Photopass on magicband?

KLinder7

Bought Memory Maker and scanning my magic band worked great. All my photos showed up, not one was lost. And yes you can have them use your own camera, but I liked getting some magic shots and the quality of photos are usually better, even more so at night. Can't forget getting the ride photos too!

BigTxEars

Bought Memory Maker and scanning my magic band worked great. All my photos showed up, not one was lost. And yes you can have them use your own camera, but I liked getting some magic shots and the quality of photos are usually better, even more so at night. Can't forget getting the ride photos too!

Great to hear. So if you want hard copies of the pictures I guess you can download them via the internet and put them on a SD card and have them printed out at Wal-Mart or Walgreens or the like?

KLinder7

Great to hear. So if you want hard copies of the pictures I guess you can download them via the internet and put them on a SD card and have them printed out at Wal-Mart or Walgreens or the like?

Yea that's the plan if I print any. I try to keep everything digital these days. But it's also cheaper to go to another site to get like a mug or a picture frame with one of the photos. My father was there with me for part of the trip and his birthday is coming up in May. Think I'm going to get something made with one of our photos!...On a side note don't get me wrong MM is only good if you can spare the money. I took thousands of photos on my iPhone and cast members were happy to take a photo pass photo for me as well as one with my phone.

BigTxEars

Yea that's the plan if I print any. I try to keep everything digital these days. But it's also cheaper to go to another site to get like a mug or a picture frame with one of the photos. My father was there with me for part of the trip and his birthday is coming up in May. Think I'm going to get something made with one of our photos!...On a side note don't get me wrong MM is only good if you can spare the money. I took thousands of photos on my iPhone and cast members were happy to take a photo pass photo for me as well as one with my phone.

I like digital better too. We do have a nice photo album from a previous WDW trip that came as part of the photo pass deal. It was fun designing that online and then getting in the mail. We have a non family member going this trip, I want to be able to give her parents some hard copy photos from the trip.

The picture on other items is a good ideal too :)

Karenb64

Does anyone know if you have a picture scanned to your MB, can you have that added to another family members MM? I read recently on another thread that if family members are split up and some get a picture taken and have it put on a pp card you could then add that card onto the MM account. I would assume you would use the number on the card to add to MM. So if you scan to a random MB, how would you add to MM?

cw1982

Does anyone know if you have a picture scanned to your MB, can you have that added to another family members MM? I read recently on another thread that if family members are split up and some get a picture taken and have it put on a pp card you could then add that card onto the MM account. I would assume you would use the number on the card to add to MM. So if you scan to a random MB, how would you add to MM?

I think that it's a matter of having everyone linked in MDE. If everyone has their settings in MDE set to share pictures with friends, they should pull right up.

Karenb64

I think that it's a matter of having everyone linked in MDE. If everyone has their settings in MDE set to share pictures with friends, they should pull right up.
When you say "set to share pictures" are you saying you need to specifically set up a picture sharing option, because I don't see that on MDX. Or are pictures automatically shared if you are all on the same account or if you have linked accounts with another family?

cw1982

When you say "set to share pictures" are you saying you need to specifically set up a picture sharing option, because I don't see that on MDX. Or are pictures automatically shared if you are all on the same account or if you have linked accounts with another family?

I've never done it before, but supposedly if you have linked accounts with other people there is a setting to "share information" or something to that effect. It may not be worded as "share pictures" but there is some kind of privacy setting (I think) that has to be updated to link pictures. I could be wrong though... maybe more will chime in and give more detail.

Rob562

Go to your Friends & Family list on the MDE site and click "Edit" next to the person's name. There's an option labeled "Share PhotoPass Photos" with a checkbox for you to set whether you want that person to be able to view and purchase the PhotoPass pics scanned to your Band.

If you want to be able to see your friend's photos, they will have to set the permission for you to be able to see theirs.

I think these were all checkboxes during the initial setup, though I don't think it existed from Day 1 of the MDE site, so if you've had the profiles set up for a while they may be defaulted to not share for privacy reasons.

This is not an option for "Managed By You" profiles, so I presume that photos scanned to the Bands on those profiles are automatically able to be seen.

(I presume these options can be changed via the MDE phone app too, but I don't have my phone handy at the moment)

-Rob

doctornick

Question: I thought ride photos were automatically added to your photopass account (the rides "read" the MBs when you are on them). But when I got back from my recent trip, there are no ride photos on there. IS it possible to get them on the photopass account?

I didn't get Memory Maker and might not actually order any photos, but I figured I'd look over the ride photos to see if I wanted any and was disappointed to not find them on there.

Karenb64

Question: I thought ride photos were automatically added to your photopass account (the rides "read" the MBs when you are on them). But when I got back from my recent trip, there are no ride photos on there. IS it possible to get them on the photopass account?

I didn't get Memory Maker and might not actually order any photos, but I figured I'd look over the ride photos to see if I wanted any and was disappointed to not find them on there.
My research into MM showed that only those who had purchased MM could have ride photos added to their account (I don't know if if band is automatically read in that situation or not). If you have not purchased MM, I believe the only way to get those pictures is the old fashion way by going to the photo counter and purchasing them. There was a photo package that allowed you to pre-purchase all of your ride photos, but I don't see that being offered any more.

cw1982

I think @Karenb64 may be right about that, but you may want to call Disney and confirm.

LucyK

My research into MM showed that only those who had purchased MM could have ride photos added to their account (I don't know if if band is automatically read in that situation or not). If you have not purchased MM, I believe the only way to get those pictures is the old fashion way by going to the photo counter and purchasing them. There was a photo package that allowed you to pre-purchase all of your ride photos, but I don't see that being offered any more.
So if I'm staying at the resort and get a MM for free I must go to the photo booth and ask the CMs to add the pictures to my MM?

doctornick

Oh, okay. I know people had previously noted that they had ride photos automatically added to their photopass accounts in the past (without buying Memory Maker or its predecessor) but that may have just been testing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom