Disney Goes to the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair

Big C 73

Original Poster
The splendor and awe, the harmonious composure of architectural achievement, and the reflections of the future world, today. Where does such imagery provoke a sense of wholeness , perpetrating life within to inspire a foreshadowed optimism which unravels ever so subtly within the conscience, proceeding to emerge from its dormant encasing to display to all the imagery and power of the mind? Here we reflect, here we transport ourselves unto the threshold of a new era, all beginning at the fields of Flushing Meadows in New York City. We welcome you to the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair.

Post any photographs or images of the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair in relation to the presented Walt Disney attractions, exhibitions, or other Walt Disney Productions contributions to the fair.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 285

Big C 73

Original Poster
The Pieta (Michelangelo)
The Vatican Pavilion

image.jpg
image.jpg

"And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you."

-Mark 16:5-7

Happy Easter to All

image.jpg

Clamman73

My pop put all his pictures on slides, from the fair and I have all of. I would like to have them printed someday.

can you tell me how you were able to get a photo off slides?
I used an Epson v550 scanner. It came with a slide holder that does multiple slides at a time ( I think 4 or 5)...can do regular pictures and negatives too. Comes with software to do the transfer and can clean up the image too if you wanted it to. I did some cleanup of the scanned slides in Lightroom to basically take out the dust and maybe enhance the color a bit, but direct from the slide the color is still really good. Most of the slides were Ektachrome or Kodachrome type. There’s also online places to send them to for scanning.
My avatar picture is from a slide from 1984....but my parents had slides going back to when they went to the Worlds Fair in the city.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom