Cinderella's Royal Table with a 3 year old boy (and 30-something husband)!?

Sparkle81

Original Poster
My DH has barely had time to recover from his 'trauma', eating at Akershus on our last trip (he wasn't too keen on the princesses, but he was a fan of the food, though!), and whilst fine tuning my ADR list, I've decided to throw the CRT option at him :angelic: :rolleyes: My DS has very little interest in princesses but I can't help thinking that he would love the excitement of eating in the castle (and I certainly would!). Is the atmosphere very princess-ey & girly? Am I just being cruel in wanting us all to eat there? We'd be aiming to go for breakfast but if we don't get lucky, is lunch really that bad?! Cost isn't really an issue as we've got the free DDP.

Thoughts please? I know I can rely on you guys! :D

docdebbi

the boys get swords.
enough said
violence = little boys loving it.

seriously though, the princesses do come and pose if desired, but the atmosphere is more of excitement over the beauty of the place for us, and the excitment of being IN THE CASTLE and looking out at fantasyland.

and we've gone with all boys, and larger boys (don't call them men, not when they are sitting at the table having sword fights with the little boys!) and never felt out of place. if your husband would be good at helping DS enjoy the surroundings and stressing his being a knight protecting the princesses, i think it would be a great experience for both of them

we prefer breakfast to lunch or dinner, and reservations are now easier to get as everyone is trying to get BOG when lines open up. however, lunch and dinner are still very nice, just even more ridiculously expensive.

Maybe it's just me, but I was three again I would be a embarrassed to go at first. But as soon as I got there and saw myself surrounded by princesses who were paying attention to me, my tune would totally change and I would not want to leave. Would probably ask if they could go home with me or if I could stay at the castle. The adult version of me kinda thinks the same thing. That's the one of the cooler perks of a deluxe disney resort; you can get a princess to tuck you in and read you a bedtime story.

Tom 55

In 2009 we took our 3 1/2 year old grandson to CRT. He enjoyed it.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 36

HouCuseChickie

I think that's the beauty of CRT...being in the castle trumps the girly vibe. Mind you, I do have girls and they do love princesses, but even DH seems to enjoy being in the castle. Setting alone is the big factor that sets it apart from Akershus and makes it a signature experience. I think your son getting a sword and being able to wish with a wishing star will also make a difference. While breakfast is our fave meal at CRT, at lunch and dinner, the kids got their own appetizers (felt grown up) and build your own style desserts (sundae or cupcake)...so that sort of changed the focus of the meal. i.e. the meal became fun.

cfry06

We took our son to CRT for breakfast on his 3rd birthday. He had a blast! I agree with others that the excitement of the castle beats out the princess-vibe. My son enjoyed hamming it up with the princesses but his favorite part by far was the sword and wishing star! The sword is a staple toy in our home two months later. My husband and I enjoyed the meal and experience also - I say go for it!

DizneyPryncess

I never felt like it was overly girly. I've seen the Princesses make just as big a deal of the little boys as the little girls. When we went, the girls got wands & the boys got swords. Everyone got wishing stars. And everyone was referred to as Prince or Princess. Friends of ours took their son, 2, and he loved it. I do think eating in the castle is magical experience for any kid (and adult!) I say go for it. ;)

coltow

My boys were 5 & 8 last time we went. My 5yo loves princesses and 8yo HATES them. However he did enjoy the fact that he was eating inside the castle & when the princesses came aorund he did talk to them and for a couple got out of he chair for a picture. DH has never once complained about dinner because he does like the food

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Thanks guys for all of your replies. Super helpful!

I've read them all out to DH and he's agreed that the chance to experience dining in the castle is too good to pass up. Secretly, I think he's now looking forward to it ;) Only 20 days until ADR day :D

Just a quick question for those of you who have dined there- is it correct that the service charge is included in the price, or do you usually leave any extra? As a Brit who isn't used to the tipping culture, I'm always conscientious about making sure I leave the correct (and decent!) tip ;)

IWantMyMagicBand

Fellow Brit here, I'm at ADR day today (for 15th October). With tipping, the service charge was included for CRT. We didn't leave any extra. It is great in there - my 3 year old and 1 year old boys loved it, obviously my girl did too, but the princesses do make a fuss of boys as much as girls. If your boy watches Sofia he'll know who the princess are, though Belle is in civvies :)
With regards to actual making the reservation, I have been checking 180 days out for the last few days and having lots of trouble as it fills quickly. I'm going to call the UK number at 9 when it opens and see if I can book over the phone as web bookings don't open until 11am here :(

stevehousse

I have 37 days left to go to make ADRs and we r going to try and get CRT for breakfast! My wife really wants to eat there, it also includes myself and our 2 boys, (6 and 3 when we go in the fall), and a newborn (don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, soon! :) ) I do want to eat in the castle, I haven't done it yet on all these trips, so I'm ok with it, and my boys seem ok with it too, so we r gonna try it and see how it is! My youngest boy loves the Cinderella movie, and I was opting for that dining option over at GF, but my wife didn't like what she read was on the menu :( (she's picky...LOL)

Go for it and good luck to everyone trying!

IWantMyMagicBand

Just rang UK number and the lines done open until 7am Eastern time, so the rest of the world has to wait until USA wakes up lol. I know it's the fair way but surely there could be a few spaces allocated to UK for booking?

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Just rang UK number and the lines done open until 7am Eastern time, so the rest of the world has to wait until USA wakes up lol. I know it's the fair way but surely there could be a few spaces allocated to UK for booking?

I guess it wouldn't be too popular if we got the jump ahead of others on ADRs. At least we have the bonus of getting to make them at a civilised time of the day, and don't have to set any alarms for 6am ;)

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Just so I'm not starting another thread, I wondered something else too....
We've got the free DDP so will obviously be using 2 credits for this meal. However, I know that you have to pay upfront for this meal when booking, so when does the money get put back onto my credit card? Is it once my magic band is scanned for the 2 credits at the meal? Is it done automatically or do I have to ask someone?

stevehousse

Just so I'm not starting another thread, I wondered something else too....
We've got the free DDP so will obviously be using 2 credits for this meal. However, I know that you have to pay upfront for this meal when booking, so when does the money get put back onto my credit card? Is it once my magic band is scanned for the 2 credits at the meal? Is it done automatically or do I have to ask someone?
Do u have the DDP already booked on ur package? If so, you need to call and make that ADR and tell them to use your dining credits to book! You will not be able to book with your DP credits online. Online will make you pay for it, then you will still have to call and have tem switch it regardless! Just call and everything will b taken care of!

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Do u have the DDP already booked on ur package? If so, you need to call and make that ADR and tell them to use your dining credits to book! You will not be able to book with your DP credits online. Online will make you pay for it, then you will still have to call and have tem switch it regardless! Just call and everything will b taken care of!

Yep, we've got the MYW+dining package, so it's all on the reservation. Should I still be ok getting a lunch ADR calling and losing an hour to those booking online, or should I book online & then just call to get it straightened out? We're pretty flexible with times.

TheMouseFan

Yep, we've got the MYW+dining package, so it's all on the reservation. Should I still be ok getting a lunch ADR calling and losing an hour to those booking online, or should I book online & then just call to get it straightened out? We're pretty flexible with times.
I was able to book online and use my dining credits. Definitely try it first, then you can call if it won't let you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom