Fireworks from outside of park

HollyAD

Original Poster
Okay so... I am going to swing over to Orlando for the day tomorrow and probably stay at the Dolphin. I am looking to add a little magic to our day and would like to catch some fireworks from outside the park. What do you guys suggest? Should I head to Poly and watch from the beach or can I catch a good view of illuminations from the Boardwalk? I am not going to get park tickets for the day. I wish I could but we are just passing through before we go home to MD from the in laws house.

Rob562

Your best bet would be the Poly beach. Views of Illuminations are limited outside the park due to the large number of low-level pyro used. You can see the higher-level stuff, but it's far less impressive. Going somewhere to see Wishes at the MK is more worth your time.

-Rob

HouCuseChickie

Another vote for heading over to the MK area. While my parents might beg to differ, since they were able to see Illuminations from their room at the Dolphin this past fall and just raved, I've watched from the YC/BC beach area and didn't really think it was worth it. They don't pipe in the music for Illuminations, so it really just feels like a bunch of disjointed fireworks. This is one of my better shots of Illuminations from the beach...

8234958024_bee85b5e48.jpg

Not very exciting.

stevehousse

I would opt to even go to Contemporary! Just outside the big gift shop, you can go outside and there r seats to watch the fireworks at! If you go early enough, you should be able to get seats as there is not many. You are on the fourth floor so you are elevated enough to see everything and they pipe in the music!

Now I wouldn't tell the guards at the entrance you are there to just see the fireworks...and that's for whichever resort you end up going to! Let them know you and eating there, end of story...

Enjoy the show!

MaryJaneP

Poly beach probably is best. Contemporary is probably 2nd. International Gateway (behind World Showcase) is probably 3rd as I have observed some Illuminations displays from this spot. You can hear everything and can see a bout 50%. IMHO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom