Jambo house or kidani?

kasey1988

Original Poster
We are currently highly considering renting dvc points at the akl for 2 nights before our cruise in September. We have confirmed with the dvc rental store there is availability at both jambo house and kidani village; savannah view, but we can't decide which one!

We will only be there 2 nights, flying in at lunch time on the 16th and going on our cruise on the 18th. We will not have a dining plan or park tickets for those 2 days. Just 2 adults as it is our first anniversary trip.

Pros and cons of each? Differences? We have only visited akl to eat at boma in the past!

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at AKL last trip...not DVC, but stayed in Jambo and explored Kidani. While it was an easy walk to Kidani to go eat at Sanaa (which we loved), I preferred the energy over at Jambo. It's not like it was crazy busy or anything, but it felt a bit more alive. The décor is nice at both, but I still give that edge to Jambo and we did enjoy the pool and the Mara for quick service.

Bairstow

I actually think Kidani has the better pool but it's a lot of fun to walk through the Jambo house lobby every day and be close to the bigger restaurants, shops, activities (night vision!), etc.

sissa216

We stayed at AKL last trip...not DVC, but stayed in Jambo and explored Kidani. While it was an easy walk to Kidani to go eat at Sanaa (which we loved), I preferred the energy over at Jambo. It's not like it was crazy busy or anything, but it felt a bit more alive. The décor is nice at both, but I still give that edge to Jambo and we did enjoy the pool and the Mara for quick service.

This exactly- but I also agree, both are lovely!

docdebbi

the rooms/layout are somewhat less luxurious at jambo for DVC, but we are staying jambo DVC in October for the above stated reasons. the lobby is exciting to walk through, the mara, jiko and boma and THE BAR are right there, and all the animal activity and guides hang out there. more in the middle of the action so to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom