Pre-Trip The it's his first birthday...why not Disney? Pre-Trip Report

Hello! Been lurking the pages picking up as much information as we can for our upcoming trip to Disney World, figured it was time to share our story. Quick introduction...I (husband, Sean) am a Navy veteran and student at Old Dominion University in Virginia. My wife, Cassandra, is active duty Navy. We have a son, Connor, who is getting ready for his 1st birthday May 26th.
Cassandra and I
429397_10150538297586954_1908479726_n.jpg

Connor Jameson
1622484_10203616229626021_1431823754_o.jpg

And one of all 3 of us for good measure
1939534_10151975925056954_5007001888661294235_n.jpg

We are leaving Saturday, May 10 from Virginia Beach and making a stop for the night in Savannah, Georgia (I'm a History major-pretty excited to do a bit of exploring). From there we make the short trek down to Orlando and check into All Star Sports. I lived just outside Orlando for a few years before the Navy and have been to Disney multiple times. My wife grew up outside Pensacola so she has been quite a few times herself! We were thinking she was getting new orders to a ship that was deploying so we booked this vacation, in between semesters for me, so we could squeeze some good ol' family time in. Well, she is not deploying but we are taking the vacation anyways! It will be our first family vacation without having the obligation to see family. We love seeing family but...just us this time! This will be Connor's first trip to Disney and its falling just a couple weeks before his first birthday. Heres what we have lined up...

Sunday May 11,
Check in All Star Sports
Head into DTD, browse a bit then a dinner reservation for Raglan Road
Head back to the resort and SLEEP!

Monday Animal Kingdom
Fast Pass setup for
Finding Nemo
Expedition Everast (going to have to use the child swap)
Kilimanjaro Safari.
Nap and then onto the Magic Kingdom for Wishes!

Tuesday Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan
Meet Mickey
Pirates of the Caribbean
Get Connor his first ears of course

Weds Epcot! Our favorite (we LOVE to eat)
Captain EO, Living with the Land and Maelstrom
We will probably nap and comeback that night

Thursday DHS/MK
The Great Movie Ride
Disney Junior live on stage-Connor loves Mickey and Jake
Lunch at Hollywood and Vine-Hope Connor gets to actually meet Jake!
Toystory
Back to MK to finish off the week with wishes again!

We are super excited. The thought of our trip is getting me through these papers I'm SUPPOSED to be writing.

TheDanahers

Original Poster
I was surprised too, not sure. We will probably just end up carrying it-he is teething pretty hard so might just try to chew on it lol.

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats in your little boy and for your upcoming trip. Thank you for your and your wife's service!!!

Your plan sounds like a ton of fun! I have a secret dream to live in a state further south but not too close to FL where we could drive to Disney without it taking two days. Lucky!

TheDanahers

Original Poster
Thanks! 11 hours won't be too bad. The little man gets a little fidgety after a few hours so it's just easier to divide the drive in two

DizneyPryncess

Congrats on your upcoming trip! You have a beautiful family!! Your plans sound like tons of fun. Enjoy your first trip to WDW with your little boy. :) It really is totally different, seeing it through your child's eyes. My husband and I took our daughter at 13 months, and it was amazing seeing her reaction to everything!

TheDanahers

Original Poster
Thank you very much! We are very much looking forward to seeing his little eyes light up. We did not like the Easter Bunny today but hopefully he'll be better with characters he recognizes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom