Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

PirateTink

I read this report back when you put it up, but my husband just came home (works on the road), and we're looking at pics for our next trip---I had to show him the wonderful way you two found out about your son! I cried even more this time, lol. What a wonderful Disney memory! Sooooo happy for you!!:happy:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I read this report back when you put it up, but my husband just came home (works on the road), and we're looking at pics for our next trip---I had to show him the wonderful way you two found out about your son! I cried even more this time, lol. What a wonderful Disney memory! Sooooo happy for you!!:happy:

Ahhh! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! It was such a magical experience! Thank so much!!! :)

prfctlyximprct

I absolutely adored this trip report! Thanks for making me smile! And I always thought one day if and when I'm pregnant, it'd be a long 9 months without the world. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it having to sit out some of the main attractions. But you make me want to go to the world with a baby bump! Your pictures are just too cute and your happiness is contagious. My godson's name is Cayden Patrick.. so the initials CP and a good choice! He loves St. Patrick's Day! Congrats again!! :) :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I absolutely adored this trip report! Thanks for making me smile! And I always thought one day if and when I'm pregnant, it'd be a long 9 months without the world. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it having to sit out some of the main attractions. But you make me want to go to the world with a baby bump! Your pictures are just too cute and your happiness is contagious. My godson's name is Cayden Patrick.. so the initials CP and a good choice! He loves St. Patrick's Day! Congrats again!! :) :)

Thank you so much!!!! I was SO surprised with all that we could do! It was nice to slow down...see different things...and bump around the world was fun! :) Thank you for such a sweet message! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Great name for your little man. Loved the trip report and pictures. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see Colin's picture!!

Thank you! Thank you for following along! :) Unless he has other plans, we are looking at about 6 weeks away! So exciting!

DiSnEyF@n

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

I am I'm years watching this!!! Congrats to you both!!!! How wonderful!!!

DiSnEyF@n

We doubled back to America for the American Adventure. And then headed to Germany.

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8976.JPG

20140224_160517.jpg

20140224_161252.jpg

Unt pretzel and beer?

IMG_8977.JPG

Humiliation...

IMG_8978.JPG

Creepy....

IMG_8979.JPG

Happiness....

20140224_161416.jpg

I got what I wished for!!!

IMG_8981.JPG

off to China!

XFk9wYvVdPR79cWj0ByiwtV2aPR5iyaTxBGgif428nPa=w681-h454-no

Norway!

20140224_164510.jpg

The line for Anna and Elsa were about 4 hours at this point in the day. Thankfully they are coming to MK so you can FP it now. We talked to one mom, she was in line for almost 5 hours!!! WHAT!?!

Sorry Mexico, we always skip over you!

I am sure someone asked this to you already, but why do you skip Mexico????? :)

Ps: loving your TR so far!!!!

DiSnEyF@n

Congratulations!! Loved the story of your reveal and coming up with the name at dinner! :)

Two food comments...

1. Yes, you need to try the ice cream in France. Specifically the macaroon ice cream sandwich. So good!
2. Your idea of going to Be Our Guest for soup/apps is a good one. I was there last month for lunch (same weekend as you!) and had the Potato Leek soup and it was DELICIOUS! Highly recommend it!

I WILL have the macaroon ice cream sandwich when I go in August... Sounds amazing!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I am sure someone asked this to you already, but why do you skip Mexico????? :)

Ps: loving your TR so far!!!!

Thanks! We skip Mexico ... we don't skip but more over just blow by. The ride is just meh and we are over it. The decor style in the shops isn't to our liking so nothing to see there. We hit it first b/c UK/Canada is last and its too early to eat there usually and the tequila bar is closed. So its more blow through then skip.

DiSnEyF@n

Love love love your gender reveal. And wonderful trip report. Enjoy every second with that little boy of yours. They grow up so fast. I can remember like yesterday when mine was toddling around speaking in a high-pitched voice, and now he's a teenager, taller than me with a deep voice. But he still has moments when I know he's mommy's boy. The other day we had an argument (as often happens with teenagers) but we made up, and he asked me to come up to his room to kiss him good night at bedtime. When I did, he said, "I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you do for me and how grateful I am that you're my mom." Could you just melt?!

So glad you had a wonderful trip.

That is the sweetest!!!!!! Enjoy your time with your son... Even though he's a teenager, soon to be adult... He will ALWAYS be your little boy! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom