Caribbean Beach resort rumor

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've always heard that the CBR rooms were 340 and all the other Moderates were 314, pretty much because the CBR was the first non-Deluxe resort Disney built, and thus the rooms were made a bit larger. Then future resorts had smaller rooms. Same went for OKW, the original DVC resort. OKW units are huge compared to the DVC's that followed.

And having stayed in both CBR and POR multiple times, I'd guess most of the added square-footage is in the width of the room, not the depth.

-Rob
My wife is going to give me such the stink eye when I start measuring the room the next time we are there.;)

thomas998

Actually Cbr has the largest rooms of the moderate resorts. The rooms measure roughly 340 square feet were as the other moderate are only 314 square feet. About the queen beds hadn't heard . To be honest I've stayed at Cbr twice and hadn't noticed the beds were that small, we have a king size bed at home.

Actually I think the cabins at fort wilderness are larger. They certainly seem larger and at the very least they offer more beds, the bunk beds, plus the other bed in the bed room, plus the fold out in the living room... when you need space they are the best moderate option.

surfsupdon

Most literature does say CBR has the largest at 340sq ft (just shy of the WL and AKL at 344). And those rooms have queens, just like the smaller POR, FQ, and CS.

I heard it's an easy fix to convert the full beds into queens at CBR. The problem arises with the pirate rooms because the mattresses sit INSIDE the ships, so the ships would need to be larger.

Or, you keep pirate rooms with full beds and regular rooms with queen beds. But that might get tricky.

surfsupdon

The Moderates should also just get rid of the table and chairs! Does anyone ever use them as a dining area??

Put in a smaller couch/loveseat/daybed like the Deluxe Resorts have. Someplace that's comfortable, other than a bed, to sit and relax. The TV unit, the dresser, and the awkward "moderate resort bench" offer plenty of counter space to lay things.

The rooms would be that much more "thoughtfully" laid out with an added cushioned place to sit or sleep.

Rob562

The Moderates should also just get rid of the table and chairs! Does anyone ever use them as a dining area??

Put in a smaller couch/loveseat/daybed like the Deluxe Resorts have. Someplace that's comfortable, other than a bed, to sit and relax. The TV unit, the dresser, and the awkward "moderate resort bench" offer plenty of counter space to lay things.

The rooms would be that much more "thoughtfully" laid out with an added cushioned place to sit or sleep.

Eat? No.

But sometimes you want to sit at a table and do things like work on a laptop, write postcards, have kids do their homework because you took them out of school, without having to sit and do it on the bed.

-Rob

John

When I was there in January I was speaking with the manager and was told that a refurb of the resort was going to happen very soon. Although not a bus driver I will take it with a grain of salt. It seems like the over all opinion of the resort is 50/50, IMO I loved the place. Of course I was very close to the main building. If I was across the lake I wouldn't have been happy. The pools are some of the nicest I have seen on Disney property. The resort was clean and the Cm's were fantastic!

SosoDude

Yeah, the table is just there to collect junk when we are there. We only use the chairs to tie our shoes in the morning.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom