Pre-Trip My Dream Vacation...a June 2014 PTR

I know, I know, I have a really long time before our trip, but I'm so flippin' excited that I wanted to share with y'all!
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, Logan (10), Lily (8), and Owen (5)
My mom and dad (or Nanny and Papaw to the kids)
My brother Scott, my SIL Beth, and my twin nieces Macy and Allison (3)

Here is a pic of my parents and kids from our last family trip in Oct. 2011

Here is our family

Here is one of my favorite pics of me and Brian

And here is one of my favorites of the kids

Here is one of me and Owen from our trip last December

I still have to get permission from my brother and SIL to post pics of my nieces. So hopefully I can have some up soon.

What: A 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream followed by 4 days at WDW

When: We set sail on June 19, 2014

Where: We will be staying in deluxe oceanview staterooms with verandahs. Our rooms are all in a row so we can open the partitions and have 1 large verandah. We are in rooms 6044, 6042, and 6040.

Thanks to Tammy(@Disneyfalcon) for all her help getting this set up for us!!

prfctlyximprct

:D:D:D:arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry:!!! Brian had his final interview today and has been conditionally appointed to the Columbus Fire Academy. He just has to pass his physical exam and stress test. The academy starts on June 9, and we got definitive confirmation that he will be unable to attend any part of our trip! I'm waiting as long as possible to cancel him off our reservations, but I know it is just putting off the inevitable.

Congrats to him but I'm sorry about your trip :( You will just have to plan another one eventually when he can go! I know the feeling of disappointment, I had to reschedule my June trip until August due to the crazy snow. It was not that big of deal, but it still stunk :( Just enjoy your trip and promise him he will be able to go back soon.. his career is most important. Disney hugs!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Congrats to him but I'm sorry about your trip :( You will just have to plan another one eventually when he can go! I know the feeling of disappointment, I had to reschedule my June trip until August due to the crazy snow. It was not that big of deal, but it still stunk :( Just enjoy your trip and promise him he will be able to go back soon.. his career is most important. Disney hugs!
Thanks! Believe me, I am definitely already thinking about a make-up trip. What really stinks is that he was finally really excited about the cruise part of the trip! So now we need to decide if the next trip will include a cruise, will be Disneyland, or what we will do!

HouCuseChickie

:D:D:D:arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry:!!! Brian had his final interview today and has been conditionally appointed to the Columbus Fire Academy. He just has to pass his physical exam and stress test. The academy starts on June 9, and we got definitive confirmation that he will be unable to attend any part of our trip! I'm waiting as long as possible to cancel him off our reservations, but I know it is just putting off the inevitable.

Congrats to him on the job :) I'm sorry about what it's doing to the trip, but it sounds like it's a wonderful opportunity!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
One one hand, HUGE congrats to Brian, that's amazing. On the other, what a bummer!!!!! At least you had your birthday trip just the two of you!!
Thanks! I have to keep reminding myself about that trip to try to make this seem better! Plus, I can start planning another that he WILL be able to go on!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Tomorrow is the day for online check-in for the cruise!!! That means we are only 75 days until AoA, 76 days from the cruise, and 79 days from Pop!!
I got these in the mail yesterday!
IMG_7458.JPG

I can't wait for us to wear them! I think we will probably wear them on the day we first fly down.

Attachments

• IMG_7458.JPG
    IMG_7458.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 37

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
All checked in for the cruise and I was able to get a 10:30 port arrival time!!
So, this is what our itinerary for the cruise looks like:
Arrival at MCO at 8:05am on Wednesday, June 18. DME to AoA. Then a trip to DTD for some shopping and lunch, then back to AoA for some pool time and most likely some napping since our flight leaves at 6am!

Black Car Orlando is picking us up at 9am on Thursday, June 19 to take us to the port.

Friday, June 20 is Nassau day. Our plan is to stay on the Dream and enjoy the pool and Aquaduck, and just explore the ship.

Saturday, June 21 is Castaway Cay day!!! Logan and I (and Brian if he goes) plan to do the 5k in the morning. Everyone else will just go find chairs on the beach and start enjoying the day! Most of us plan to do some snorkeling. Then Logan and I have parasailing scheduled at 1:30. We are both super excited for this!! I'm hoping to get some great pictures while we are up!

Sunday, June 22 :( We have to leave the ship. Black Car Orlando is picking us up at 8am and taking us back to Pop Century.:)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Yay you're all checked in! It's getting so close!!!
I know!!!! I can't wait! I have finally starting writing my packing lists down. I have been making them in my head for quite some time now, but I'm just now putting them on paper so I don't forget anything! I'm also starting to go through clothes to make sure of what I have and what I need to buy.

RMichael21

I hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to read your trip report. All of those fancy gifts and trinkets that you got are so phenomenal. I wish I had gotten those when I was a kid. :D Do you know where I could find some of those gifts? I really want some of those now. ;)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to read your trip report. All of those fancy gifts and trinkets that you got are so phenomenal. I wish I had gotten those when I was a kid. :D Do you know where I could find some of those gifts? I really want some of those now. ;)
Thank you! I'm sure our trip will be awesome! One is never too old to receive Disney gifts!! Maybe Santa needs to be doing some shopping on Ebay and Etsy this year!!:p

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I was in Columbus today for Lily's birthday trip to the American Girl Store. I always have to stop at The Disney Store when I am in Columbus. I'm so excited about the new shirt I bought myself! Now I just have to figure out which day of our trip to wear it!
IMG_7525.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7525.JPG
    IMG_7525.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 38

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
61 more days!!!! My sister in law threw me for a loop recently. Way back before our 180 day mark, we had talked about Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and she seemed mildly interested. But she never said anything else about it, so I figured they weren't interested. Well....the other day at Lily's birthday party, she started talking about how they were going through their costumes because they weren't planning on buying one for the BBB appointments.:jawdrop: So, I got on the phone to try my best to get an appointment. Of course, Lily feels like she needs to have an appt. too! The best I could do was a 2:10 appt. at the DTD location on our arrival day. That was supposed to be our swimming time, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to keep checking back and hope that someone cancels at MK on one of our two days there! Everyone send some pixie dust my way!!:D

I bought Keens for all 3 kids to wear during the trip so their feet won't get so hot and sticky (and stinky!!). They've been wearing them around the house, but I sure wish it would get warm enough for them to wear them outside to be sure they will be comfortable enough to wear all day at the parks!!
IMG_7526.JPG

It was kind of depressing that Logan's fit my feet very comfortably! He's growing up so fast!:cry:
We also got Logan into contacts so that he will be able to see to snorkel with us on Castaway Cay! He's super excited about that!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
that is awesome that you're trip is coming up soon!!! You're going to have such a great time on Castaway!!!! I hope you're able to get some pics while parasailing! It's on my list of things to do there next time I go back!
Castaway Cay is definitely what I am most looking forward to out of the entire trip!! I will do my best to get some good pics while parasailing and post them in my TR!

HouCuseChickie

Keens are so awesome. We got the girls Newport H2s a couple of years ago and they were such wonderful summer shoes. They handled pretty much every condition and still looked great + super easy to clean up. I know at least one of the kids wore them for one of our Disney trips. I'm thinking I may need to get some for this summer.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Keens are so awesome. We got the girls Newport H2s a couple of years ago and they were such wonderful summer shoes. They handled pretty much every condition and still looked great + super easy to clean up. I know at least one of the kids wore them for one of our Disney trips. I'm thinking I may need to get some for this summer.
I agree! We went to the zoo today and I had all three of them wear the Keens to be sure they would be comfortable in them, and all of them loved them!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Just made all my FP+ picks! It wasn't supposed to open until tomorrow, but for some reason it was open today! I even got one for Anna and Elsa for all 11 of us! (I did have a little help from @Disneyfalcon on that one! Thanks, Tammy!) I won't even bother typing out all the times and attractions because I am sure I will change them numerous times in the next few days to weeks!

Disneyfalcon

Just made all my FP+ picks! It wasn't supposed to open until tomorrow, but for some reason it was open today! I even got one for Anna and Elsa for all 11 of us! (I did have a little help from @Disneyfalcon on that one! Thanks, Tammy!) I won't even bother typing out all the times and attractions because I am sure I will change them numerous times in the next few days to weeks!

Woo hoo!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom