Planning A Trip To Disney World (from Australia)

Ambie

Hi everyone

My partner and I are thinking of having a holiday next year in Disney world.
We are not really roller coaster people (so no roller coaster rides) but we both LOVE disney and want to have the disney experience :)
How much roughly will we need for 10 days in Disney world?
Is there anyone from Australia who has been to Disney World?
I am just on here to see if there is anyone who can give us some advice or tips :)
Thank you :)

harryk

Hi everyone

We are not really roller coaster people (so no roller coaster rides) but we both LOVE disney and want to have the disney experience :)
I am just on here to see if there is anyone who can give us some advice or tips :)
What time of year are you planning on visiting?
Are you planning on staying 'on property' or in near-by 'off property' hotels?
Staying 'on-property' removes any need to hire transportation in that all transportation, (bus, mono-rail, boat) is included.
Meals at WDW are not inexpensive - consider one of the Disney dining plans or possibly 'tables in Wonderland' when looking at some of the costs. (This is available on various web-sites.)
You could be looking at US$ 2500.00+ and over US$ 6000.00+ depending on where you are staying and where you elect to dine and any special in-park Disney Tours you decide to take.
Find a very good travel agent in Australia or call the park directly if you can match up the date/time difference.

Upvote 0

smk

Get a good travel agent or call WDW travel.
Staying on property makes the most sense, solves each and every transportation issue that may arise, such as special insurance to drive a car here, driving on the opposite side of the road etc...
Meals can be expensive but they don't have to be! Breakfast is least expensive, obviously. Evening sit down meals can be pricey. There is also a service called garden grocer that will deliver to your resorts grocery items you may want. So, if you decide on a place with a kitchenette you can make your own breakfast, coffee, have a small fridge for fresh fruit, bagels, lunch meats, cheese etc...Just call and place an order and it will be there as you arrive so slightly after you arrive. I have never used the service but plenty of people on this site have and seemed to love it.
Timing is everything! There is not really any downtime these days but there are some very special times to visit. September/October is a good time. October is the Food and Wine festival if that is something you would be interested in. Crowds at Epcot can be wicked on the weekends but there is a lot to do and taste. Late November, NOT around our Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday every November) but the week after BEFORE the first weekend in December. OR the second weekend in December, you get the Christmas decor and lower crowds. May, early in May is the flower and garden festival, never been but I am sure it is beautiful.
Others on here will chime in and help you plan in any way possible! Have fun planning!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

First; Welcome!
Second; I highly recommend you get a copy of the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World and study it. Get the complete guide, about 1500 pages, which will anwser many of your questions.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I'm a Passporter girl. I think it's much easier to follow and plan from than The Unofficial Guide. That is just a personal preference. The cost will totally depend on the place you decide to stay. It can be extremely expensive to very reasonable. The official Disney World site can be a really good friend. You can check out the resorts, the dining experiences, deals and just about everything you need to know about staying onsite. I also use allears.net. It has every single restaurant on site with the menu and prices. You will be able to tell how much you will need for food. And, this site is a great resource. If you read trip reports, you'll really get a feel and understanding of the parks.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Wow, that's quite a ways to travel just to visit Disney World! The cost in the trip will depend on so many factors - do you want to stay in a Deluxe Resort with the Deluxe Dining Plan or do you want to stay off site and prepare many of your own meals? Do you want Park Hoppers? Will you come during Peak or Value Season? So many factors.

Btw, I live in New York and I visited your beautiful country in 1993 - went to Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra. What a trip!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hi everyone

We've booked clients from Australia before. If you are going to stay on property, by all means gt a dining plan so that you have most of your meals paid for in advance. As far as help with planning and making dining reservations, etc a good travel agent that specializes in Disney can help you from start to finish. If you don't have a dining plan I would plan on approx. $150 a day for food for the 2 of you and for souvenirs that is up to you. If you need help or have more questions, please feel free to contact me!

Pam

Upvote 0

Ambie

Original Poster
Wow thanks everyone for the advice :)
We are wanting to stay on site and are planning on going in May 2015 as my partner is eager for one of the star wars weekends :)

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hope you have fun! I would suggest the Passporter book over the Unofficial Guide too, I just think it is written better. May should be a good time, weatherwise. With ten days you could always resort hop too. Are you planning to go anywhere else in Florida or just Disney?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom