Festival of Fantasy FP area on FP+?

coilback

Original Poster
I keep reading about a "FastPass viewing area" for the new Festival of Fantasy parade, but didn't see it in the FP+ selections available. I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to use a FP for it yet, but was thinking about it. Is it on there at all or is it in a different section?

cw1982

I keep reading about a "FastPass viewing area" for the new Festival of Fantasy parade, but didn't see it in the FP+ selections available. I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to use a FP for it yet, but was thinking about it. Is it on there at all or is it in a different section?

From everything I've read on here, the parade FP options don't usually open up until 1-2 weeks or so before the date of the parade.

JohnD

Sometimes it's a month but definitely not 60 days. I'll be in MK on 5/31. I'm waiting for it too (and 7DMT for that matter.)

habuma

If it's a month, then it's not consistently a month. We're 25 days out and FoF is still not showing up as a FP+ selection...and I check SEVERAL times per day (most recently as I was typing this sentence).

I'll be checking every day until it shows up, but I'd be curious to get some data points on when it shows up for other people.

habuma

Couldn't help but notice your avatar has "Collin Cty Comm College". Are you from Plano? We lived in Plano up until 1.5 years ago...now living up near Denton. It's fun to see Disney fanatics from my area on boards like this!

DizneyPryncess

I've been looking for the parade/fireworks FP's for May 3rd....those ones aren't up yet. I think it can vary within the month at anytime. I just keep on stalking MDE. ;)

DizneyPryncess

I'm looking at May 4 and they aren't either

Hopefully they open up in the next few days for us. I've been looking for Fantasmic for May 4th since my 60 day window - every day. It's an option, but every time I select it, it gets a "replacement" of something else. So I keep checking for that one too, although it might just have booked early.

coilback

Original Poster
Couldn't help but notice your avatar has "Collin Cty Comm College". Are you from Plano? We lived in Plano up until 1.5 years ago...now living up near Denton. It's fun to see Disney fanatics from my area on boards like this!

It's funny, because I was just about to change my avatar to my full time badge (I had lost it for awhile). Actually, it's even funnier because I was from Plano at the time and now I'm living in Denton.

habuma

As promised, I'm following up on the appearance of Festival of Fantasy and other parades on my FP+ selection list...

I just discovered FoF and Wishes has appeared on my FP+ selection list for May 14, 18, and 20. Also, MSEP has appeared for May 18 and 20. I checked it about 2 hours ago and they weren't there...odd to see them show up late on a Friday.

Nevertheless, that's roughly 19 days from our first day in the parks (18 days from our arrival).

Now I have some decisions to make.

Last edited:

habuma

Does anyone know if the Wishes FP+ viewing area is still in the rose garden area or has it moved due to the hub construction?

Would it be wise to get a FP+ for Wishes or would it be better to (as I've read) to get a FP+ for MSEP and then sit tight or maybe even move back a bit from the MSEP viewing area to see CtM and Wishes? If the viewing area is still in the rose garden area, the pics I've seen from there have trees blocking a clear view of the castle and it's non-optimal for viewing CtM.

My gut says that it'd be better to take my chances hanging back after MSEP to watch CtM and Wishes, but I was wondering if anyone else has any recent (hub construction era) experience in the matter.

Last edited:

Dark Aries

im 16 days out and finally the FP+ shows all the parades and the wishes fireworks show for me, and yes habuma it says that its in the rose garden area

habuma

im 16 days out and finally the FP+ shows all the parades and the wishes fireworks show for me, and yes habuma it says that its in the rose garden area

Yeah, I noticed that after I asked here. I ended up canceling my Wishes FP+ because based on my knowledge of the location and photos online to back up my hunch, I don't think I'd enjoy the view. There are trees in the way and although the location is fine for Wishes, the angle is non-optimal for watching CtM prior to Wishes. I'll take my chances after MSEP and see what spot I can get near or around Partners for viewing CtM and Wishes. We also have a late BoG dinner on another night, so maybe we can watch Wishes from the backside of the castle that night.

FWIW, in December we just happened to walk into a nice spot near the castle for CtM and Wishes. My only complaint is that it was too close and I couldn't video the entire castle without cutting off part of it in the video. And some of the lower fireworks weren't as visible. Otherwise, primo location obtained without a FP+.

coilback

Original Poster
Seems to open up in "blocks" or something. We are roughly 25 days out and ours opened up yesterday. Where is the "Fastpass" parade viewing area anyway?

habuma

Seems to open up in "blocks" or something. We are roughly 25 days out and ours opened up yesterday. Where is the "Fastpass" parade viewing area anyway?

FP+ parade viewing (for both Festival of Fantasy and MSEP) is on the inside northern edge of the hub. Right on the street so that the parade will pass between you and the castle.

I've never done it before, but I've researched the heck out of it. My understanding is that it's a rather large arc (about 150 degrees) across the north inside edge of the hub and that they strictly limit the number of FP+s granted for that area. As such, there's not only a lot of elbow room, but you might even be able to sit on the ground and move about in the FP+ viewing area.

Again...not my experience...just my understanding. If anyone else here has any insight into it, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

coilback

Original Poster
FP+ parade viewing (for both Festival of Fantasy and MSEP) is on the inside northern edge of the hub. Right on the street so that the parade will pass between you and the castle.

I've never done it before, but I've researched the heck out of it. My understanding is that it's a rather large arc (about 150 degrees) across the north inside edge of the hub and that they strictly limit the number of FP+s granted for that area. As such, there's not only a lot of elbow room, but you might even be able to sit on the ground and move about in the FP+ viewing area.

Again...not my experience...just my understanding. If anyone else here has any insight into it, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.
Well after memorial day weekend, I'll be happy to post some pics from that area since I have my FP for it and give some better details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom