Teppan Edo and Sanaa

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
Hi from Cambridge England.

Alex, Kate and Jonathan here!
We have booked our last two restaurants on DDP - 21 days onsite - cannot wait - July/ August.
Can anyone on here give us as detailed thoughts as possible on these two restaurants and if you could only do one which would you choose and why.

We are a young 51 and a mature 19

Thanks all

Jonathan xx

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Teppan Edo...I could take it or leave it. You can find better, less expensive Teppanyaki dining in almost every city in the states. There is a Kobe a couple blocks outside of DTD that is much better than Teppan Edo.

Sanaa...This is one of the best restaurants on property. They have a very good eclectic, but not weird menu. I would have no issue eating there on every trip.

AlohaAnnie

I prefer Sanaa over Teppan Edo. We recently have been to both on our last visit. I loved the experience at Teppan Edo it was so much fun. I liked the food at Teppan Edo but like the food at Sanaa much more. The bread service is amazing, I highly recommend it. Whatever you choose both will be a great experience.

HouCuseChickie

I can't speak about Teppan Edo, but we loved Sanaa so much that we ate there twice last trip. We went for lunch and had a table at the window for both meals. We loved our food, the service was great, and you can't beat the setting.

jpittore1

We've been to both and Sanaa wins hands down. We were nervous at first with Sanaa, but your cast member/waitstaff will answer any question. We can't wait to eat there again this June. Ask for a window seat so you may watch the animals. Make sure you order a bread sampler.

We've had better "Japanese Steakhouse" style at our local restaurant. We don't have a local restaurant even close to Sanaa.

My 14 and 17 year old children are not that adventurous eaters, but they LOVED Sanaa.

horizons82

I have not dined at Teppan Edo, but I'd HIGHLY recommend Sanaa. The food is fantastic and of high quality. Sanaa is probably my favorite of the non-signature restaurants at WDW.

Plus, not only do you get great food, you get to see and enjoy the hotel property and to enjoy the animals you can watch in the savanna area of the hotel (assuming you are not already staying at this hotel).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is there anything that sets Teppan Edo apart from the average teppanyaki joint?

I don't think Teppan Edo offers anything different than your local teppanyaki joint.
Not really. IMHO the lack or fried rice and shrimp sauce (granted neither are traditional Japanese) make it less appealing than off property options. About the only thing Teppan Edo has going for it is convenience.

cw1982

Not really. IMHO the lack or fried rice and shrimp sauce (granted neither are traditional Japanese) make it less appealing than off property options. About the only thing Teppan Edo has going for it is convenience.

Teppan Edo doesn't even have shrimp sauce?!? Lol... the lack of fried rice was enough to make DH not want to go there, since this is his favorite part of a hibachi meal (even though it's not really Japanese, as you said), so the lack of shrimp sauce would solidify this decision in his mind ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Teppan Edo doesn't even have shrimp sauce?!? Lol... the lack of fried rice was enough to make DH not want to go there, since this is his favorite part of a hibachi meal (even though it's not really Japanese, as you said), so the lack of shrimp sauce would solidify this decision in his mind ;)
They did not have it the last time I was there nor did they on numerous trips before then.

Mukta

I have never eaten at Teppan Edo because they don't accept TiW and I have lots of teppanyaki places near my home.

I love Sanaa. I have eaten there a few times and it is always one of the best meals of my trip.

Texas84

Haven't been to TE in a while but fried rice was available. Yes, our local place is just as good but I love the Japanese CMs. Makes it more authentic than our local joint.

cw1982

Haven't been to TE in a while but fried rice was available. Yes, our local place is just as good but I love the Japanese CMs. Makes it more authentic than our local joint.

I know you said you haven't been there "in a while," but when, if you don't mind me asking? It's not on their menu. Was it something you had to ask for?

PolynesianPrincess

We ate at Sanaa 2 years ago and it was a sleeper pick for sure for us. It was REALLY good! I'm not much for spicey but the tandoori chicken was not spicey at all. The bread sampler was amazing! The atmosphere there is also really nice. How often can you dine while animals roam past your windows? :)

Texas84

I know you said you haven't been there "in a while," but when, if you don't mind me asking? It's not on their menu. Was it something you had to ask for?

Actually, the chef asked if anyone wanted fried rice. He cooked it at the table. Sorry, don't recall if it was on the menu. Since he asked maybe it wasn't. This was about a year ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom