Safety Tattoos

chdice

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Looking for your experience with safety tattoos. One of my 3 year old twins has autism. The last time we went to WDW he was 18 months old so he wasn't as mobile as he is now. I was looking to get safety tattoos for him, as well as his twin brother and my 6 year old daughter- because you never know. I have seen Safety Tats and Tattoos with a Purpose. Has anyone used either and had a good experience with them?

Thanks!!

LAM378

Hi chdice! I ordered Safety Tats for our upcoming trip for my 4 year old. I got the ones you write on with their special marker. There's not a ton of space, but I managed to fit two phone numbers.

I tested two of them out on my son's inner forearms. Both held up for about 5 days, at which point I scrubbed them off with baby oil because I got tired of looking at them. They looked kind of grubby by then and were starting to crack/wrinkle.

There was a warning not to get lotion or oil on the tattoo, and I tested that out with sunscreen before I removed them--they did smudge. Otherwise they held up fine through normal bubble baths. Also, my son's skin is very sensitive but these didn't cause any reaction.

He didn't sweat or swim in them because it's still cold here in NJ :bored:...but I feel comfortable using them in WDW next month. I'll avoid putting sunscreen right on them and I'll probably remove/reapply every other day for the heck of it.

I also ordered a dog tag with our cell numbers on it from Amazon for $4, which I'll attach to his belt loop or shoe. I hope this helps a little!

momof1princess

You can also make those pet tags at Wal-Mart. I made a cute one and put it on a long necklace under my 5-year old daughter's shirt for our trip last year.

HouCuseChickie

We used SafetyTats for our girls' first trip back in 2010. They worked really well. Thankfully, we really didn't need them, but it gave me some peace of mind. They went on really easily, were comfortable for the girls to wear, and they lasted an entire week.

NiarrNDisney

You could always write on a note card and laminate it at Kinko's with one of the i.d badge holders then hang it on a lanyard that could double for pin trading.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We used Safety Tats for our trip in 2012 (the kids were 4 and 6) and were very pleased. Each lasted about 3 days (through swims and showers). They left a little black residue on the edges when removed -- like you'd get from a Band-Aid -- which came off with rubbing alcohol (or more specifically in our case, with a squirt of hand sanitizer). It was an effortless way to keep our cell number handy. We taught the kids that if they got lost, they should look for a CM (identifying them by their name tag) and ask them to call the number on their safety tat -- they were not to GO anywhere with ANYone -- just to have them call the number.

Thankfully, they didn't get lost, but I loved knowing they didn't have to memorize our cell numbers.

MackZ

I used safety tattoos on our last visit and they worked well. My son didn't like them on him so I applied them to the back of his shirt below his collar. This time I wrote our cell phone numbers on their magic bands.

Royaltykid25

With Disney's new Magic Bands, rumor is that they can track anyone and everyone. with all the water rides, wouldn't they rub off over time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom