How are they matching AquaDuck Photos to your group?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was looking at shots from the digital package following my recent trip on the Fantasy and something came up that had me fascinated. How are they matching your AquaDuck photos to your digital portfolio? We noticed when we checked the onboard kiosks that photos of all of us in the group riding the Aquaduck were in our portfolio of photos. We never scanned anything to identify ourselves as the riders and yet there are many photos of all of us riding on different days throughout the trip.

Since we didn't scan our cards when riding I'm wondering if this is just a technical/manual facial matching that they are doing or some other technique. Or is there some other sort of RFID reader that is reading the RFID chip in the Key To The World card when boarding. I'm glad we have the photos but am really curious what sort of technology they are using to match that many photos to that many groups during a week.

Tom

Beta Return
I've wondered the same thing about all the dinner photos. They all magically end up in our portfolio, and I never see the photographer writing down the table number. I have to assume it uses facial recognition, comparing to your check-in photo.

5thGenTexan

Facebook can identify people in your photos to tag without you doing anything. Pretty accurate too.

Just goes to show.... you can not escape the all seeing eye, anywhere. :cautious:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
There is an automated camera up top. And, yes, it is indeed facial recognition. Big Brother is watching.

Thanks. I saw that camera (and those shots will never be shared by me publicly), I was just kind of fascinated by the technology that allowed them to match the photos to the ID so accurately. We didn't see a single photo in the portfolio that was of another party. I'm curious how much is automated and how much they need to manual match to achieve that accuracy level.

Disneyfalcon

Thanks. I saw that camera (and those shots will never be shared by me publicly), I was just kind of fascinated by the technology that allowed them to match the photos to the ID so accurately. We didn't see a single photo in the portfolio that was of another party. I'm curious how much is automated and how much they need to manual match to achieve that accuracy level.

I've been on several cruises where the facial recognition on the AquaDuck wasn't working well. Maybe people were laughing too hard? :) There was a large pile of photos on the table the last night. I immediately found mine and hid them! :D

rick3236

On our last cruise on the Dream we were running late and wanted to skip the embarkation photo and head right to lunch, but the cast member told us we needed to take the embarkation picture so the facial recognition would match to our room. We also had two cabins so they had us split by who was assigned to what cabin and took pictures in those groups. The facial recognition is really cool but I miss the picture hunting on the last night on the classic ships.

MOXOMUMD

I've been on several cruises where the facial recognition on the AquaDuck wasn't working well. Maybe people were laughing too hard? :) There was a large pile of photos on the table the last night. I immediately found mine and hid them! :D
Aww they couldn't have been that bad. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom