Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

Here's a question. If you buy the soda and are allowed three refills, why is it stealing if you refill it three times and let your wife use it twice as well as you on the same visit? If you are entitled to a total of four drinks total, how is that considered wrong? I'm just asking and trying to get opinions. I see it as you are allowed four (to include the purchase) so why does it matter how it is distributed?
I think they were talking about the mugs which have unlimited refills for the duration of your hotel stay. But I could be wrong (happens quite often).

MissingDisney

Here's a question. If you buy the soda and are allowed three refills, why is it stealing if you refill it three times and let your wife use it twice as well as you on the same visit? If you are entitled to a total of four drinks total, how is that considered wrong? I'm just asking and trying to get opinions. I see it as you are allowed four (to include the purchase) so why does it matter how it is distributed?
Previously discussed...several times...several pages worth...what the unit/cup is intended for...etc.

Mawg

Why doesn't someone start a poll. Are refills free at self service soda machines for the same visit if there is no "no free refill sign", you bought a drink, and you are not sharing. It would be interesting to see how many people have no morals.
<----has no morals

Prince-1

I think the general point was more along the lines of ...at what point is something stealing/abuse?

From a business perspective they don't want any guest getting soda for free. If you purchase a cup and share with your wife and/or children from the same cup and are not going back up to the machine every two minutes so everyone can get their cup or two full then in my eyes you are not really abusing it. I have seen guests taking a single cup and pouring the contents into a water glass, then going back up for more (witnessed this at Christmas) and getting mad that the machine made them wait. That is abuse/stealing in my book because the guest knew they were going to consume more than a cup and planned to distribute the soda to other cups while contiually refilling.

Oh I agree with what you said Vader. If someone is filling up their cup to distribute to others then yes that constitutes abuse and I can see what people are upset about. But if you have read every post then many people are saying that just simple sharing like I do with my is abuse and we should be waterboarded. (Yes I know, but a little hyperbole won't kill ya)!!

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Okay, I've read enough of this thread, it's dribbled almost into an ethics debate. Can we please get back on topic or someone lock the thread? Everyone just keeps beating this thing like a dead horse.

Prince-1

Nope, I have signs posted all over my property expressly forbidding such behavior. As you well know, if you are not told/shown a sign, it's a free for all. So, I took the appropriate steps.

On a slightly different, but still similar note, I was just able to procure 75 bags of mulch from Lowes. The fools just had it sitting out, no signs expressly forbidding that I take it without paying. Once I get it on my property, you can bet your sweet behind, I'll be attaching my "do not take" signs to it though. I am no dummy.

Hey can you swing by my house and drop off a few bags. I need to lay some down before I start playing with my slip-n-slide. Thanks buddy!!

Goofyernmost

Oh I agree with what you said Vader. If someone is filling up their cup to distribute to others then yes that constitutes abuse and I can see what people are upset about. But if you have read every post then many people are saying that just simple sharing like I do with my is abuse and we should be waterboarded. (Yes I know, but a little hyperbole won't kill ya)!!
The key is how much is shared. If half of the original and 3 refills are shared equally then it is no longer just sharing. It is avoiding paying for an extra cup. If it is just a few sips then I doubt anyone would give a rats behind about it. So the answer is in the numbers. There is a point when sharing become taking.

Okay, I've read enough of this thread, it's dribbled almost into an ethics debate. Can we please get back on topic or someone lock the thread? Everyone just keeps beating this thing like a dead horse.
We're sorry! Hope we didn't offend you. Perhaps you could just skip over this thread and find something of interest to you or even start your own. Sometimes the solutions are so simple!

Prince-1

The key is how much is shared. If half of the original and 3 refills are shared equally then it is no longer just sharing. It is avoiding paying for an extra cup. If it is just a few sips then I doubt anyone would give a rats behind about it. So the answer is in the numbers. There is a point when sharing become taking.

We're sorry! Hope we didn't offend you. Perhaps you could just skip over this thread and find something of interest to you or even start your own. Sometimes the solutions are so simple!

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) Mr. Visionary actually started this thread!! o_O

And I drink waaaaay more soda than my wife so we are good. But I will measure it from now on just to make sure.

Goofyernmost

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) Mr. Visionary actually started this thread!! o_O

And I drink waaaaay more soda than my wife so we are good. But I will measure it from now on just to make sure.
Who started it doesn't matter except for the fact that anyone that starts a refillable mug thread should understand that this is where it will end up. Personally, I think it has been fairly civil.

BTW, no need to report to me on quantities, I was just expressing my opinion on boundaries.

Prince-1

Who started it doesn't matter except for the fact that anyone that starts a refillable mug thread should understand that this is where it will end up. Personally, I think it has been fairly civil.

BTW, no need to report to me on quantities, I was just expressing my opinion on boundaries.

Oh I agree with you. There are a few thread topics that will certainly go off the rails fairly quickly. This is one of those for sure.

As for reporting...I won't. I am very happy and comfortable sharing with my wife. No matter what the amount is.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Oh I agree with you. There are a few thread topics that will certainly go off the rails fairly quickly. This is one of those for sure.

As for reporting...I won't. I am very happy and comfortable sharing with my wife. No matter what the amount is.
That may be fine for most, but this thread was dead for a long time, and someone resurrected it from the dead because they wanted to talk about the RFIDs in Magic Bands. So, yeah, going off topic does happen... but quickly? This thread rose from the dead!

sporadic

That may be fine for most, but this thread was dead for a long time, and someone resurrected it from the dead because they wanted to talk about the RFIDs in Magic Bands. So, yeah, going off topic does happen... but quickly? This thread rose from the dead!
LOL, that was me :) Was the only info I could find on it and was hoping the original poster would've replied.

Goofyernmost

It's my thread. I started it. Perhaps you can start YOUR OWN.
I apologize! I did not and never do look at who started the thread. I joined in at a point when this discussion apparently had jumped the tracks. My comments were out of line considering it was a thread started by you.

However, that said, I don't now nor have I ever acknowledged ownership for any thread. I have had the same discussion with Mr. Spirit. You start a thread you don't control a thread. Conversations, either on-line or in person, always wander off in different directions. It is impossible to understand how, based on history here, a thread with a "Refill Mug Program" title can possibly go off course when the whole reason for the new program was to prevent the type of activity that we were discussing.

Again, I apologize for not realizing that it was a thread started by you. I do not, however, apologize for any comment I made in the course of the thread or acknowledge that there is some sort of hidden "law" that says that I have to or anyone else has to stay within a certain confine. That is true, especially due to the nature and background of the refill program.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's my thread. I started it. Perhaps you can start YOUR OWN.
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Just because you started the thread does not make you "owner" nor "moderator" of the thread.

Threads often take on lives of their own completely different that the intended consequences. Just because this one has done just that does not mean you have the authority to close the discussion.

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

At one point it was rumored some mangers at QS locations were turning the scanners off. What's the current status around the world? Have people adapted to rapidfill or do the machines still get clustered.?

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
At one point it was rumored some mangers at QS locations were turning the scanners off. What's the current status around the world? Have people adapted to rapidfill or do the machines still get clustered.?
After that post, they started to be sure that was no longer the case. The machines are now all working as expected. Managers just have to deal with the extra hot chocolate and tea consumption problem. Also, Polynesian does not currently use Rapid Fill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom