Discovery Island into Incredible Island

e2b1

Original Poster
So, while watching 'The Incredibles' today my brain went into hyperdrive.

One of my favorite things at WDW was Discovery Island and it pains me to just see it sitting there... so I'm always trying to think of something Disney could do with it that really captures its adventure spirit while offering experiences not available in the parks. A place people would actually go out of their way to pursue.

Inspired by Nomanisan Island from the Pixar movie, 'Incredible Island' would be an island of popular outdoor adventures with an Disney twist. The island would offer commonly known 'extreme' type activities with a little bit of Disney Quest/Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom interactivity mixed in.

The 1/2 day park would include:
- The Mirage hedge maze : Inspired by Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom, etc this game would be a hedge maze where you conquer different robots, villains, etc. to get clues to get out of the maze.

-Elastigirl Zipline Adventure: A series on Ziplines through the trees of the island.

- Incredicarts: Not your typical go-karts! Each cart can shoot a laser at other carts to slow it down. As you race you pick up special powers by passing RFID patches on the course that let block the laser & speed up, etc.

- Mr Incredible Rock Climbing Walls: Rock climbing wall with interactive points where you earn points based on how high you climb. In fact, you can earn points at all the activities on Incredible Islandyou can trade in for souvenirs at the end of your adventure.

-Tarballs 'Paint Ball' game: Inspired by the 'Tarballs' sequence in the movie this adventure would feature special paint balls that 'stick' to you when you get shot.

- Gazerbeam: is the Wedway type transit system in the movie. Incredible Island would feature it surrounding the Tarballs game and will drop off at various activities on its route.

The Islands central location will feature an Edna Mode inspired cafe with superhereo fashion sketches & a design your T-Shirt station. This will also be home to the IncrediTower observation deck that raises into the sky for amazing views of Disney World!

So, there's my idea. All from one little spark! :)

Incredible_Island.jpg

Attachments

• Incredible_Island.jpg
    Incredible_Island.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 652

MonorailRed

Applebees
Awesome, Awesome Idea! Never would have thought of this!

hades-thumb-gif.gif

You could even step it up by people choosing their "Powers" before going into the park, getting to weaken or strengthen your abilities depending on how many "points" you get on different things. By the way, Ziplining at Disney, very, very, nice touch.

The Wilderness Explorer Idea isn't to bad either... You'd have to fix the water problems.... But a nice thought!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom