the ride always move it back to where it was (not intended to be a mickey at all) also under each plate their are photos of people who have passed away so they can always be a part of the ride.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Fun fact from people working there....every night they must re set the hidden mickey plates because imaginiers that designed the ride always move it back to where it was (not intended to be a mickey at all) also under each plate their are photos of people who have passed away so they can always be a part of the ride.
I hate to break this to you, but the Imagineers who designed the Haunted Mansion are not at WDW resetting the plates!

DisneyConstruction23

I hate to break this to you, but the Imagineers who designed the Haunted Mansion are not at WDW resetting the plates!
I am repeating what I was told by friends who work at the attraction..and actuallywas incorrect....the people who come in for the nightly checks are instructed by the imagineers to put them back.....so I was half right I guess

DisneyConstruction23

Now IDK if this is true about Hidden Mickeys etc. but an old co-worker of mine was around when they built Dinosaur and said that their are hundreds of hidden mickeys that will never be found. (Under some of the dinosaurs tongues etc.) He says he was part of the camera crew to take in progress photos are the ride was being built. Does anyone know if this is the case? He basically aid every hidden Mickey will never be found and that people that do not work for Disney write the books, but pay disney a good % to sell in parks. Again IDK if that is true or not and I was seeing if others knew the answer

VicariousCorpse

Well, underneath the plates are photos, but they aren't of dead people, they are pictures of the placement of the plates, knives, cups, etc. of the table placement so they are kept in the right positions. While the hidden mickey of plates wasn't originally supposed to be there and was kept getting reset, its photo was taken from underneath its plate by someone, so the original positions have been forgotten and is now allowed to stay

graphite1326

Since I have been on the haunted mansion over 100 times I noticed last week that at the end when your getting off the doom buggy the torches on the wall are just paper light and wind. It completly blew me away that something that simple looked so good. I mean I really had to look at it! Oh and in the fire scene in pirates there is a torch on the left side with the same effect. Pretty cool stuff and I have actually never heard anything about it I just noticed it the last time we rode.
Funny I noticed this right off. I thought it would be cool to put in one room of my basement.

graphite1326

actually I went on a tour through HM and was told that the Imagineers do sometimes go back and change the plates only to have the CM's go in and change them to a hidden Mickey.

neoshinok

Has anyone ever heard this to be true?

"Another cool fact is that the floating Madame Leota in the séance room uses top-secret proprietary technology for the realistic facial projection (not kidding). So valuable to Disney that if the pressure sensitive mats along the ride path are triggered, it gets pulled to the ceiling using a wire it’s attached to. This way no one can hop over the railing, steal it and sell it on eBay."

From this site http://themeparkcanuck.com/2011/10/...-of-hidden-jacks-wdw-haunted-mansion-secrets/

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Has anyone ever heard this to be true?

"Another cool fact is that the floating Madame Leota in the séance room uses top-secret proprietary technology for the realistic facial projection (not kidding). So valuable to Disney that if the pressure sensitive mats along the ride path are triggered, it gets pulled to the ceiling using a wire it’s attached to. This way no one can hop over the railing, steal it and sell it on eBay."

From this site http://themeparkcanuck.com/2011/10/...-of-hidden-jacks-wdw-haunted-mansion-secrets/
Nope...if you jump out of your doombuggy in the seance room you will end up in the basement about 20 feet below the seance table!

The secret to the facial projection technology is pretty well documented online if you care to know how it's done.

Nick Wilde

Nope...if you jump out of your doombuggy in the seance room you will end up in the basement about 20 feet below the seance table!

The secret to the facial projection technology is pretty well documented online if you care to know how it's done.
Where online? Could you give us a link?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom